Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  TV,DVD,IN A FIERO. MUST SEE. May take a while (large pix)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

TV,DVD,IN A FIERO. MUST SEE. May take a while (large pix) by edbone
Started on: 11-14-2001 10:52 PM
Replies: 26
Last post by: edbone on 11-19-2001 10:31 PM
edbone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2001 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edboneSend a Private Message to edboneDirect Link to This Post
Here are the pictures that I promised of the tv dvd and more. The dvd took alot of custom work internally underneath the console and also the dvd itself. Had to disect the dvd and move components around to make possible. I would love to answer any questions but I can not see any of my replies on my PC. and I dont know why. So if you know please help. I was able to view my replies at work but not at home. Soory for the big photos, Cant figure out how to make small yet. Remember cant see replies so send me messages.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MikeSchaefer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2001 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MikeSchaeferSend a Private Message to MikeSchaeferDirect Link to This Post
Dude, that's frickin awesome! Very nice work!
Mike

------------------
http://surf.to/fiero

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2001 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Hey... Nice interior... hehe

Kinda similar to mine. I have the same pedals, Same gauges. I also have the engine start button (mine is where the rear defroster switch Would have been, if I had it)

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2001 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
tricky. how about a view of the car directly from the rear. still deciding on the wing.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2001 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
What no PS1? Geeze what a Piece...

Honestly, VERY VERY Nice work.

JB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2001 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JBSend a Private Message to JBDirect Link to This Post
That is one of the best looking fieros I have ever seen! Inside and outside is top level. Great work.
BlackStang95

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2001 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackStang95Send a Private Message to BlackStang95Direct Link to This Post
Ditch the wing and put in a 3800 sc and maybe some nos and damn, you have a dream car. Awesome dvd deal, if you did that yourself you should do a detailed description somewhere, maybe offer to do it to others fieros for price, youd get customers.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
The engine start button.
Does it really work? If so how do you do it?

Oh yea Sweet car!

jch82

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jch82Send a Private Message to jch82Direct Link to This Post
Sweet! So how does that start button work??

Josh

------------------

onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post
very nice.

In order to see your reply try hitting the refresh button on your browser. When the new page comes up.

------------------

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Very cool...........

Hey.. Tell me more about the 8"? sub under the dash.. Thanks

-Haze

------------------

Goto Website - Click Here

PFF
System Bot
koolgtz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for koolgtzSend a Private Message to koolgtzDirect Link to This Post
Nice DVD. who makes that? Is that a home unit or a computer type?
edbone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edboneSend a Private Message to edboneDirect Link to This Post
Heres a pic of the 8" sub and amp that I forgot to post.Give me a few to answer the other Questions on the rest of the car.
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
Very impressive!!

Does it play mp3s/vcds also?

pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
Truly truly bad @$$. Drop us some details on how, and where you got that stuff from. Cause we'd love to do it!

------------------
Kills:
97 Neon R/T

AIM: phool88fiero

pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post

pHoOl

2496 posts
Member since Jun 2000
oh dang, i didn't even think of this before.... did you get dolby 5.1 set up with it? i was just thinkin that it wouldn't be all that hard to do. all i can say is wow!
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Sweet install... I've been planning something like that for awhile- just don't have the funds for it yet. The DVD is awsome, I'd never even thought of installing it there. Curious as to what kind of DVD player that is (most portables that I've found look more like a discman)? And do you have any "working" pics of the DVD install?

DTS 5.1 would be fairly easy to install- you just need a reciever that is 5.1 compatible (check with your local AudioKing, etc... they've got 'em- and the Volvo C70 came stock with a 5.1 DTS setup).

------------------

kneebarx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kneebarxSend a Private Message to kneebarxDirect Link to This Post
EDbone!!
Please tell us how you did it!!
Like maybe an entire word document on how you did it!! Please!!
FieroPerformance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroPerformanceClick Here to visit FieroPerformance's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroPerformanceDirect Link to This Post
NICE job. That looks great.

-Charlie

------------------

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
Thats some great looking work.
I love where you put the DVD player Very nice

------------------

kempo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kempoSend a Private Message to kempoDirect Link to This Post
This is a true show-quality fiero! I love all the work you have done, it looks very sweet and professional. What was all involved in mounting the actual dvd player in that location? Also, I noticed the switches in your drivers ash tray compartment, what do they do? Keep this fiero beautiful!

------------------

0-60 6.9 seconds

PFF
System Bot
edbone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2001 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edboneSend a Private Message to edboneDirect Link to This Post
Ok to answer some of the questions,The start button is actually out of the new Honda I think its the h or s 2000 2 seater that just came out. I had to take the switch appart and with a meter find out which 2 of the 7 pins on the switch made contact and wired a relay of off of it to power the starter wire under the column. It is fully functionable.The dvd player is a Mobile car dvd called Farenheit by Power Accoustic.For this to work I had to untape and move the factory harness under the console and pound down some of the metal underneath to get the Dvd loading mechanism were you see it. I literally took the dvd appart and extended any wires and ribbon cables to get the rest of the dvd in the storage between the seats.Sounds easier than it was. Imagine taking a full size dvd and shrinking to fit there.The panell where the tv is in is a piece of MDF wood cut and shaped by hand to fit. The stereo consist of a pair of Mb quart 5.25 components in the front, Mb quart 4x6 in the rear, A Cadence 8 inch 300 watt woofer and a Mtx thunder amp to power the sub. The highs are powered of the new pontiac delco. Sound for the dvd is ran through a Fm modulator in stereo surround sound.The three switches in the ash tray are to power up the DVD,monitor, and fm Modulator.I think thats it. Exuse any misspelled words, Thanks for the interest. Any more questions, Ill be glad to answer. Eddie
Sootah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahDirect Link to This Post
SOOTAH - HATES - EDBONE

Didn't realise you could turn so many shades of green (jealousy)...

Top notch job there, very similar to what I plan. Although I've got something different mapped out for the map pocket area.. (You'll love it when you see it, which wont be till I GET THE DAMN CAR RUNNING!!)

Also, what is your source of income? Thats some serious $ you've forked out! I'd type more, but my drool has shorted most of the keyboard out. You bastard.

PEACE -Sootah

------------------

85 GT - 86 SE (Parts car)
Never pull your pants down in Cosco, the dang monkeys will getcha

AIM: KSSouter

edbone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edboneSend a Private Message to edboneDirect Link to This Post
Oh come on sootah, I have faith in you. Do it up.
FIERO1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO1985Send a Private Message to FIERO1985Direct Link to This Post
great install. A+++. You have sprung many ideas to fiero owners on this board I am sure

------------------
1985 GT V6
"LETS RACE"

3.8T Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2001 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8T Fiero GTClick Here to visit 3.8T Fiero GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to 3.8T Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
man i so wanna do that!!!

BUT first comes go, then show!

------------------

"A 3.8T makes and excellent "RICE" cooker"

edbone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2001 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edboneSend a Private Message to edboneDirect Link to This Post
What is dts 5.1?

[This message has been edited by edbone (edited 11-25-2001).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock