PIX of The Yellow 88 T-Top GT by Tom Corey
Started on: 09-28-2002 10:20 AM
Replies: 21
Last post by: red85gt on 09-30-2002 01:43 AM
Tom Corey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
Here are the pix I promised several of you about a month ago. I just completed a 15 month restoration including a panel off paint job (done by me), a 4.9L V-8 (Fiero Factory), and new interior. Every screw, clip, moulding peice, etc that was available new has been replaced. All panels were stripped down to original primer or plastic and repainted. Even doing it myself in the original Talbot yellow, still cost me a little over $2,000 just for materials - sealer, primer (flex), two base coats, four clear coats, with flex additive. My hat is off to you guys who do paint jobs for a living - I'll never do another one myself - most physically demanding job on a car I've ever done! This is the car I had at RFTH in Georgia earlier this month. The T-Tops do not leak! Note the 4.9L logo on the console and that the console, shift cover, and radio pod are all done in double stitched leather. There are 154,000 original miles on the car, but now its my brand new Fiero!!

------------------
Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC V8
88 Yellow T-Top GT, 4.9L Caddy, 4T60E

[This message has been edited by Tom Corey (edited 09-28-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Tom Corey (edited 09-28-2002).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lowfierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 247
User Banned

Report this Post09-28-2002 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post
Car looks good...

------------------
[IMG][/IMG]
http://lowfierogt.150m.com
86 1/2 GT auto, 18" wheels, GA CD brakes, ST brace, Leather, getting 3800 SC
88 Formula 5 speed T-Top stock,
86 GT 65k miles

DOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DOMSend a Private Message to DOMDirect Link to This Post
I think the car looks great!
When my swap's done I might have to get you to do mine.
Dominick
DOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DOMSend a Private Message to DOMDirect Link to This Post

DOM

27 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Hey just noticed you have two,wich one is funner to drive SBC or 4.9?
just curious.
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DOM:
Hey just noticed you have two,wich one is funner to drive SBC or 4.9?
just curious.

Since my 4.9 is an automatic, I have to say the "fun" nod goes to my V-8 Archie 87 GT, along with the raw animanl power nod. However, I wanted the 4.9 for a trip car, an around town car - a daily driver and it is really great in that role. I find it waaaay too easy to get in trouble with the 400hp SBC. But maybe that's just a combination of my lead foot and attitude.

------------------
Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Looks great, Tom! I didn't know that was your car! Ed told me that they had just finished a 4.9 conversion on it.. I wish I had known it was yours. There were only 4 T-tops there. Yours, mine, Ronnie's, and that burgundy one. Here is a picture I took at one of the rest stops where three of the four t-tops were parked together.

One of yours...

And one of mine. I was parked right next to you and behind the burgundy T-top.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-28-2002).]

FieroJames

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJamesSend a Private Message to FieroJamesDirect Link to This Post
WOW thats a awesome car! Wish I had the skills some of u all. GREAT JOB!

------------------

stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiDirect Link to This Post
Absolutley amaizing

I'm debating on painting my Fiero Black or Yellow...i can't decide...i've always loved midnight black

Looks awesome...Your car is one of those Fieros that most people use as a basis for comparison to all other fieros and their own

Awesome job!

------------------
Steven Rossi
Just click the link
http://members.fortunecity.com/bubbajoexx/id208.htm

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
That car is beyond words. Absolutley stunning! Its like you read my mind on my dream Fiero....Can you elaborate on the leather covered consoles? Did you do it yourself?
A+++++

------------------
The force will be with you, always.

[This message has been edited by My7Fieros (edited 09-28-2002).]

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post
definitly awesome. Great job!
-Ryan

------------------
AOL - i am RATDOG

http://members.cox.net/rynelson85/

artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to say, that's one *beautiful* picture! (and a stunning yellow 88! NICE job! Would you mind shareing your source for all those little bolts/fastners in a post in tech by chance?)

Where was this pic taken? I absolutely love the fog and mist and Fieros! Looks like magic.

Best!
Ben.

Originally posted by Songman:
Looks great, Tom! I didn't know that was your car! Ed told me that they had just finished a 4.9 conversion on it.. I wish I had known it was yours. There were only 4 T-tops there. Yours, mine, Ronnie's, and that burgundy one. Here is a picture I took at one of the rest stops where three of the four t-tops were parked together.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

[This message has been edited by artherd (edited 09-28-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
I REALLY REALLY LOVE that Yellow T-Tops...is there any better higher quality pics of it?

------------------
FURIOUS FIERO
'86 2M4-Sold

beachbomb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beachbombSend a Private Message to beachbombDirect Link to This Post
NICE!!!!.........jim('84 Indy and '86GT)
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful!!!!

------------------

Click to Listen!

Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Here's another pic of Tom's GT taken in the Hotel parking lot on Friday , before the rain got there.
Artherd , the pics with the fog were taken on the RFTH7 in the North Georgia mountains.
Songman , wish we had thought and got all 4 T-Top cars together for a group picture!!
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2002 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
Can you elaborate on the leather covered consoles? Did you do it yourself?

The leather console was done by a local upholstery shop here in Melbourne. He has the pattern for the console, but said he didn't want to do any more radio pods or shifter console covers - they were way too hard to suit him. Contact him at a1autotops@aol.com. He's the same guy that made my T-Top Bra. For the guy that asked about bolts and fasteners - I also got those at various local sources. The chrome fender bolts came from the local Ace Hardware, plastic rivets from a local shop and from Harbor Freight & many fasteners were still available at Pontiac and several bolts were purchased at our local Daytona Bolts and Fasteners store.

------------------
Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2002 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
You guys have to see this car in person. Although the pics are great, they really don't do it justice. And Ed's 4.9 installation looks absolutely "factory". (I want one. Bad.)
The medium red 88 GT belongs to John Wilhoff (88DatabaseGuy) of the Ga Fieros.

Here's a couple more pics...

------------------
Raydar

I'm not the fig plucker.
I'm the fig plucker's son.
But I'll pluck figs
'Til the fig plucker comes.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-29-2002).]

jerryc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2002 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jerrycSend a Private Message to jerrycDirect Link to This Post
That is a beautiful car!!!!Congradulations
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2002 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get your rims from and what size they are. I really like the looks of them. Let me know and nice car.

Amir

------------------

1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
(15.57 @ 87mph)
1988 Formula 5 spd: 3.4
(15.56 @ 84mph)

OutlawFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2002 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OutlawFieroClick Here to visit OutlawFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OutlawFieroDirect Link to This Post
Wow, really a nice restoration job, you should be proud of your hard effort. Beautiful car, I like how you did a panel paint job, lot's of work but the results are worth it.

------------------
Help, Someone has lit a Fiero in my a#@!

FieroMGDriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2002 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverDirect Link to This Post
I snapped a picture of his rims....very nice.

------------------

AIM: FieroMGDriver My Fiero Page

PFF
System Bot
red85gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2002 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red85gtClick Here to visit red85gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to red85gtDirect Link to This Post
Hey tom that car is awsome! I want to know where you got the air intake for the 4.9 I could use one of those on my buick

------------------
Stock 85 GT Bracket Racer
My record so far is 1W 1L
Fastest time 16.54

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock