Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Thoughts on a Fiero roof-scoop? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Thoughts on a Fiero roof-scoop? by MinnGreenGT
Started on: 12-19-2001 03:17 PM
Replies: 53
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 12-23-2001 09:54 PM
Joe Torma

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2001 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
Joe- too bad we all don't live closer together. It'd be a blast to have a "Fast & Furious Fiero party!"

Definetly too bad! It'll be fun.. we got a a 50" tv couple of weeks ago
Hmm...gotta get stuff to make Mudslides--Joe makes 'em special-like.

IP: Logged
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2001 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:
I dig it, and was (am) going to do it too.

Any plans for the airflow/ducting itself? Or just the scoop?

Posted by Joe Torma:
Definetly too bad! It'll be fun.. we got a a 50" tv couple of weeks ago
Hmm...gotta get stuff to make Mudslides--Joe makes 'em special-like.

50" Cool. I've got a Sony 36" Trinitron (just finished paying for it- whew) and a DTS surroundsound system. I'd have gone for a bigger screen, but I have a small house and the 36" is even pushing it Mmmm... yummy mudslides. (I have the reciepe for TGI Friday's Mudslides somewhere- might have to dig it out).

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2001 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Ok MinnGreen im comin over... make way on the couch for another Fiero guy
gggg-us

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2001 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gggg-usClick Here to visit gggg-us's HomePageSend a Private Message to gggg-usDirect Link to This Post
Ok. how about dual scoops... You might be able to fabricate a set of scoops that fit in the exact place that the metal screens fit in on either side of the read deck...and funnel the air toward the center of the bay...this would work for air flor really well if scoop was on the deck lid. Would make for some nice airflow, especially if you designed a special deck lid and scoops so that there was more vertical space between the screen and the frame...if that makes any sense.

Some pluses about this I guess...if it was made to fit where the screens are, then is would work on both coupes and GT's, and require no body modification, just pull out your old screens and insert new ones. If you were to make something like that, I'd be very interested in purchasing a pair...since I dont' know much about fabricating new body parts... You would want to make the new part with some rubber bumpers on it, so that it would basically rest on the top of the car, but not dammage the paint, and if you made the scoops short enough...the duals wouldn't interfere with a sunroof.

------------------
88 4Cyl ... Rebuilding 81 Vette Engine for it now.

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2001 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I think gggg-us may be talkin about the Fi-Air-O scoops:

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2001 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Ive had Fast and the Furious since about the 3rd week it was out at the theatres. Its nice having friends that are pirates of the internet.

------------------

http://www.fieroX.com
coming soon L67 powered 87 coupe

Kasdan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2001 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:
Ive had Fast and the Furious since about the 3rd week it was out at the theatres. Its nice having friends that are pirates of the internet.

Ditto....cept mine has no music, only video and voices

------------------
Tyler Morgan, 1986 GT

Aftermarket Power Steering, Rebuilt 2.8
http://www.geocities.com/mtyler14/index.html

GTMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2001 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMikeSend a Private Message to GTMikeDirect Link to This Post
i also have had my copy of F and F for a long time. it is a good copy and has everything.
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2001 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
the neon has either a 2.0L SOHC or a 2.0L DOHC. The reason why a lot of people turbo the chrysler motor is because it lasts longer then 70k miles turbo charged. The mitsubishi motor suffers from crank walk.

Neons never came with a 1.8 L motor, always been a 2.0 SOHC (135 HP, 120 TQ..Base, expresso 4 dr, etc..)for economy and a 2.0 L DOHC for performance (150 hp, 140? TQ..R/T, sport, expresso 2 dr, etc..)

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2001 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

700 HP---- That's the "real" Supra also!!!

------------------

www.thefibersmith.com
Technical Support (903) 825-7744 Steve
"Smoooooth GT"
Shaved door handles, sidetrim, exhaust outlet's, etc.... smooooth!!!

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2001 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:
the neon has either a 2.0L SOHC or a 2.0L DOHC. The reason why a lot of people turbo the chrysler motor is because it lasts longer then 70k miles turbo charged. The mitsubishi motor suffers from crank walk.

Neons never came with a 1.8 L motor, always been a 2.0 SOHC (135 HP, 120 TQ..Base, expresso 4 dr, etc..)for economy and a 2.0 L DOHC for performance (150 hp, 140? TQ..R/T, sport, expresso 2 dr, etc..)

First off none repeat... None of the 1g's ever suffered from crank walk... crank walk is a problem that began in 96 after DSM desolved! As for 70K thats bs too... IF your 2L is going to crank walk it will happen before you even hit the 30,000 mile mark! Dont believe? Go to www.dsmtalk.com and ask ANYONE they will tell you the same thing. The chrysler motor is J-unk! It has alot of torque compaired to the non turbo Mitsu 2L but its internals arent as strong! Besides its easier to turbo a Mitsu 2L because it bolts right on! Also turboing any 2g that wasnt turboed can be a pain cause its a OBDII system where as 1g's were OBDI... Id just rather stick with an engine that is ALREADY turboed... DSM 2L can handle 600hp stock according to Buscher racing.. www.buscherracing.com!

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better"

~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
AOL IM: Fieromaster
1985 GT ~ Purple, Black and Yellow Interior(Fastback Converted)
1997 Mitsu Eclipse GSX ~ Maroon w/ Hella Balls!(GSX = AWD, Turbo) DOA on 12/10/2000
1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS ~ soon will be turboed

PFF
System Bot
next level trends prez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2001 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for next level trends prezSend a Private Message to next level trends prezDirect Link to This Post
i really like the idea of it i would deffinitly put it on my car.. how much would it be to make one... i just want it for looks i could care less if it workedtell me a price
tomanyfieros

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2001 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomanyfierosSend a Private Message to tomanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
where is it on the website? i cant find that scoop... LMK
Thanx JAson

------------------

We all have dreams, but not everyone gets them...

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2001 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Jason- The link is right below the photo in very small print. The site is http://www.wholesalehyperformance.com -look under body kits, then misc & aero accessories. You'll find it there.

For those who acquired F&F early... I don't care for low-quality internet hack copies of movies (although I've considered many times downloading a copy of F&F especially when they delayed the release from mid-november until January 2nd!). I'd rather spend the dough and get DVD quality

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock