95% done with pics by RadRuss
Started on: 08-20-2002 11:15 AM
Replies: 32
Last post by: The Aura on 08-24-2002 10:27 PM
RadRuss

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
ok all that needs left is the rest of the kandy paint. it is getting 5 more coats 2nite. but i took some pic and this is what it is looking like. let me know all opinions. i will not get angry if u call me a ricer.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
I like it. Very clever idea with the side vents. What are the rocker panels from?

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 Supercharged
White 88 GT T-Top Stock
White 88 GT Stock

connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
How'd you do that to your lights?
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Not bad, I like it.

When I got to the light shot, I had to look twice & say "what the ?"

That's pretty neat.

What about the front end ? Is that stock ?

Good luck with the project. Hope you post some when finished !

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i like it all, but like my own, it needs something done with the lower rear facia for a more complete look.

consider at least a switch to a gt rear facia.

[This message has been edited by Philphine (edited 08-20-2002).]

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I love the paint... looks great! I can't wait to see some finished pics. You're going to have a very unique Fiero (which I think is what most people strive for).

The rocker looks sweet... as do the 1/4 scoops. The taillights- it's a bit hard to tell from these pics, but so far they look pretty good. I'm just not entirely sure they fit the lines of the car. But I certainly commend you for the work you've done on them! Keep it up, and keep us posted!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

dosed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dosedClick Here to visit dosed's HomePageSend a Private Message to dosedDirect Link to This Post
I'll add my praises. I love the rockers, the side scoop looks cool as well; what else is happening to it? I might have to agree with MinnGreenGT about the taillights, they are definitely cool, but almost look to "modern" compared to the rest of the car (or something..). Regardless, very nice work.

My only suggestions: Follow through with the lines of the rocker panels back to the rear fascia; and get that thing lowered!

- dosed

Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post
I enjoy seeing new mods that people come up with. RadRuss, the extra Fiero side scoop on the left side is a neat idea - I've never seen that before.

The other day, someone posted a pic where a guy attached the upper portion of the front fenders to the hood such that when the hood was raised, the fenders went up with them... Another neat original idea...

kv

------------------

[This message has been edited by Kelvin Vivian (edited 08-20-2002).]

fotofrank

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankDirect Link to This Post
Tell me about the tail lights. What did you use?

------------------

HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
I cant see a thing?
PIP trouble or is it just me?
RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
ok the rockers are off a honda civic aftermarket m3 side skirts. the front bumper is not stock many others on the forum have the same bumper, and i am planning to change the back end of the car to something else. it will be for something off an import aftermarket. the taillights are from a toyota supra.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to see those rockers with a GT rear fascia, and a stock 87-88 coupe front fascia.

Nice job!

------------------
Raydar

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

fieroman84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman84Send a Private Message to fieroman84Direct Link to This Post
How about a pic of the front bumper!
RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroman84:
How about a pic of the front bumper!

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
WOW!!!! It looks so nice and clean. Good job Russ.

------------------

Rave UN2 The Joy Fantastic

[This message has been edited by Tabs31 (edited 08-20-2002).]

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Great Job Russ... Keep up the good work!

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com www.CFOG-I.org

lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2002 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
Everything looks great RADRUSS. Another truly unique Fiero. Only thing i would do is paint the side moldings red. Since theres no black moldings on the nose they kinda stand out really bad.

------------------
Earl Sessions
1985 Fiero w/ 1998 Supercharged 3.8 V-6
Best ET: 13.125 @ 102.06 mph

RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
i am planning to shave off the moldings and door handels when i change the back bumper.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Are you planning on adding a rear wing of any type? Just curious...
Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RadRuss:
i am planning to shave off the moldings and door handels when i change the back bumper.

I was going to suggest to paint them too but that'll work! Nice job with the mods!

RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Are you planning on adding a rear wing of any type? Just curious...

yes i am but i dont wont anything to gawdy, i will go with an aftermarket wing but prob something with a single deck. a wing can make or break a car so it is very critical desicion.

PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

yes i am but i dont wont anything to gawdy, i will go with an aftermarket wing but prob something with a single deck. a wing can make or break a car so it is very critical desicion.

Good! I was hoping you were going to say that. A stock Fiero wing just wouldn't suit it very well, but I a mild/reasonable single deck wing would fit quite nicely. Keep up the good work!

Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
WOW
Exactly what color of paint are you using? That looks fantastic!
Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
I love virtually all of it. The verdict is still out on the taillights but all else looks clean and unique. Good job!

------------------

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking car. What is going in on the side vents? The stock grates? As for wing, With the front end and such you may want to think about the wrap-around spoiler. As others have said the stock wing won't do much with the way you have the body set-up. (appearence wise) To keep it sleek looking, I would say the wrap around or possibly a different wing but don't raise it up too high.
The color looks great.

Looking more at the tail lights, I am thinking the wrap around spoiler. The lights tend to give the body a wider appearence.

I would see if someone could photoshop on on to see how it looks. The great thing about images on the computer, you can mod them and see what they look like before actually spending money and doing it.

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 08-21-2002).]

RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2002 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
to answer some of the questions, the paint is kandy apple red, from house of kolor. and about the side vents i would use the stock grates but it seems when i do not enough air gets into the cold air intake i put in. so i may take them out and put mesh there instead.
Red86SEautox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2002 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red86SEautoxClick Here to visit Red86SEautox's HomePageSend a Private Message to Red86SEautoxDirect Link to This Post
Very nice! I love that color...I think a stock wing with taller stands would look great on it.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2002 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
for a while rockcrawl was making some smallish side scoops that fit just over the intake. if he still had a couple of drivers side ones that might work and look good.

the car was back in a corner so the angle's not very good. i got a pair back when he first started making them. might be worth looking into.

[This message has been edited by Philphine (edited 08-23-2002).]

gargoyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2002 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gargoyleSend a Private Message to gargoyleDirect Link to This Post
I like it!!! How about doing the same thing with the vents on the other side. Personally I think a whale tail would look very nice

------------------

gargoyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2002 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gargoyleSend a Private Message to gargoyleDirect Link to This Post
I just thought that all his hard work deserved a bump so it would get noticed
RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2002 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
i get my car back 2morrow. all done and paint done. my next project is to change the heater core and cut the cat out. my winter project 4 sure is to get rid of the black moldings. they do stand out on the car.
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2002 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
So far its looking great Russ! You already know it, but that rear fascia needs some help. Having the rocker moldings makes the height difference really stand out. Otherwise, the car looks spectacular!
The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2002 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post

i get my car back 2morrow. all done and paint done. my next project is to change the heater core and cut the cat out. my winter project 4 sure is to get rid of the black moldings. they do stand out on the car.

but you just got it painted?????

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock