Archie....about the T-top-Choptop by CanadianGT
Started on: 08-30-2001 06:09 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: BlackDragon on 08-31-2001 08:25 PM
CanadianGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2001 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CanadianGTSend a Private Message to CanadianGTDirect Link to This Post
I Remember reading earlier in another post that you could not do a T-top Choptop as you would run into cutting problems with the "h" frame. I was wondering if that is only in cars that already have the T-top installed in them. I have a T-top kit sitting here in my basement that is brand new in a box, never installed and was wondering if you could install that in a Chop-top. I have a 2 year plan right now, so that by the time I am 21 I will have a 5 speed Fiero GT(Picking up in about 2 months) then by spring chop top it, and the following year either supercharge or V8 it. I cant believe how well I am sticking to my plan and depositing money for this every 2 weeks. In addition, do you know if you have to pay duty on a service like a chop-top comming over the border? I wonder if I will be the First Fiero Chop Top in Canada?
PeAcE
Kyle
(86 GT Auto)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2001 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CanadianGT:
I Remember reading earlier in another post that you could not do a T-top Choptop as you would run into cutting problems with the "h" frame. I was wondering if that is only in cars that already have the T-top installed in them. I have a T-top kit sitting here in my basement that is brand new in a box, never installed and was wondering if you could install that in a Chop-top. I have a 2 year plan right now, so that by the time I am 21 I will have a 5 speed Fiero GT(Picking up in about 2 months) then by spring chop top it, and the following year either supercharge or V8 it. I cant believe how well I am sticking to my plan and depositing money for this every 2 weeks. In addition, do you know if you have to pay duty on a service like a chop-top comming over the border? I wonder if I will be the First Fiero Chop Top in Canada?
PeAcE
Kyle
(86 GT Auto)

Well I never considered installing a "T" top AFTER doing the chop top..... but I think it would work.

Right now there is no Chop Tops in Canada, so you'd be the first AFIK.

Archie

Brandon86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2001 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon86SESend a Private Message to Brandon86SEDirect Link to This Post
Wow! I can't believe you! You totally stole my idea! I was planning the exact same thing, and also 2 years from now. That's kinda weird, and to top it off I'm from Canada too. I've been working on planning my custom Fiero for once I'm out of college for a while, and I just recently decided a chop top t-top would be better than a convertible. Great to hear that you think it's doable Archie. I was gonna make almost the same post asking you.
CanadianGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2001 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CanadianGTSend a Private Message to CanadianGTDirect Link to This Post
Hey Brandon86SE, do you have a set of T-tops too?? Where did you get yours??? I got mine off E-bay last christmas.
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2001 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
AHAHA! i am going to beat all of you to it. In three days i'm chopping my own top and i live near Toronto, so in fact I will be the first Canadian with a chop top.
Brandon86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2001 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon86SESend a Private Message to Brandon86SEDirect Link to This Post
CanadianGT, I haven't actually picked them up yet. I'm still looking for a good deal, and I wanted to talk to Archie first, to make sure it was feasable. How much did yours set you back? I'm still trying to do some research to find out what's a good deal and everything. These are going to be a long two years, but it's so gonna be worth it in Spring of 2004 I guess it would be, when (hopefully) it'll be all done.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2001 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Matt_Fiero- you're chopping your own top? Please, do take lots of pics...it'll be cool to see someone do their own. If you can't post pics yourself, let me know and I'll post 'em for you- Just to be able to see the pics!

------------------

Medium Metallic Green 87 GT
3.1L High Output
4 Spd OD Tranny
Open (read: Loud) Exhaust
and More!
-Rob Bartlett

CanadianGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2001 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CanadianGTSend a Private Message to CanadianGTDirect Link to This Post
Brandon,
I bought mine off E bay last Christmas for something like $1100 American I believe. You can get them cheaper used, but I wanted everything to be in perfect shape with all the hardware and instructions to make it easier for whomever installs it. I bought them off a guy who bought them new in 88. They are still in the original box. I believe they are a lot more then that new from the guy who bought the rest of them from that company. I think in total it came to over $2000 canadian, as there was about $300 in duty! Check E-bay every once in awhile and you will see them for sale.
Hope this helps!
PeAcE
Kyle
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2001 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Yea, i am very worried about wrecking my car, i will make my final desision the day before i do it, in a couple of days
I hope the best of luck to myself
BlackDragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2001 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackDragonSend a Private Message to BlackDragonDirect Link to This Post
whoa, matt, thats awesome. are you going to try it with a parts car first or anything? just wondering. good luck, i hope it works out well

------------------
im looking for a inexpensive black standard fastback. does not have to run. does not have to look good. only the mid section needs to be dent free. the fenders,bumpers, dont have to be in good cond. faded paint is fine. anyone who has info, email me. grey interior would be nice but beggars cant be choosers

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock