Pics of my 6.6 liter 86 SE by Jim_Sprang
Started on: 04-26-2002 09:12 PM
Replies: 27
Last post by: Jim_Sprang on 04-28-2002 12:59 PM
Jim_Sprang

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_SprangSend a Private Message to Jim_SprangDirect Link to This Post
I broke down and got a digital camera. Here is my 86 SE I have have a v-8 in it since 95. The current motor is a SBC 400 with .030 over wisco pistons, 6 inch world products rods, steel internal balance crank, Dart heads, Extrem energy 274 cam rollor rockers, Hand built tunnel ram intake with racetech ECU. Sanderson headers, stainless mufflers and pipes. 17 in wheels rear coilovers. I didn't like the waterpump thru the fender idea, so I used a marine waterpumpwith a manifold you can see it under teh alt. It has been togther for 7 years with no cooling problems. I had a custom center force clutch built to hold the torque. I also built a serpintine belt set up to keep the belt on at hi rpm.

I could not keep the rear suspension together with the 86 setup so i installed 88 front and rear.

------------------
86 SE, 88 front and rear suspension, 6.6 Liter EFI SBC, RaceTech ECU,Subframe Connectors, Poly Bushings,17X8 MHTs with 235 45 17 front, 245 45 rears, Lots more!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FastPlastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastPlasticSend a Private Message to FastPlasticDirect Link to This Post
That looks good. Nice job.
Mattyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MattymanSend a Private Message to MattymanDirect Link to This Post
That is one sweet Fiero. Before I had a Fiero I always wanted a GT but since I got my notchback they have grown on me alot and I think they look great in yellow. Your car looks great and its even greater that you have all that performance to go with it. Good job. What's that thing run in the quarter?

------------------

You gotta stand for Something or your gonna fall for everything.

Do one thing a day that scares you.

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
WOW, what did you use for a water pump?, thats the niftiest location I have seen yet!!

Sweet car!

------------------

gargoyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gargoyleSend a Private Message to gargoyleDirect Link to This Post
Very nice Fiero. The stripes are very well done. Of the engine is killer and it looks like a sleeper which I'm sure surprises a few.
88CoupeV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88CoupeV6Click Here to visit 88CoupeV6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88CoupeV6Direct Link to This Post
Wow, that looks sweet. Love the stripes.

------------------
Josh Pics of my cars

Join New England Fiero Association

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
* Gulp! *
jubjub2m6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2002 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jubjub2m6Click Here to visit jubjub2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to jubjub2m6Direct Link to This Post
killer 8 for a plates..omg no kidding your right..

------------------

86SE Gold 4spd Modified
VROOOOOOM!!

88formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88formulaClick Here to visit 88formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88formulaDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking notchback!

It looks awesome!

------------------

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Great Car!! Please, more info on the Water Pump setup!
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2002 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
6.6!

------------------
-KC

1988 Formula, 5spd, 3.4 75 NX
LoW Key's Red Bullet

PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Very nice, great to see some creativity regarding the accessory drives. I'm sure your going to get a lot of questions.
artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Woah, schnikies!

Looks like I'm going to have some competition in the Ultimate Notchback contest :P)

What's your bore/stroke? How do you like the setup? Suspension details?

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

Sootah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
I think I just swallowed my tounge!

------------------

The Black Beauty (85 GT) - Bustedato (86 SE, Parts car)
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things

AOL IM: KSSouter
MSN IM: I_R_Sootah@hotmail.com

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jubjub2m6:
killer 8 for a plates..omg no kidding your right..

I think it says "Killer B" and not 8. You know, killer BEE because of the yellow with black stripes.

------------------
1986 Fiero 2M4 MODIFIED

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Nice.. NICE!!!

------------------

www.thefibersmith.com Technical Support (903) 825-7744
"Smoooooth GTS"

Euro Rear taillight's, Shaved door handles, sidetrim, Custom-Double-side scoop's, sail scoop's, Custom 'VENTED' hood, Decklid scoop, Z~3 vent's, Custom RE-designed Fender's, Custom Made-Front and Rear Fascia's...

"Ohh my, Where are the door handle's..??"

Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car. Simply beautiful. Very clean install. Lovely.

Hartz

------------------
'84 SC 5.7L V8
'85 SE 3.1L V6 Turbo
Hartz's Toys

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
Great looking fiero!

------------------

Love That Fiero!!!

Jim_Sprang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_SprangSend a Private Message to Jim_SprangDirect Link to This Post
The water pump is a raw water pump from a merc marine application with the "bravo" drive set up. They are a little pricey but both the inlet and out put come out the back so it is a pretty easy install for plumbing. For the serpentine drive set up I used a 6" balancer and had a machine shop turn in the grooves, works great. I wanted an equal split of weight left to right in the rear so I moved the engine and tranny to the left 2.5 inches. Which meant custom axles. Prior to moving the engine/tranny I broke 13 stock axles. I have run three years on the Bear axles in it now with no problems.

With the 350 my best time was 12.71 at 109mph, I ran 11.31 at 124 at luxville (Ottawa) two summers prior to the FI, (there are no 1/4 mile tracks in Victoria) I only got one pass then I was asked to ensure that I had the proper safety gear prior to running again. It holds up pretty well but I'm on my third centre force clutch. Pretty hard to get a 9 inch disk to hold this much torque. I think I would like to go to the quartermaster set up that CalKid uses.

Some of my best Kills are tangs but very best was the 2001 vette.

All in all I love it, but I admit it is becoming less of a daily driver. But the Race Tech (Calgary Alberta SDSEFI.COM) system has really tamed the beast and made cold starts and mileage bearable again. I have the v-6 4 speed which now has 200000km and is still living behind this big small block. I would like to find a 5 speed but they are pretty pricey in Canada.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Wow, you're the first person I've EVER heard break stock Fiero axles! You should talk to Archie about this, I'm sure he'd be interested in hearing about your experience.

So, with the 2.5" move to the left, would you still need the marine water pump to avoid putting the factory water pump in the wheel well?

Sweet car! Thanks for sharing. We want to hear more! More pics, too! (see what you've started )

GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
May I ask how your 350 was setup? I'm in the process of putting together a 350 in my '86SE, 4sp and I'm trying to get an idea of what it's capable of with the right parts. Nice car! Thanks...
PFF
System Bot
GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
Very nice and impressive all way round. The entire package is a head turner. When you have a free weekend come on down to Virginia and take me for a spin. I got some ricer boys I wanna burn....and some built up Camaro's too!

Phil

------------------
GTDude
25 years GM experience

Slammed Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2002 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slammed FieroDirect Link to This Post
Post more details!!!
Block Type
Heads
Internal.

When I saw 6.6ltr , I thought it was a big poncho stuffed in. I guess this puts the debate to rest that a Fiero tranny can't handle a V8

JM

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
very nice job. I like the stripes too. also looks like your car keeps great company too. I see a Mercedes and Land Rover ?

------------------

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
would you happen to have any type of part # and or brand for the water pump. would it still fit without cutting into the wheelwell if you hadn't moved it over.

archie, if you're reading this thread, is this a pump setup you've experimented with or are considering trying out?

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Wow!! Awesome car & set-up..

------------------

ClassicFiero.com

sloth85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sloth85GTSend a Private Message to sloth85GTDirect Link to This Post
OMFG, I'm going to Victoria this summer, I NEED to see that car! That is........if my gf lets me, I'm kinda whipped you know.

------------------

Dan
1985 Silver GT

400HP LT1 Conversion has begun......

Jim_Sprang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_SprangSend a Private Message to Jim_SprangDirect Link to This Post
The waterpump is just a raw water supply pump from any bravo drive mercruiser with a SBC. There is a big block version as well. they sell for about 500 cdn but you can find them used and Japsco makes a copy for about 1/2 the cost. the really cool thing about them is that they can spin either direction so you can use them with a serpentine belt or mount they in other directions. it flows about 8 gal per min at 1000 rpm.

the bore is 4.125 and I think the stroke is 3.75 with my 6 inch rod.

My last 350 was steel crank 5.7 inch rod motor with forged flat tops. Internal balance with the same Dart heads with 188 cc runners 2.02 intake, 1.98 ex. Ran the same extreme energy 274 cam and rollor valve train. i was running a victor Jr with a bowlaw 750 mech carb. I cut the carb flange off and turned it 90 degrees to allow the carb to run fore and aft. This great reduced my carb problems in hard cornering and under hugh accelleration. This set up was good for 12.71 on street tires full tank of gas. no ice or any of that crap on the intake a true run what you brung car.

Yes the water pump set up will work if you don't move the engine over, it runs at the same plane as the front of the balance.

Sloth85GT look me up this summer if your in Vic ( but you might want to bring your depends with you you just might need them )

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock