Started on: 09-02-2002 12:22 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: JD86GT350 on 09-03-2002 07:23 AM
Philphine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
another of those things i tried to decribe but am just now being able to show. got a couple of questions on it so i thought i'd do it next.

it's not quite as wide as the stock spoiler, but you have to pretty much be directly behind it to really tell. this is a pretty much direct saleen copy and i know there is one copy that is a little wider at the wing but i've never been able to find out who makes it.

bit of a angle view and it's harder to tell it's not quite as wide. also you see how the leg (don't know the best term) of the wing kind of lines up with the trunk lid so it looks more like a wing actually made for this car than some aftermarket wings. also...

if you use 2 of the 3 mounting holes on each side you are outside of the trunk area so there is no problem with leaking.

the minuses...

rear view is worse than a stock wing. i can't say how much 'cause i'm also looking around an indy scoop so they kind of both are blocking things some. if i remember right i had the wing first and it wasn't too bad on it's own, but i have to throw that in for consideration.

not a true minus, but if interested make sure you get one for a coupe/conv. 'cause a hatchbach one will have a funny angle.

anyway, there it is. i have another 5.0 style wing i'll show in a bit, but it's not for the faint of heart (yes, it would probaly be considered a ricer wing) when i show some progress pics on the chopper, and i may have a line on a wing for a gt that should look good, but i have to work the deal and get it to say for sure. i'll post it too if it works out and fits good.

------------------
Phil T.

start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
Spoiler looks great .... but who does that old Lincoln in the top pic belong too ???
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
wow, I actualy really like that! I still want a wraparound wing, but I'm assuming these are much easier to get?

------------------

1988 Quad 4 Coupe 5 speed
More pics of the coupe
1986 GT 5 speed, 1984 SC Auto
AOL: LastMinuteBastrd AIM: SavedbyJebus

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Got your PM about this. Thanks.
That's cool how the mounting bolts are on the outside like that.
I just noticed something. That notch in the middle of the wing. Was there a brake light there at one point?

------------------
-Adam
sqoach@yahoo.com

86 SE V6 - daily driver

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post
looks sharp, I like it
onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post
Looking good! Can we see a side view of the car?

------------------

salo4587

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for salo4587Send a Private Message to salo4587Direct Link to This Post
sorry, i cant appreciate it.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
the lincoln was mine but i recently gave it to my brother. way too many projects going and it was being ignored.

like i said in another thread, get your dead cat out. you can find one anywhere.

yes, thats a spot for a third brake light, but i have one on my indy scoop so i didn't try to use it.

couple of shots...

wish i could work up a rear facia idea before i have this painted, but i work so slow i've got plenty of time to find or make something.

already know there are those that don't like it. but i'm not worried about contests or judging. i made it for me.

Don_Chi_Chi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2002 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don_Chi_ChiClick Here to visit Don_Chi_Chi's HomePageSend a Private Message to Don_Chi_ChiDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see there's other people out there giving this wing a chance. I had actually wired a 3rd brake light in my saleen wing before I sold it and boy, is it a pain in the arse to do.
gargoyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2002 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gargoyleSend a Private Message to gargoyleDirect Link to This Post
Ok, here's my $.02. I think it is a very good start but here are what I see as problems. I think it needs to be widened, uh, made wider. I'm definately not a body man but I don't think it would be that difficult to do it. Just trim it at the edges and then extend them out over the edge. See my sig. If it were wider I think it would really look good. My only other comment is, those wheels have got to go. Oh, I like what you have done with the mirrors. That I think is an original one.

------------------

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2002 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
I hope Im not the first to say that...RICE!!!!, thats like the FIERO RICEMOBILE!!!!!

------------------
1986 FIERO 2M4 MODIFIED-SOLD!!!!!

The Search for a Fastback has begun!

PFF
System Bot
JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2002 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post
I like the look of those IRM rockers on the coupe!

[This message has been edited by JD86GT350 (edited 09-03-2002).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock