Started on: 04-03-2002 02:27 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: FieroMaster88 on 04-05-2002 03:04 AM
Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2002 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to think of something a little different when it comes to sail panels.. Has anyone ever thought about taking a Fastback GT (full smoked without the "GT" on it) & cut it to the Notchback contour? I think it would really smooth out the sides of a notch.. What do ya think?

------------------

ClassicFiero.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2002 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Bump... Anyone? What do ya think??
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2002 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
A new panel fabrication would probably be eaiser and lest costly Carl but yes it would smooth the sides out somewhat.

------------------

My Old Fiero | Accessories

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2002 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:
A new panel fabrication would probably be eaiser and lest costly Carl but yes it would smooth the sides out somewhat.

I'm not going hold my breath waiting for someone to produce them.. (I dont think that will ever happen) I guess I will buy a set of aftermarket smoked ones & trim them down..

Can anyone think of any reasons why it wouldn't work??

jubjub2m6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2002 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jubjub2m6Click Here to visit jubjub2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to jubjub2m6Direct Link to This Post
the only other idea i thought would be good if i knew how to fiberglass i would do it... is to actually make some kind of scoop out of the sail panen and port it to the back under the engine grill..think that be kinda cool probably wouldnt be that hard to do if i had the time and know how.

------------------

86SE Gold 4spd Modified
VROOOOOOM!!

The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2002 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
i think its a fab idea... and you wouldnt have to worry about someone stealing you little pontiac arrow head emblems. It would really smoothout the notch backs, go for it man!!!! let us know how it works!

------------------
1986 GT 4spd> Suspension Techniques Springs, Poly Bushings, Bosal Brospeed 4.5" Exhaust Tips, Cross Drilled Rotors

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2002 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
I think lildevil has already done this to his notchback and it looks great. He made it from a flat piece and not a GT panel though.

------------------

• Red 88 GT T-TOP 3800SC (very soon)
  • Red 86 GT

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 04-03-2002).]

lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2002 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
Is this what you mean? Thanks for the kind words Skitime. I did these about 3 years ago. I get a good reaction when people actually notice them. =)

------------------
Earl Sessions
1985 Fiero w/ 1998 Supercharged 3.8 V-6
Best ET: 13.232 @ 101.24 mph

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2002 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lildevil:
Is this what you mean? Thanks for the kind words Skitime. I did these about 3 years ago. I get a good reaction when people actually notice them. =)

Thanks for the info guys.. Looks great lildevil.. Do you have any pics with the door shut & window up?? How did you attach them?? Tape or Bonded?

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2002 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Those are AWESOME!

------------------
[]image dropped temporarilly[]
TRiAD Motorsports ~ Performance Tuning of European, Japanese and Domestic Automobiles
Project MR1 / Let the modding begin! ~ triadtuning@hotmail.com * AIM ~ Michael Blue 72

Only the dead have seen the end of war. ~ Plato

filthyscarecrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2002 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for filthyscarecrowSend a Private Message to filthyscarecrowDirect Link to This Post
dammit! i wish i'd thought of that! hehe...
looks really cool.
PFF
System Bot
Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2002 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Well.. I hate the thought of cutting up a new set of GT panels..but.. Oh Well..
lildevil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2002 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
No no no...don't do that HAZE. All you need is this. Go to the junkyard and get two old notchback quarter windows. Then go to home depot or Lowes and get some plexiglass sheets. Grind the area on the quarter window where the emblem goes down about 1/8 inche. Break the old plexiglass off too and grind the surface. Then size up the new plexiglass and cut it to fit over the ENTIRE quarter glass frame. Use window urethan or this stuff called FUSOR that body shops use (this is best) Its what the new Vettes are held togetherwith. And glue the new plexiglass down. Grind down the entire surface again and fill and smooth the area with body filler. Plastic prime the surface then urethan prime it. Sand it down some more and paint. TADA! thats all there is too it. I'll have to get a bettre pic of the car with thhe doors closed today. But my signature pic shows i too

------------------
Earl Sessions
1985 Fiero w/ 1998 Supercharged 3.8 V-6
Best ET: 13.232 @ 101.24 mph

lildevil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2002 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post

lildevil

1537 posts
Member since Aug 2001

hope this is bigger
Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2002 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lildevil:
No no no...don't do that HAZE. All you need is this. Go to the junkyard and get two old notchback quarter windows. Then go to home depot or Lowes and get some plexiglass sheets. Grind the area on the quarter window where the emblem goes down about 1/8 inche. Break the old plexiglass off too and grind the surface. Then size up the new plexiglass and cut it to fit over the ENTIRE quarter glass frame. Use window urethan or this stuff called FUSOR that body shops use (this is best) Its what the new Vettes are held togetherwith. And glue the new plexiglass down. Grind down the entire surface again and fill and smooth the area with body filler. Plastic prime the surface then urethan prime it. Sand it down some more and paint. TADA! thats all there is too it. I'll have to get a bettre pic of the car with thhe doors closed today. But my signature pic shows i too

Thanks for the info & pics.. Off to Home Depot i go.. I'll post my progress.

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2002 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Those look really good! I do like the scoop idea too tho...that would be interesting.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock