Started on: 06-09-2002 10:53 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Nashco on 06-10-2002 12:47 PM
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2002 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Well, I don't show off my projects too often, and I'm feeling especially enthusiastic today...

I put my new sub and amp in today. I haven't covered the sub box yet, as I am going to do a custom console later on. Here's where I'm at so far:

Alpine 10" dual voice coil (500W capable), my own box made from 3/4" MDF, and relocated ECM. I was very impressed with this speaker for the cost! The box took a while to get just right; I made a cardboard box for several different designs until I got it big enough without hitting my shoulder and with the proper angles. The box is small (.5 ft if you account for the sub), but it works. It's angled to be parallel with the firewall and the shelf under the window...so when I make my console it will look like it was supposed to be there.

Here's a picture of the box/shelf angle comparison

MTX 350W @ 2 Ohm. This amp wasn't the cheapest, but it is very small! I liked that the most, along with it's advertised 2 ohm stability.

All LED brake lights! The LED is from a Cadillac; I made a fiberglass housing with lucite face for it. This LED is shaped almost *exactly* like our roof, and really looks like they used the same shape for our roof and the caddy trunk! I am still using "prototype" brackets, to make sure they will hold up. I've got about a thousand miles on them so far, and they're holding up good. I'll be making a looong drive (about 7000 miles round trip) in the next month, so after that I'll be sure they will work. I've already weather tested it, and a VERY bad 'bama storm/downpour didn't affect the light.

Once I've got the light finished, I plan on posting a "how to" on the forum of all the steps I took and the parts I used to do it. I really think it looks like it belongs on the Fiero!

Finally, a full shot of my car today, for those interested.

Special thanks go out to Cliff for the forum, MinnGreenGT for the how-to on the LED taillights, Skitime for making me re-think the placement of the brake light, and Sqoach for unintentionally causing me to get some good stereo components.

Next projects...3.4, self-made side scoops, self-made console, custom LED side-markers, and the list goes on. Thanks for letting me share!

Bryce
88 GT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroJames

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2002 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJamesSend a Private Message to FieroJamesDirect Link to This Post
AWESOME JOB!!!
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2002 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Bryce,
Look's good... Keep posting pic's of the covered finished project!!

btw, In the "full shot" Which Car did you put the sub into>?? The Fiero OR the Trooper's Car??

------------------
"AKA.. Kiwi Strawberry Man Smoothy"

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

4.9L V/8....In Progress!!

Nashco

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2002 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
You'll notice that the trooper is in all the pics. I park next to him everyday...it has it's benefits. No worrying about somebody smacking their door into mine, and somewhat of a security-blanket for me. I doubt many people have the balls to break into a car right next to a trooper's car!

Bryce
88 GT

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2002 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post

Nice equipment. Was it necessary to move the computer, or did you move it just to be on the safe side?
I especially like your third brake light. That is really cool.

------------------
-Adam
sqoach@yahoo.com

86 SE V6 - daily driver

Nashco

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2002 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sqoach:
Was it necessary to move the computer, or did you move it just to be on the safe side?

As you can see in the picture, the sub box goes all the way to the firewall (actually, as close as I can get it by squishing the wiring harness..about a half inch off). I moved the ecm so I could have the box big enough for the speaker, but still have good shoulder space.

When I make the new console, the arm rest will be a couple inches higher, which is preferred. It will allow a cup holder or two, and will make a better arm rest for me while driving.

Oh, by the way...all there is to relocating the ecm is to unscrew the holder and you have about 16 inches of wire you can work with.

Bryce
88 GT

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock