Started on: 07-25-2001 04:53 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: JSocha on 08-14-2001 10:43 AM
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2001 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Well, I just installed my handy-dandy trailer hitch and I've been scanning the net looking for a decent "Sport" trailer.

It's a tough call. U-haul rents a nice trailer that has 45 cu ft. But I don't know who makes 'em or how much they cost to buy.

I've seen a few motorcycle trailers. But they are all WAY over priced $1500-3500!! and you only get between 23 and 32 cubic feet of storage.

I thought about making one out of an old Fiero to get the uniform look and save money. But I'd have to find a good donor at the local wrecking yard and spend a lot of time and $ to make it happen.

Anybody out there got any other ideas for low cost, large storage trailers?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JSocha

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2001 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
There is a company here in ND and a unti around Bismarck that manufacturers a nice little, light fiberglass trailer and they are on the internet. Also, seen the SPORTSTER model from U-haul you are talking about as they have one in Minot.

I'll get ahold of my friends little brother in Bismarck and when him and his wife are back in Wilton, ND, I'll have him get the phone number and internet address of the trailer manufacturer as one sits right outside a CENEX gas station. RossT may have seen it if he has traveled north lately.

Friday, I'll get the manufacturer of the SPORTSTER from U-haul as I have been looking at them lately too as a pull behind option for the Fiero.

------------------

wkayl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2001 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wkaylSend a Private Message to wkaylDirect Link to This Post
Here is my setup. Not as large as what you want to pull.

Here are more pictures... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/008944.html

------------------

Dnyee's 88 Formula, Casey's 86GT, Wayne's 86GT.
We consider my wife as being "Fiero Challenged"

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2001 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
The best one is that Trailer I saw that was the ass of a Notchback converted... THAT WAS AMAZING, I SOOOO want one
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2001 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Todd you have mail!!

DXR_DAD

isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2001 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
this one?

I think I need to build one hehe

fierobaby

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2001 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
OH MY I MUST HAVE ONE!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!! where can I get one!? how is it made!? I WANT
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2001 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Bill, thanks for the tip. But isn't the Home Depot deal a flat bed? I am looking for weather proof solution.

That rear coupe conversion looks damn good. The customizer in me wants to go that route but the last thing I need right now is another project!

Wkayl, that is pretty close to what I would like but it is a little small. I love the caddy for the Gas Can though! Good thinking 99.

I figure I will be using the thing for two main purposes: Vacations like Fiero shows and weekend get-aways. And for business. I deal in rare books and I go on "Scouting" trips from time to time to buy books. I usually have to drive my Ford Bronco..yuk. I'd love to take the Fiero but where ya gonna put the luggage AND boxes of books.

I estimate 40 cu ft of space is a minimum.

Have any of you been to the Fiero Club in Anaheim? Fiero Phil has an Indy with a custom made trailer like the notchback above but with the Indy coloring. Very slick!

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 07-26-2001).]

fierobaby

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2001 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobabySend a Private Message to fierobabyDirect Link to This Post
hey if anyone can give me tips and stuff on how to do that I would love to that looks great and I bet gets some looks from other drivers
tomanyfieros

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2001 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomanyfierosSend a Private Message to tomanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
hey, i have found a guy who has taken the front of a fiero, cut out the middle (where u sit and stuff) and put the back together with the front.... strange, but a 1 of a kind! i will have pics soon...
Jason

------------------

We all have dreams, but not everyone gets them...

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2001 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
luv to see it Jason! PICS PICS PICS!!
PFF
System Bot
grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2001 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tomanyfieros:
hey, i have found a guy who has taken the front of a fiero, cut out the middle (where u sit and stuff) and put the back together with the front.... strange, but a 1 of a kind! i will have pics soon...
Jason

I do'nt mean to dissapoint you but that's been done.....

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2001 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Hey Todd! Still looking for a trailer to pull behind your Fiero?

You probably already know or have found this out. The UHAUL Sporster is made exclusively by UHAUL. I'm sure you can buy them. I was unable to check.

I was down in Bismarck this weekend and had a chance to stop in Wilton on the way and here are the following URL's for Excalibur Automobile Corporation trailers. They did not have the small one in Wilton (which was awsome) as it was sold and now they have the larger one there.
http://www.excaliburtrailersouth.com/
http://www.trailerdiscounters.com/excal.htm

Hope this helps you out! Later

------------------

BOILERMAKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2001 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOILERMAKERSend a Private Message to BOILERMAKERDirect Link to This Post
The best trailer for the fiero is the one that the fiero sits on from show to show (IMHO).
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2001 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Lots of stores (even K-Mart) sell small utility trailer kits. has all the running gear, frame, lites, wheels/tires,tounge, etc. you just build whatever you want around it. Im sure you could use fiero qtrs, trunk. The whole kits is only $300-$400. There really lite weight.
Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2001 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Direct Link to This Post
This one (from skitime's W-burg cruise pics) belongs to Ray New, prez of Lone Star Fieros. He's not on the Forum, but he's on the Fiero List. You can email him direct at newboy@flash.net - tell him Chuck Hodges sent you (he won't know what a Cheever2 is).

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2001 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
I myself still like the UHAUL "Sportster", only without the UHAUL decals.

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2001 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Here's a few pics of a trailer taken to the next level. The front has been covered for travel- I didn't get the pics without the cover. Anyway, the back has been cleared out and completely carpeted- the front has two seats mounted (stock location?) with an armrest inbetween allowing a large umbrella to be inserted. It even has an ashtray! This is a great thing to do if you've got that extra Fiero-Chassis/Body laying around! (note: This conversion was done by David & Marcia Gageby of the Minnesota Fieros Forever).

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2001 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
See the trailer in 360o mode at the following UHAUL link.
http://www.uhaul.com/trailers/sport/360.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock