Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What happend to the guy that had the 6" Chop Top?? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
What happend to the guy that had the 6" Chop Top?? by Falcon Fiero
Started on: 12-30-2002 12:41 PM
Replies: 80
Last post by: fieroman_5000 on 02-25-2003 12:00 AM
perkidelic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2003 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for perkidelicClick Here to visit perkidelic's HomePageSend a Private Message to perkidelicDirect Link to This Post
Caught me in the mood to play, so here's my take...

perk

------------------

phitown.com

* Supercar (Fiero) - in the works!
    * 85 Fiero 2M4 - 84 parts car
    * 79 Camaro - 88 Chevy custom truck - 91 & 89 Accords
IP: Logged
Ancaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2003 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AncasterSend a Private Message to AncasterDirect Link to This Post

original 18 inch rims HAHA

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2003 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
I am glad I dug this thread/topic up! Looks bitchin! Nice work.

------------------

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2003 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by perkidelic:

Caught me in the mood to play, so here's my take...

perk

Hey perk, nice wheels, but you forgot the tires!

------------------

gold/silver/white/black 86 SE - daily driver/project

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2003 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
I hated it when I fiest saw it but now it's growing on me.

5 min photochop job

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2003 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Drop it 2 inches and put on some 17in wheels and it'll look 10x better

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: GTFiero
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs

Drive it like you stole it...nice and slow so you dont get your @$$ caught by the cops

RJONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2003 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RJONESSend a Private Message to RJONESDirect Link to This Post
any suggestion on wheels and isn't 17 a little big might look good in pic bout how about in real life on roads
White88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2003 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White88GTSend a Private Message to White88GTDirect Link to This Post
I have 18's on mine and I couldn't be happier but you can be the judge of that..
(I got a new computer and it doesn't have WinZip so the only pics I can post are in my sig)
--Nathan

------------------

White88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2003 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White88GTSend a Private Message to White88GTDirect Link to This Post

White88GT

656 posts
Member since Nov 2002
Just got WinZip back so here ya go...

The other pics are too high of a resolution and I don't know how to change the size and res. without taking the pictures over again
soory I had some good ones for ya..
--Nathan
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2003 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
I am still no good at photoshopping. Here goes my attempt though.
Before

After

Tell me what you think.

------------------
If you find my advice useful please rate me.
87 GT
Holley Side Scoop---DELETE
K&N Air Filter
Home Page

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 01-06-2003).]

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2003 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
DO IT!!!
PFF
System Bot
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2003 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
SLAM IT!

------------------

RJONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2003 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RJONESSend a Private Message to RJONESDirect Link to This Post
looks good i will most likly drop it somemore after i put in the v-8 so i can see weight difference in back end of car it is still stock height
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2003 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Geez, and I thought stock height was low!...

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
RJone's,
Tell us a little bit about the process that you went throug to do this project please....
How long did it take?? How hard was it on a 1-10 scale and 10 being the hardest...?? What tool's did you actually have to use??
Would you do it again?? Come on dude, give us the low-down...LOL

Smooth!!

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com
Have you RATED me today??
3.4DOHC SWAP in near future

Borgio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2003 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BorgioSend a Private Message to BorgioDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:

RJone's,
Tell us a little bit about the process that you went throug to do this project please....
How long did it take?? How hard was it on a 1-10 scale and 10 being the hardest...?? What tool's did you actually have to use??
Would you do it again?? Come on dude, give us the low-down...LOL

Smooth!!

I second that. Where did you purchase the windows and how did you do that? Do you have any pictures of the process? I would love to hear more about what you did.

RJONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2003 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RJONESSend a Private Message to RJONESDirect Link to This Post
smooothgt thanks for the interest i'd say about a 6 on the scale. i started with a jig saw and tape measure and my trusty mig welder .removed interior ,braced across doors removed front windshield then roof panel ,rear bumper and rear upper roof ,supported front roof then removed back window then marked 3 inches off with tape and cut off back inner roof support cut relief on inner roof then spread out to lower tack welded back on then started up front by cutting v reliefs in lower front and and reliefs in upper then laid it back to meet to rear roof added inner roll bars in window pillars and rear roof supports and welded back together.then had to start fitting fiberglass back on first main rear upper piece then front roof which i had to take out about 2 inches. front windshield is stock but rear is just flat saftey glass which i had a friend help me cut and sand the edges..this process took about 8 months of after work and 2 day off a week to complete i even did my first attempt at paint which if i don't say didn't come out too bad .and this was all done in a 12ft x 22 ft garage i will e-mail more pics when my friend sends them to me as i don't own a camera yet he came a took all my pic through the tear down and build up sorry so long but it's a long process as archie can admit to thanks again Rj
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2003 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
nice work!

I vote for lowering, putting 16 or 17 inch wheels on it, the gt bumpers, and the gt side skirts. That would just be SWWEEEEETTTT.

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2003 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
I like this look.

Then throw some rims on it

------------------
If you find my advice useful please rate me.
87 GT
Holley Side Scoop---DELETE
K&N Air Filter
Home Page

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2003 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
You can never be to low or have big enough wheels! It just goes with the exotic sports car look.

Before with 17" wheels

Now with 19" wheels (no change in ride!)

Good Luck!!

MOBILE

------------------
Member MN Fieros Forever 1986 GT. Self Installed SC3800/getrag almost everything performance wise is modified/upgraded, inside and out. Over 10 years in Car Audio and Car Electronics Experiance P.S. GOT 19"s??(all the way around)

Azarael

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2003 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzaraelSend a Private Message to AzaraelDirect Link to This Post
Drop springs, ground effects, aero bumpers and that car will probably be one of the sweetest looking fieros ever.
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2003 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Ron just emailed me some more pics of his extreme choptop- here they are to share!

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2003 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

MinnGreenGT

11545 posts
Member since Jul 2001

-Dang, that thing is low!

RJONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2003 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RJONESSend a Private Message to RJONESDirect Link to This Post
thanks for posting my pics ,,do i qauify in the radical fiero class??
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2003 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RJONES:

thanks for posting my pics ,,do i qauify in the radical fiero class??

No problem... I love pics

As for a radical Fiero? You Bet!

Manic Mechanic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2003 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Manic MechanicSend a Private Message to Manic MechanicDirect Link to This Post
Man that thing is smushed.
hallsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2003 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hallsmanSend a Private Message to hallsmanDirect Link to This Post
Well, when you want your car lowered, don't they usually do the other side? LOL! Looks like a good job on the chop though. Now all ya need is a set of nice rims, and it'll be set! Good luck to ya. And yes, that is a radical Fiero.

------------------
Listen to my car here.
See my Fiero website here.
Join the UD Fiero Owners Team here.
If you want a signature picture or wallpaper designed, let me know.

Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2003 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post
how long can you go! that car would definetly win at a limbo contest

-Coop

gotta say it does look good though

------------------

sqoach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2003 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Lower it about 2.5" inches and it'll be as short as the GT40!
Oh yeah, what's with the trailer hitch?
Borgio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2003 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BorgioSend a Private Message to BorgioDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing the pictures with us! That thing is pretty sweeeet. Definetly agree that it needs rims. Get some 16 inch rims and some low profile tires and then slam it and it will be even lower! Other people suggested 17 inch rims, but I think 16s would look better since the car looks so small cause its so low. With that setup you could drive right under a semi no problem.

[This message has been edited by Borgio (edited 02-03-2003).]

Dan Robinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2003 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan RobinsonSend a Private Message to Dan RobinsonDirect Link to This Post
I'm not always fond of the Formula's but with such a extreme chop I think it would look better if you went with Formula bumpers rather than GT. I just think the extreme chop makes the car look even smaller and the GT bumpers would be to bulky. I would choose between 16's or 17's (thinner type spokes with the Formula look). I think it would just give it a lighter look. Could someone photoshop either bumpers on it?
PFF
System Bot
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2003 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if that height is practical,but who cares!You did one fine job on that car and deserve to be proud of your work.It almost looks like a bullet.Again,nice work!

------------------
Question my ability,question my intelligence,never question my integrity!

RJONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2003 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RJONESSend a Private Message to RJONESDirect Link to This Post
the hitch is to tow the color matched trailer of rear of a fiero .I'm hoping for 16 inch rims but waiting till i finish the new gullwing doors and 350 eng,hope to make it even sweeter and i already fit fine under semi's in motion
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2003 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
Unreal, amazing, what else can be said?
you definately have some guanas

------------------

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2003 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RJONES:

the new gullwing doors.

Ron,
Can you do a "Build-Up Thread" for the GullWing Door's?? I thought that there is ALOT of modification's to the roof, and the door's. Everyone say's it can't be done... Go For It!!

------------------
In memory of the family's, friend's and chilren of the Crew of The Space Shuttle Columbia. February 1, 2003

jubjub2m6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2003 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jubjub2m6Click Here to visit jubjub2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to jubjub2m6Direct Link to This Post
i put some 2001 Grand am wheels on it...kinda gave it some what of a classytouch and dropped it

yes i was very bored tonite!

------------------

86SE Gold 4spd Modified
VROOOOOOM!!

RJONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2003 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RJONESSend a Private Message to RJONESDirect Link to This Post
is that not reason enough to build,i mean when someone says something can't be done you at least need to try..and i'll try on the build up thing but i've never been to good with words just my hands or computers
fierogt88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2003 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt88Send a Private Message to fierogt88Direct Link to This Post
Can I play too??

FieroKyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2003 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroKyleSend a Private Message to FieroKyleDirect Link to This Post
I would hate to clean that windshield, plus I would need some foam so I didn't hit my head everytime I went to get in it for me. =)

------------------

My Fast 'n Black Car
Kyle - 85' GT

87FastbackHartz14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2003 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FastbackHartz14Send a Private Message to 87FastbackHartz14Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dan Robinson:

I'm not always fond of the Formula's but with such a extreme chop I think it would look better if you went with Formula bumpers rather than GT. I just think the extreme chop makes the car look even smaller and the GT bumpers would be to bulky. I would choose between 16's or 17's (thinner type spokes with the Formula look). I think it would just give it a lighter look. Could someone photoshop either bumpers on it?

You took the words right out of my mouth! I couldn't agree more.

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock