Green Fiero? by HummelHund
Started on: 07-30-2001 12:42 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: CoolBlue87GT on 07-30-2001 09:49 PM
HummelHund

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HummelHundSend a Private Message to HummelHundDirect Link to This Post
I'm almost done with the mechanical restoration of my '84 SE, and am toying around with the idea of getting it painted a different color (it's white). What do y'all think about British Racing Green? Paint the Fiero BRG and get a tan interior from a junker to give it that Triumph TR7 look. Maybe a couple gold pinstripes down the sides? Has anyone painted their Fiero green? I've got a picture in my mind and I think it would look cool.

------------------
Sean W.
'84 SE 2M4 WS6, The "Buzz Bomb". (restoration project to become daily driver)
'84 Sport Coupe, The "Black Wedge of Death" ($150 running car)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jay

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JayClick Here to visit Jay's HomePageSend a Private Message to JayDirect Link to This Post
There is a guy in Burlington Ontario that has a green car, just painted. I'll try to get some photos of it for you, but maybe Banditbalz has one already. He's got a CD full of Fieros.

------------------
Jay
1986 Northstar GT
www.members.home.net/jaygrande

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
Here's one for you:

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Now, I'm not going to be real thrilled to show up at fiero events to find more dark green cars... but hey- I love the color and you are certainly welcome to use it! =)

Anyway, my '87 GT was painted GM Medium Metallic Green (Courtsey of '95 Corvette and Cadillacs) and I had Gold Pearl custom mixed in to give it a better "sparkle" in the sunlight. I also had my stock-gray '87 lace wheels refinished (PWS in Bloomington, MN)in a ford "honeywheat?" gold color... it's lighter than the stock '88 lace wheels. The green and gold compliment perfectly with the tan interior...I love it! My only trouble is that I can't get a really good picture of the green/gold sparkle (the photo below was taken in the rain) and people think the car is black in the dark.

In this photo (taken at my wedding) you can see the green sparkle a little better in the background!

It's sunny today, so I might try to get a better photo on my digital camera...

Thanks!
Rob Bartlett
'87 GT Custom Green
3.1L High-Output
4spd OD tranny
+Performance Mods!

Cozmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CozmoSend a Private Message to CozmoDirect Link to This Post
Sean, you dog!!!
That's the color combo I've decided to do my Targa in...
I've seen a modern Mustang green that's very close to the color I want. I think it's a GREAT combination, kinda the British thing...
I'm glad to see other green Fieros, yours looks good, Rob!
It isn't easy being green...
C02M0

------------------

HummelHund

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HummelHundSend a Private Message to HummelHundDirect Link to This Post
From seeing these other cars now I know I want mine painted green! Now I wonder what minilite wheels would look like on a fiero... I don't think any of you will have to worry about me being at shows anytime soon, my car's not exactly show quality...yet.
By the way, Rob, that's a BEAUTIFUL car!

------------------
Sean W.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliment! Here's a return gift... MiniLite Wheels on a GreenGT. I got the gold minilite from www.minilitewheels.com

I didn't have time to perfect the shading or edges, but you can get the idea! Enjoy...

Rob Durham

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rob DurhamClick Here to visit Rob Durham's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rob DurhamDirect Link to This Post
I have a green TR-8 convertable with tan interior.

The Fiero should look pretty good!

------------------

HummelHund

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HummelHundSend a Private Message to HummelHundDirect Link to This Post
That's cool, a guy I know has a green TR8 convertible with tan interior. He used to be on this forum, Wade87GT, I don't know if he still is. It's got sort of the same shape as a Fiero, that's sort of what I'm going for, the TR Triumph look. I always thought those were great looking cars, no matter what the TR6 people say. Of course I think Porsche 914s look good too, so my taste in cars has often been questioned.

------------------
Sean W.

Fiero Sam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero SamSend a Private Message to Fiero SamDirect Link to This Post
You said green Fiero and I thought:"Yuck".The pictures changed my mind.They look pretty darn good(excuse my french).
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Here's a pic of my green 86 when I first got it. The paint is faded worse now. I really like the color though. Not sure what it's called. Emerald green, maybe. Was painted by the previous owner. (not the best job in the world)

------------------
sqoach@yahoo.com

84 SE (FOR SALE)*sale pending*
85 Coupe (parts car)($50)*sale pending*
86 SC (FOR SALE)
86 SE V6 (new project)

PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Ok heres another green one. different shade.
Pictured in front of my red one.

Heres some different shades of green for the heck of it.

------------------

My Fiero | Fiero Accessories

[This message has been edited by AusFiero (edited 07-30-2001).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
This car (86 SE) belongs to one of the guys in our club. It's supposed to be Jaguar green.

Monochrome. The factory should have built one this color.
------------------
Raydar - aka Steve

Black 88 Formula.
Red 88 Duke coupe. "The Project"
88 Formula parts car. "The Donor"

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-30-2001).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Here ya go, this one was at the Daytona show !

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock