Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Tina - tell us about that front bumper mod!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Tina - tell us about that front bumper mod! by Cheever3000
Started on: 07-15-2002 08:05 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: artherd on 07-16-2002 08:40 PM
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I saw this pic in the MOA topic, and although I don't have the early style body, I sure like what you did.

Tell us more about it! Got any quarter-angle pics, like with the hood down?

Thumbs up! You're giving skitime some serious competition for quality custom creativity!!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Photos here....

She told me how it was done, but will let her tell you... These are the photos I took on Sunday (July 14th) at the local park, and her driveway.

All I will say is, it is NOT fiberglass, and it cost a LOT of money.

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
There was a guy at the Auburn show last weekend with a similar set-up.

------------------

ClassicFiero.com

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
How much you wanna bet his is Fiberglass and will crack if he hits anything?

Tina's is the same material all the way through... The pocket and all is actually flexible and it is a solid unit. No seams, no bonding materials except what was used.

The Aura

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:
How much you wanna bet his is Fiberglass and will crack if he hits anything?

Tina's is the same material all the way through... The pocket and all is actually flexible and it is a solid unit. No seams, no bonding materials except what was used.

DONE RIGHT AND IT SHOWS

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Well, Tina has not shown up yet to explain this one, and I am headed offline... She told me about it, but did not give me fine details. The pockets are from another fascia, she took the entire nose to a guy in the Cities who does custom molding on motorcycles and stuff. He used the flexible bumper bonding material to mold the pockets into place, then smoothed em out... Technically, it is one piece because the bonding agent IS the same stuff as the fascia.

She spent just under $1,000 US to have it done, and it looks factory.
She followed me over to the Perkins in St Paul where we ate, and I could have sworn I had a Vette behind me with the rumble and the way the lights looked. Very sharp car, and it looks OEM.

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
VERY NICE Tina!!!!

------------------
Under Construction.... Still!!

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

People from Texas that plan on going to the 20th Anniv. Show in Pontiac, Michigan July 17th-20th 2003 email me to coordinate the Texas Convoy up there at
"TexasFieroTrainToPontiacMichigan@yahoo.com"

lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
Kinda looks like mine. I wondered how this mod would look on the earlier coupes. Looks way COOL in my opinion. Good Job! See... the 84-86 coupes can look good.

------------------
Earl Sessions
1985 Fiero w/ 1998 Supercharged 3.8 V-6
Best ET: 13.125 @ 102.06 mph

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

She spent just under $1,000 US to have it done, and it looks factory.

OMG....
Why SO much???

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2002 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Probably to have it done PROPERLY so it flexes and is smooth.....

Coulda done it in fiberglass for 20 bucks, but with it done properly this way, it will last forever.

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2002 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Well what else can I add
Synthesis pretty much explained it all.

Always wanted driving lights,and that was about the only way I was going to be able to bolt aa set on my beloved "boat nose" and make it look good.

Too much $$$ perhaps?
Worth it to me? Absolutley
(Even though I had to take cover a few times when I visited the guy to see the progress ..
just in case he was going to fling the fascia my way )

Tina

BTW I am a bit surprised that almost nobody noticed it at the Dells though.

PFF
System Bot
Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2002 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Tina

2858 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Still would like to reverse the lights, but don't think the local law enforcement would be too happy.

Ahhh we will see, time to go to bed.
Been a long day,wasn't going to work on little silver at all today, BUT silver had other plans.
Insisted on a total of 3 gallons of anti freeze, a gallon or two of distilled water and a hose clamp.
Wouldn'd of been too bad if it would of happened in town, but no this thing decides to throw a fit in the middle of nowhere.
Thank god for the 2 sheriffs driving me to the gas station, and patiently watching the Fiero coolant filling ritual.
Only to drive me there again for a much needed hose clamp.

[This message has been edited by Tina (edited 07-16-2002).]

Tcat55371

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2002 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tcat55371Send a Private Message to Tcat55371Direct Link to This Post
Tina, Saturday night you and acouple people were talking about heading to the Rock in August. What day were you thinking? I'm thinking about finding a trailer and heading out if I can.
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2002 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Tina is my hero. I worship both her and that car. She has a great vision on how a V8 Fiero should be built. She also saved me from buying unworthy wheels for my Batmobile. Just one question though. How come most of the pics shows a hood scoop, but a couple don't?

I opted for a cheaper easier way out. Since I wanted both driving lights and a chin spoiler, I combined them. I'm hoping the front air dam will be functional for both cooling and helping keep the front end firmly planted at high speed. Plus, it's a good place for auxilary lights (which aren't installed yet).

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2002 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
All of the pics show the functional hood vent, just that the paint was so shiny, and cause it is silver and the sun was so bright, it is difficult to see. This car is FLAWLESS (Aside from the fact that she did not have the Nitrous bottle installed yet LOL)

As stated earlier, Tina is a person who knows what the fiero could have been, and chose to make it. She has set a standard in this car that is going to be hard for anyone to match, except of course Archie, and even then, I wonder if even he can come close to this beauty. (I have yet to see one of his in person.)
Tina, I was so excited to meet you and see your car. It was an honor, a priviledge, and I just want to say that you have set a goal for me. The fit and finish of your vehicle is amazing. The quality of the work is better than OE. That is one amazing car, and you and Eric are two amazing people for dedicating your time and resources to the completion of the car.

I hope you will not take it wrong if, whenever I see you, I drop to the ground and start worshipping you and your car...

FieroGal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2002 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGalSend a Private Message to FieroGalDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tcat55371:
Tina, Saturday night you and acouple people were talking about heading to the Rock in August. What day were you thinking? I'm thinking about finding a trailer and heading out if I can.

I'm thinking that they were talking about going to Rockfalls on Aug. 3rd (saturday), that's what we've got planned with our local club. here's the thread that'll give some more details on our race weekend. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/019251.html
Everyone's welcome to join us!

Tcat55371

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2002 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tcat55371Send a Private Message to Tcat55371Direct Link to This Post
Hey thanks, I will see if I can make it...
Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2002 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

I hope you will not take it wrong if, whenever I see you, I drop to the ground and start worshipping you and your car...

Oh while you down there,...hang on let me grab the chrome polish... j/k

Actually I think you got me to blush, doesn't happen too often.

Thanks for that huge compliment, much appriciated.
Butman you gotta snap out of it, pull yourself together, it just ain't healthy, next thing we know your gonna turn into one of those Fiero Stalkers, walking up to unsuspecting Fiero's armed with the digicam and a mountain of extra floppys........I could go on .....

Tina
BTW Aug 3th
I would love too, problem is the engine doesn't have enough miles on it yet, for me to really start beating on it,that and I have a hunch that I will be replacing some kind of drivetrain part when I do.
Let's hope I get some miles on it and a sufficent level of $$$ in the checking account to fund the "Cali Kid set up" by then.

artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2002 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Tina, your car just keeps getting better and better ;D)

I can't wait to see it with my own eyes one of these days.

Nicely done.

Best!
Ben

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock