Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Need a good source for cool steering wheels!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Need a good source for cool steering wheels! by mrtgman
Started on: 02-01-2002 11:17 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: Alex4mula on 02-04-2002 09:03 AM
mrtgman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2002 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrtgmanClick Here to visit mrtgman's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrtgmanDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know any good sources for steering wheels other than MOMO or Grant? I am going to replace my original with something like a racing steering wheel. Any suggestions are appreciated.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2002 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i just got a couple of d shaped wheels off ebay. they are hp racing. kind of took a gamble 'cause i've never heard of them, but they were $150 apiece. the best price i had seen before that was over $200 (though when i mentioned it someone said they got a momo for $20 more than i paid for these). the auctions over but i think he said he would put it up again 'cause he had about 100 of them. i also kind of jumped the gun and didn't think of what or how they need to be mounted. just paid for them today so hopefully i'll have them next week to see what i have.
artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2002 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
AusFiero on this board is a MOMO dealer!!!

I won't disclose the price he gave me, but let's just say it's *very* competetive with the prices in this thread, that it's under MSRP, and I'm pleased!

Best!
Ben

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

filthyscarecrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2002 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for filthyscarecrowSend a Private Message to filthyscarecrowDirect Link to This Post
www.sportscar-parts.com
momo undrilled race wheels $170
sparco wheels (don't know prices)

also, www.truechoice.com (prices pretty much same.

pegasus racing in berlin WI has personal steering wheels in 12.6" undrilled race wheels (fully anatomical grip) for $190 (this is what i'm goign with if i ever have to replace the momo...) not sure of their number, but they're on the net.

ebay might be another place to look.

i took a look at those "d" shaped steering wheels and they look pretty cool too...

sportscar-parts.com has this one for $129. it's 340mm, made by the same parent company as momo, and poly covered (suede wears in after a while, adn it looks like your stock round horn button might fit.

this is the one i have on my car (320mm, $169):

[This message has been edited by filthyscarecrow (edited 02-02-2002).]

mrtgman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2002 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrtgmanClick Here to visit mrtgman's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrtgmanDirect Link to This Post
I like the "D" shaped ones. Does MOMO make one with a yellow grip? I could not find any on the net.

------------------

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2002 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
www.sparcousa.com

I am a Sparco (and Momo) dealer (as well).

------------------

Project MR1 / Let the modding begin!
triadtuning@hotmail.com * AIM ~ Michael Blue 72

Only the dead have seen the end of war. ~ Plato

filthyscarecrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2002 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for filthyscarecrowSend a Private Message to filthyscarecrowDirect Link to This Post
triad, do you just deal steering wheels or can you get driving gloves, seats, shoes, driving suits, harnesses and stuff as well?

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2002 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
All of the above, and I can also import their road wheels, not normally sold in this country.

I also can ge their fabrics and alcantaras by the meter, off the roll.

We used the red Jaquard with the red Torino sears and red Techno knob in CentralIllinoisImports' Project car...

It works for a VERY clean installation.
BTW, I have one of those knobs left, first solid offer takes it. I have not tried it on my car, but I'm thinking it may require the usual "modification" to fit properly.

Let me know what I can do for you.

Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2002 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserDirect Link to This Post
This guy on e-bay does some nice looking wood wheels. Sort of pricey but if your looking for something special it looks like he does custom work. You'd just have to get in touch with him if you don't want to buy the one on auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=601599069&r=0&t=0
------------------
Notchbacks Rule
84 Coupe(project car)
85GT(show car)
86???(looking)
87SE (daily driver)
88Coupe (daily driver)

[This message has been edited by Fierobruiser (edited 02-04-2002).]

filthyscarecrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2002 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for filthyscarecrowSend a Private Message to filthyscarecrowDirect Link to This Post
what sorta prices we talkin?

dammit triad, you've got me drooling now!

hmm, shoulda rephrased that...

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2002 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
Prices are on the website (www.sparcousa.com), and occasionally I can do a little better, but Sparco is a non-discount company...and...thanks, I have that effect on people sometimes.

LOL!

PFF
System Bot
3.8T Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2002 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8T Fiero GTClick Here to visit 3.8T Fiero GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to 3.8T Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
hey triad, u got mail

------------------
*Your ASS here*
"A 3.8T makes and excellent "RICE" cooker"

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2002 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Yes I can do MOMO and many other brands of steering wheels. Including some pretty far out looking ones. Search the forum for steering wheel and Chop Top and you will see one of the more far out ones. I can also beat any American price on MOMO and include shipping in the price.

------------------

My Fiero | Fiero Accessories

LT1 Chop Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2002 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT1 Chop TopSend a Private Message to LT1 Chop TopDirect Link to This Post
Aus is the MAN! I got a great price on this unique wheel. He even had the adaptor chromed at a very reasonable price. The wheel also fit perfectly.

------------------

Home Page w/ Vids : http://ucsub.colorado.edu/%7Epattons/Home15.html

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2002 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
Sweet wheel LT1 ChopTop, would like something simular to that. I prefer the flat bottom style myself. Being 6'4" you kinda need all the room you can get for your legs.

------------------

V.P. GTA CLUB
www.gtafieroclub.com

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2002 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
since i got the wheels already it may not do me any good, but once in a car stereo mag i saw where you can get stereo remote controls that are made to go with momo wheels, but it's something that dosen't come to america. it looked round like a horn button in the middle of the wheel. i think the one i saw was for an alpine stereo. can any of you dealer guys get them or ever heard of them?
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2002 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if you are ruling out Grant but they have a huge selection of styles other than the simple common stuff that you see at PepBoys or AutoZone. I just bought a very nice leather one last Saturday for my Yellow car. Go to SpeedTruck store at Sunrise Blvd (on south side about 1 mile east of I-95) and check there. They have very nice ones there at reasonable prices.

------------------
Alex4mula
:) Red-Original Owner & Yellow AP-1/94 with PM (:

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock