Started on: 08-28-2002 08:50 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: SLAMMED87GT on 09-01-2002 03:26 AM
batboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Finally got my 1994 Dodge Shadow rear spoiler today. It's in nice condition except 6 of the 12 mounting studs were missing and looks like they've been stripped/pulled out. Now I have to find some replacement studs and epoxy or resin them back into place. Here is a pic with the spoiler mocked up into place. You would almost swear it was made for the Fiero. Drill some holes and mount it into place. Perfect fit and looks good too.

I thought it would cover up more of the holes left over from the old luggage rack that I removed. Now I'm thinking that I'd better find a clean rear deck lid to use. Also, I'm still trying to figure out what rear hood scoop to use, but I'm leaning towards the 1979 Mustang style scoop. I already have Grand Am, Trans Am, Grand Prix, and Dodge Shadow parts on the beast, might as well add Ford Mustang.

------------------
BATBOY
1985 SE auto with a 350 Chevy V8 engine (Batmobile)
lowered, suspension mods, Grand Am brakes and wheels,
Trans Am hood louvers, side air scoop, DGP front spoiler,
front mounted battery, custom gauges, stereo mods, etc.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Red86SEautox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red86SEautoxClick Here to visit Red86SEautox's HomePageSend a Private Message to Red86SEautoxDirect Link to This Post
Cool...that's gonna look great. You gonna paint it body color or something different?
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Look's Great !!! Paint it the body color...

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com www.CFOG-I.org

BC-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BC-GTSend a Private Message to BC-GTDirect Link to This Post
Does look very good. My favorite aftermarket spoiler. May put one of those on myself and sell my original spoiler, currently have the "rack" myself.

------------------

Red86SEautox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red86SEautoxClick Here to visit Red86SEautox's HomePageSend a Private Message to Red86SEautoxDirect Link to This Post
Go with the Mustang scoop and paint it and the spoiler black...that would look great.
batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
The beast is overdue for a new paint job. As soon as I get all the body mods done, I'm going to repaint it. I'm leaning towards the original metallic silver on top and a medium metallic charcoal gray on the bottom. So, the Shadow rear spoiler, front louvers, rear scoop, and mirrors will all be the body color silver. This modified pic is sort of like how I want to do the two tone scheme, although the lower color ain't exactly the right color I have in mind.

There is a pretty good chance that I'm getting these custom rocker panels and side scoops too.

------------------
BATBOY
1985 SE auto with a 350 Chevy V8 engine (Batmobile)
lowered, suspension mods, Grand Am brakes and wheels,
Trans Am hood louvers, side air scoop, DGP front spoiler,
front mounted battery, custom gauges, stereo mods, etc.

[This message has been edited by batboy (edited 08-28-2002).]

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2002 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. The paint scheme you have in mind is a cool idea, too.

BTW, where do you get those rocker scoops?

------------------
-Adam
sqoach@yahoo.com

86 SE V6 - daily driver

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I haven't actually got the rocker scoops yet. Bob of Twin Lakes Fiero is supposed to be making a production run fairly soon. They are not cheap, but they are about the best ones available in my opinion (and there ain't many available). See this link for more info.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/021133.html
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2002 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:
Look's Great !!! Paint it the body color...

Yeah and NOT differant color primers! right steve

------------------

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2002 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I lucked out and found a clean rear deck lid from a 1985 2M4 coupe at a salvage yard in Emporia for only $35 since I offered to remove it myself. It's even silver! There was a tiny bit of damage around the lock hole where someone had punched out the lock cylinder, but that should be easily repaired. There is no remote solenoid, but I'm going to transfer the lock cylinder and release solenoid from my old rear deck lid. Yippee, now I can get rid of that ugly luggage rack deck lid and not worry about trying to fill the holes.

I also found a plastic interior trim piece I'd been looking for that cost me a whole whooping $3. After weeks of being on back order, I finally received my 100 watt halogen driving lights that will fit into the front chin spoiler openings and hope to have them installed soon. I've been sanding on the rear spoiler and have all the missing mounting hardware rounded up after two trips to the hardware store. I'll try to post a couple pics of both the front and rear spoiler projects later this evening. Making progress, slow but sure.

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2002 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post

batboy

4943 posts
Member since Jun 99
Well, the sanding, repair work, and replacing the stripped out rear spoiler mounting studs are taking longer than I thought. But, I finished installing the driving lights. I love 'em! What do ya think?

[This message has been edited by batboy (edited 08-30-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Wow,..you been busy
Looks great

Tina
BTW Ever give the idea of changing the amber lights in front to clears, a thought or two?

[This message has been edited by Tina (edited 08-31-2002).]

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Yes Tina, I've seriously thought about doing the clear lens thing. I've found amber bulbs needed to do this, but I'm clueless on what to use for a lens. I'll either have to scounge the boneyards and hope to find something that will fit or modify an existing clear lens. Do you have any ideas?

For those others reading this, Tina has been generously helping me by offering various suggestions on mods. She is my official consultant. Another suggestion she made that I plan to utilize is to remove the front fascia emblem and have the body shop fill the hole prior to painting. This should clean up the front end for a smoother look.

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batboy:
Do you have any ideas?

See if you can sqweeze the info out of Jai Sun,I know he has them, Slammed87GT, I believe does do.
I know Jai Sun told me once,....I wanna say
older model Caddy...but...

I know there out there in some junkjard, almost a direct fit too.

Tina

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I know most don't care about my Dodge Shadow rear spoiler project, but for those few that do, here is how it looks fully mounted onto my newly purchased rear deck lid. I decided to leave it off the car for now until I get my hood scoop, because I'd just have to pull it off again to mount the scoop anyway. A couple of the mounting studs in the center back go into a blind support channel, so I didn't bother bolting them down. Seems very solid even without those tightened down. One of the stripped studs pulled back out, so I had to redo the epoxy job. It's holding quite nicely the second time around. I installed rubber o-rings onto the studs before I installed the spoiler. That should prevent any future leaks around the mounting holes in the deck lid.

[This message has been edited by batboy (edited 08-31-2002).]

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
Since it's the batmoblie, Paint it jet black I think it would look cool.

------------------

Rave UN2 The Joy Fantastic

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Looking good.... I actually like the spoiler.
Red86SEautox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red86SEautoxClick Here to visit Red86SEautox's HomePageSend a Private Message to Red86SEautoxDirect Link to This Post
I like the spoiler and the black idea...
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
That spoiler looks good!

Rob D.

------------------

Modified 2.8 (Soon to be a 383 V8 )
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
New web site! www.dirtyratracing.org

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2002 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Forget the black, I had one black Fiero once and long time ago I had a black truck. Never could keeps them clean and they show every little scratch. I live near a gravel road. I would wash the car one day and the next day the dust looked like guano.
SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2002 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tina:
Slammed87GT, I believe does do.
I know Jai Sun told me once,....I wanna say
older model Caddy...but...

Tina

Tina- What good memory you have! Yes I do have clear parking lights in the front. They are back up lights from an early '80s caddy. I shined mine up real pretty and I have super white bulbs in them. Sure you could use amber bulbs, but I am going for the "rice" look.

------------------
'87GT 3" Drop, 17" Primax 618s/Nitto450 205/40, 4" Monza exhaust, flowmaster/no cat, "Mr.Shift" kit, custom intake, mudstain decklid scoop, FOCOA 7" wing stands & front spoiler, clear front and rear lights, custom interior, purple neons, Weapon R accessories, all optioned.
'91 Beretta GT: Gets through the winters.

fieros only

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock