Started on: 04-12-2002 11:19 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Jefrysuko on 04-13-2002 12:19 PM
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2002 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Well this is a work in progress but I thought that I would post what I have done so far. The front speakers have been in for over a month now. Daniel (NOCONES) came over one day and made my adapter plates while I tried to screw things in the engine compartment.

Here he is showing off his handy work.

Notice in this next picture that crossover is mounted to the bottom to make it all one unit.

And this is how they look installed.

If any of you have noticed that your speaker covers sit slightly lower than your dash, I fixed this problem by making my adapter plate go all the way out to where the speaker grill mounts. Now mine sit just slightly higher than the dash and I think this looks much better.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2002 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Only one more picture for now.

As you can see I have the rear speakers in their mounts. I had to widen the opening in the frame of the car to clear the magnet towards the rear window and that was easily done with a few taps with a hammer.

I am now on to mounting the tweeters in the B-Pillar trim. This is turning out to be difficult. My tweeters can be mounted a couple ways. First of all you could surface mount them but I don't want them sticking out. So I decided to flush mount them. The problem is that when you flush mount these speakers you use a swivel mount that extends about 1" behind the mounting surface and I have less than 1/2". I thought about cutting a hole in the frame of the car but I didn't really like this idea so I had to come up with something else. I am in the process now of cutting off the back of the tweeter mount and I will epoxy it back together to be about 1/2" in depth.

The only thing left to tackle is crossover mounting, which I think will be on the rear firewall with the insulation of the firewall cover cut out for clearance.

------------------

Kasdan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2002 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post
I did the same thing, just used plexiglass as an adapter, and used KLH speakers/tweeters.

------------------

Rebuilt HIPO 2.8, Zr-1 Cowl
Induction Hood, 1/4 Window scoops,
APR Euro Aluminum Adjustible Spoiler,
Custom Blue Interior, Weight Reduction

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2002 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kasdan:
I did the same thing, just used plexiglass as an adapter, and used KLH speakers/tweeters.

Pictures?

------------------

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2002 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

NOCONES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2002 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NOCONESSend a Private Message to NOCONESDirect Link to This Post
I'm such a dork
WeAZz2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2002 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WeAZz2M6Send a Private Message to WeAZz2M6Direct Link to This Post
The best tweeter istallation that I have seen utilized the open space in the heater vents. More than enough room and you can use the little dirrectionalo panels to aim em were you want. Not only that but the car looks stock as they are concealed.
James

------------------
Auto racing fans fall into two categories:Tattooed,shirtless,sewermouthed drunks, and their Husbands

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2002 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
looks clean. except for not wanting to pull it all out again to redo it you might consider not using the rear tweeters. that depends on your stereo tastes and processing. wouldn't have to find a place for them though.

------------------
Phil T.

start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.

Kasdan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2002 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:
Pictures?

not yet, only got the left side done, shouldnt take me more than an hour to do the right side, but im lazy jnust traced the opening and speaker cutouts with a permanant marker, then used the godly dremel tool with that drill bit that cuts sideways. woulds better than the 4x6 pioneer gold series i have in the other side

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2002 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NOCONES:
I'm such a dork

Yeah but you do such good work.

WeAZz2M6 - What open area? I liked the way I did it because it didn't block anything, like the vents, they are one unit and I have good directional capabilities with the swivel mounts.

Philphine - Well holes are already cut in the trim I do plan on using some type of processor in the future. For now I just plan on turning down the volume of the rear tweeters. I do like having a full sound comming from the rear fill in a Fiero. I think it makes the car sound bigger.

------------------

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2002 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NOCONES:
I'm such a dork

LOL! AHHHHAHAHHAHAhhhhh!

Yeah, but Jefrysuko was trying "to screw things in the engine compartment."
(see first post)
LOL!

Nice install, BTW!

------------------
[]image dropped temporarilly[]
TRiAD Motorsports ~ Performance Tuning of European, Japanese and Domestic Automobiles
Project MR1 / Let the modding begin! ~ triadtuning@hotmail.com * AIM ~ Michael Blue 72

Only the dead have seen the end of war. ~ Plato

PFF
System Bot
86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2002 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
Why the itty-bitty speakers? Check out my pics of my 6x9 install in the dash.
-dash is out

-original kenwood 4x10

-new memphis audio 6x9

-all back together, can't even tell it was out

-all back together and clean, ready for the car show later on that night

------------------
86 Fiero GT , soon to be N*ed and worked over.

Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2002 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 FIERO GT:
Check out my pics of my 6x9 install in the dash.

Ewwwwwww.... Oval speakers. No offense I just don't like oval speakers. They are just physically unable to recreate accurate sound.

I know mine are a little small but I didn't want to cut the dash to put larger ones in. I have a few good ideas for subwoofers though.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock