Started on: 06-02-2002 05:52 PM
Replies: 49
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 08-26-2002 05:32 PM
Standard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2002 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Just got back.. tired, very sunburnt and ready to go to bed. Had a great time at the Dells, can't wait to go back.

Open wide!

Jimmy's V8 and his new rims.

Rob's hood and side scoops. Very sweet.

to be continued..

------------------

1988 Quad 4 Coupe 5 speed
More pics of the coupe
1986 GT 5 speed, 1984 SC Auto
AOL: LastMinuteBastrd AIM: SavedbyJebus

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Standard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2002 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post

waiting in line to get the pictures taken.. thank god my radiator fan works..

I got parked next to the stinger for the show..

I coulda swore I parked in a different spot last night...

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2002 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
Great Meeting you this weekend Standard!!

The Dells this year was the best yet!!!

Just got back too and both of us are very tired, slightly hung over, and have a natural red glow to our complection.

------------------
Fred Bartemeyer
Chairman Heartland Fieros
86 GT 4spd 26k miles
87 GT 5spd. Blue 37k miles
88 Silver T-Top Formula 256k miles
87 GT 5 spd Annette's Sunshine Driver

Kaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2002 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KazSend a Private Message to KazDirect Link to This Post
I just got back from the dells.
I had a great time.
Thanks guys
Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2002 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
Any more of that white gt with the big air dam? That looks awesome.

------------------

scrotum_pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2002 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrotum_patSend a Private Message to scrotum_patDirect Link to This Post
7 cars in on the first pic is my baby. white one with the bra. Great meeting everyone, Standard, the northstar guy, fierochic88, kissmyssfiero. Sorry if I forgot anyone, had a great time. some heavy competition at the show.
The white one with the big airdam, had a fuel injected 350, very nice car. there was also a yellow formula with some huge rice turbo muffler. Dont know about that one. But hey, every man for his own.

[This message has been edited by scrotum_pat (edited 06-02-2002).]

86 gt fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2002 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 gt fastbackSend a Private Message to 86 gt fastbackDirect Link to This Post

i really like those where to get and how hard are they to get done?

hans

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2002 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
Thankz for the pics!

------------------

Love That Fiero!!!

Lady Pegasus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2002 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady PegasusSend a Private Message to Lady PegasusDirect Link to This Post
I had so much fun this weekend. Thanks you guys. It was so nice to put faces to the names. Slammed, MINI-GOLF!! Haahaa. Chilling at the bar was great (even though you guys laughed at me....alot....sob). Post that pic of you and the "little woman" when it comes out so I can see my MAD photography skills!! Congrats to all the winners and thanks for making this such an AWESOME weekend. Looking forward to seeing all of you again next year, and hopefully MORE will make it....

------------------

JUST BRING IT!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2002 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so what's this?!?!?

Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2002 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post
I had a blast this year! It was great to see so many old friends and to make new friends.

I would like to thank Heartland Fieros and Archie for setting up the go-karting and to everyone else that helped put together a night of fun!

Also like to thank the Prezz, FieroJohn and all else involved in putting on a wonderful show. I have always had a great time!

BTW, MinnGreenGT and Fierochic88 I made it home just fine. Car is running awesome, thanks for the added "excitement" at the go-kart track!

Jim
87 GT T-TOP V8
87 GT

PFF
System Bot
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2002 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIDirect Link to This Post
Thank You to all that attended Dells Run 2002 and I'm glad that you have all made it home safe and sound. Going to sleep now (OK PASS OUT)till tomorrow!
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2002 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
Ok, so what's this?!?!?

You should know...they're your ANGELS!!!

------------------

Mike Kroyer
N.I.F.E. Activity Director '02

[This message has been edited by 87 Pegasus (edited 06-02-2002).]

Lady Pegasus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2002 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady PegasusSend a Private Message to Lady PegasusDirect Link to This Post
NO, I don't do ANYTHING for attention. Shy little old me? NEVER!!! Heehee. Thanks Arch. Was wondering WHO would be the first to post that!!
86seyellow

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2002 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowDirect Link to This Post
Hey Standard, Your car looks so great, you really worked your A$$ off to get it that way. I hope you made it home ok and can get the prob fixed that you had the other night.

Glad to see you again, Cant wiat to do another PFF get together in the cities..

------------------

All Stock plus goodies
Coulee Region Fieros - http://couleefieros.tripod.com

Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2002 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzDirect Link to This Post
Had a great time meeting folks and putting faces to names. This was my first big Fiero show in over 7 years and I forgot how much fun they were.

Looking forward to the Michigan show and actually being able to take my Fiero...

Hartz

------------------
'84 SC 5.7L V8
'85 SE 3.1L V6 Turbo
Hartz's Toys

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
Great to meet some of you guys!

Congrats on the trophy, Standard.

Also all the other members that took a trophy; 86seyellow, Tina, Minngreen, Little Miss, Kaz and Archie, I remember off the top of my head. I know there were several more... Congrats to ALL!!!

[This message has been edited by DRH (edited 06-03-2002).]

jch82

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jch82Send a Private Message to jch82Direct Link to This Post

Here is a very small amount of pictures I took at the Dells. Hopefully I will have them all up on my webpage soon. I'll get a link posted when that I get around to uploading them all. I have to use my friends cable modem because the dial up takes forever!

I had an awesome time at the Dells! Other than meeting many people from the forum, I would have to say that riding through town in Archie's Stinger was the best! I am definitely going v8 after riding in that one!

If anyone wants higher quality pics, just let me know and I can email them. Otherwise they will also be on my webpage after I upload them all.

Josh

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of which, here's a pic of Josh riding in the stinger. I tryed to lean down and get his face in it but couldn't snap it
fast enough before they got by me. He is in there though.

------------------
Dave Gunsul
Activities Director
Northern IL. Fiero Enthusiasts
86 GT modified
85 SE daily driver

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Wow! That 6th pic in jch82 post is the best Fiero show field picture I have ever seen. Very nice

------------------
Alex4mulas :-)
N2O! 3.4!

Roy Grooms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Roy GroomsSend a Private Message to Roy GroomsDirect Link to This Post
I know what you mean about the fan! I waited so long to get parked even with the fan my fiero over heated.
but I had fun!

Roystoy
2m4 84

PFF
System Bot
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, made it home OK and had a great weekend, nice meeting all the new folks.

I took 194 pics this weekend, (thank god for digital cameras or I'd be broke developing them all).

I will post some of the best here in a day or so, and yes Jennifer, I will be nice.

------------------
Me & Mrs. Fierohoho

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Well- I too got back last night... mostly in good order (more info to come). But too tired to dig through/rescale and post pics- heck too tired to even turn on the PC!

Anway- the show was awsome (big thanks to FiroJohn & The Prezzz for another great time). And the weather couldn't have been much better for a show!

We (my wife & I) arrived Friday evening around 5:30pm. We had a bit of a delay along the way- the slowest Burger King I've ever been to... and a minor run-in with a nice Wisconsin Highway Patrolman on I-90 just east of LaCrosse. My wife & I were traveling together (I in my Fiero and her in our Bravada) with radios. She mentioned that "some guy" in a green 4-door sedan wanted to pass... so I moved over just as he pulled in behind me. And as I was saying over the radio "he looks a bit suspicious" the unmarked squad flipped on his lights and pulled me over. My wife pulled in behind him (which is probably what saved my butt). He gave both of us warnings for speeding (he clocked us at 76 in a 65... I had my cruise set at 80). But he also gave me a "fix-it" ticket for my excessively-loud-non-stock exhaust system. I don't mind the fix-it (it's been taken care of), and I was just thankful for the speed warnings. I basically figured out that he was mostly just ticked that we didn't move out of the way when he came speeding behind us!

So here are some pics (of my 50+):

Jimmy's (nearly finished) work in progress V8 GT (beauty isn't it?)

My work-in-progress GT on display. The hood vent is from Rockcrawl, the deck scoop & roof scoop are from Fibersmith, the side scoops are Aus's Stage2, and there is the beginning of a skitime-style airdam under the front end!

FieroChic88's Sweet Blue 85GT- It was such a blast to get to finally meet and hang out with you! Hope you made it home OK!

(one of) Chris Moore's sweet NorthStar Fieros

A long shot of the (44 car?) Custom Class

The view from the 5th floor of Chula Vista

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

MinnGreenGT

11545 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Kaz's sweet V8 GT... which he took me for a ride in- gosh... I need a V8!

And a final shot of the GreenGT on the way home... pulled off the highway to check an engine code! I've been getting a Code 32 (EGR system) on & off for at least a year now, but yesterday I ended up with a Code 21 (Throttle Position Sensor) and a nasty idle- doh! Jen- were you messing with my car?

originally posted by Jimmy:
BTW, MinnGreenGT and Fierochic88 I made it home just fine. Car is running awesome, thanks for the added "excitement" at the go-kart track!

Now for the story (since Jen isn't back yet to defend herself )

We were all hanging out a the go-kart track on Saturday night (about 11-11:30pm). And I asked Jimmy to take me for a ride in his V8 (since he was voluntarily taking people out and letting us drive it). So he took it for a pass back & forth down the road- then let me. It was a rush- man I love a V8! So I pull in to park the car, and Jen (FieroChic88) runs up because she really wants to drive it too! So Jimmy agrees (seeing as she is well-versed with a manual tranny)- and as they're slowing pulling towards the lot exit, there is a pop sound. Suddenly the car's temp skyrockets and is now flowing a small pool of coolant. (see... Jen broke it ) So with a crowd gathered 'round, the coolant system was checked (and a new leak in the overflow tank found) and filled with the help of FieroChic88, Standard, Dslice (whose foot we nearly pushed the car over), JaeiSun, and others in the surrounding crowd.

I believe that Jen has some pics of this "event" that will soon show up here on the forum (I can hardly wait).

In any case, Jen eventually got to ride & drive a V8 car... and Jimmy has arrived back home safely!

Again... thanks everyone for making it such a great weekend! Hope to see everyone again soon.

BTW: If anyone is looking for higher-resolution pics (at least of the ones posted) I've got 'em on my Hard Drive at 2.1MP

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 06-03-2002).]

Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:

I will post some of the best here in a day or so, and yes Jennifer, I will be nice.

Do we really need to be nice to Jen? I mean she did break my car! LOL Jen had been asking to drive my car all weekend and I was letting everyone drive who asked (Jsocha I owe you a drive!) so I had to let her try but she only made it to the end of the parking lot.

Honestly, it was my fault as I know of a very small coolant leak that slowly lets air into the system over a 1000 miles or so. I forgot to check the level before going to the Dells. My system had a decent size air bubble in the line and the rest is history. Just a quick scare for me at the go-kart track. Car is working perfectly thanks to everyone, couldn't have asked for a better time to have a problem. It was awesome how everyone (Standard had the tools!) was being overly helpful, wish I had a pick of Jen laying under the front of my bumper looking for the leak it was priceless! LOL Everyone had that wonderful smell of antifreeze all over them. Thanks again to everyone who helped out. It ended up being a good time when all was said and done.

Jim

Standard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
well, figured out what was wrong with the quad..

this little bugger! Fuel Pressure Regulator, not the coils (sorry Fred!). Went to the dealer and asked for a coil pack, but they only had one in stock.. so I described the problems I was having and the guy says 'Go and pull the vacuum line off the top of your FPR..' Sure enough, pull it off and fuel comes out all over the place. Ruptured diaphragm, fuel was being pulled in through the vacuum line. Which would explain why the ECM was leaning out the mixture, and why it would smell really rich on startup. Now to go out and replace the little bugger...

I'd like to thank everyone for the great time! Too many fun things to even list..

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Mike- glad to hear that you're getting the quad back in working order!

I need to either clean (if that's really possible) or replace my Throttle Position Sensor... not even driving the car today- idles at 1500 on startup, and has actually stalled when shifting into drive! Doh!

Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Well- I too got back last night... mostly in good order (more info to come).

Were you hinting about your TPS or something else? Jaei Sun saw you guys fly by when we pulled off into Tomah.

Jim

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Standard:
well, figured out what was wrong with the quad..

good to hear man, knew it wouldn't be long as fast as you had that scan tool plugged in.

was good to meet ya at the show, one hell of a nice car ya got there, glad I got to appreciate it in person.

------------------

northstar87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northstar87Send a Private Message to northstar87Direct Link to This Post
Hey Standard,
I wonder if your go cart had the same problem? HA!! I will get you again next year!! Nice to meet you and had a great time. Quad 4's rule!!

Chris Moore

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
all the cars look great,wish we could have made it too the dell's but we ran out of vacation time.

------------------

Best of class-HMN- Carlisle 2002

PFF
System Bot
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Jim,

Sometime, don't know when, may have to make a special trip down to Bloomington to drive your V8.

I'll let you drive the PRE10DR so you can remember what it may have been like to have a V6.

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Standard:
[B]well,
Fuel Pressure Regulator, not the coils (sorry Fred!).

------------------
Fred Bartemeyer
86 GT 4spd 26k miles

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Standard:
[B]

this little bugger! Fuel Pressure Regulator, not the coils (sorry Fred!). Sure enough, pull it off and fuel comes out all over the place. Ruptured diaphragm, fuel was being pulled in through the vacuum line. Which would explain why the ECM was leaning out the mixture, and why it would smell really rich on startup. Standard, I am glad you found your problem. The FPR"s that I have encountered blew a thick black cloud of smoke and would stall at idle. Your FPR diaghram must have felt like being nice to you and get you home.

------------------
Fred Bartemeyer
86 GT 4spd 26k miles

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Standard:

Open wide!

I love that look... Oh, btw..
This wide-mouth is how I did mine too(the new one from Jake and PFF)...

------------------

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

4.9L V/8....In Progress!!

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Smoooooth GT

8823 posts
Member since Jun 2001
[This was edited due to a double post fairy. (edited 06-04-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 06-04-2002).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jimmy:
Were you hinting about your TPS or something else? Jaei Sun saw you guys fly by when we pulled off into Tomah.

Jim- just hinting about the TPS. Hmmm- does your parts car happen to still have the TPS on it?

He spotted us? Darn, if I had seen you- I'd have probably stopped to at least say "hi".

Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post
Minngreen I may be selling the car to a local member so I don't want to strip any parts off of it yet.

BTW, my carbed V8 got 228 miles with almost a gallon to spare! Thats about 21 MPG with a crappy edelbrock that runs rich. Too bad I only averag about 14 MPG around the city.

Jim
87 GT T-TOP V8
87 GT

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Minngreen I may be selling the car to a local member so I don't want to strip any parts off of it yet.

BTW, my carbed V8 got 228 miles with almost a gallon to spare! Thats about 21 MPG with a crappy edelbrock that runs rich. Too bad I only averag about 14 MPG around the city.

Oh well... guess I'll just have to check with the local dealer- can't be that expensive!

That's great mileage... my 3.1L V6 does only slightly better than that (16-18 city/25-30 hwy depending on speed- faster=better mileage)

Hmmm... I wonder where FieroChic88 is? I expected her to be here with a story of some sort!

JD86GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JD86GT350Send a Private Message to JD86GT350Direct Link to This Post

I got 20, but I usually still get 16-18 around town too, guess I need to stomp on it some more!

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock