Smoke in the cabin! by MrPBody
Started on: 01-04-2003 10:12 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: fierogsmith on 01-04-2003 11:50 PM
MrPBody

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2003 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrPBodyClick Here to visit MrPBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrPBodyDirect Link to This Post
The ghost of autumns past caught-up with me today.

When I started the car this morning, smoke began to seep from the cowl and heater vents! Recognizing the problem from past discussions on PFF, I did not pause to savor the pungent aroma of smoldering oak leaves, but turned-off the ignition, pulled the heater fuse, and poured water down the cowl vents.

I think there was no serious damage, but boy did it stink! Damn! If it ain't one thing, it's another. %$#@&* exposed heater resistor!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JetroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2003 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTDirect Link to This Post
At least you got to it in time! When I cleaned out the vent area I got about 4 handfulls of packed leaves.

------------------

p4n1c

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2003 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p4n1cSend a Private Message to p4n1cDirect Link to This Post
I didn't get the leave thing, but when my heater core went, I had the nice aroma of anti-freeze vapour and watched it fog up the windows and pour smoke like stuff out the vents. I almost passed out while driving, that was fun.
fierogsmith

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2003 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogsmithSend a Private Message to fierogsmithDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mr P Body , It's what I tell my sons when they are driveing MY Fiero . It's like driveing an F-14 . You have got to be aware of everything , especially Dad's Fiero . A heads up to you and positive rateing from me .

Galen Smith
Red 85 Sport Coupe
Founder of Suncoast Fiero Club
Florida fiero Council

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock