Started on: 06-28-2001 09:18 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: fierosound on 07-05-2001 12:01 AM
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2001 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

My car has been repainted to a 2001 GM color - Light Toreador Red Pearl Metallic code B9523, Dupont-53/307D

The car has been lowered. We cut 1/2 coil from front springs, installed Eibach's in rear. Munroe's on all 4 corners.

Wheels are Prime Wheels Model 260 16"x7". More details here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/010680.html

Tires are Michelin Pilot 205/55/16-front and 225/55/16-rear. Suspension & tires combo rides firmer than stock, but handles extremely well.

More on my car: http://www.geocities.com/calgaryfieros/tonys87.htm

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 06-28-2001).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
beachbomb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2001 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for beachbombSend a Private Message to beachbombDirect Link to This Post
I LIKE IT!!!!!

jim(2 '84 Indys)

rodmcneill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2001 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodmcneillSend a Private Message to rodmcneillDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!
sjp777

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2001 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjp777Click Here to visit sjp777's HomePageSend a Private Message to sjp777Direct Link to This Post
How did you tint the sail panel windows?

------------------

88GT 5sp, in desperate need of an LT1
http://www.geocities.com/fiero88gt1/

4-WHEEL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2001 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4-WHEELClick Here to visit 4-WHEEL's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4-WHEELDirect Link to This Post
Why does after have air intake & before does not I would think it would be the other way around ?

------------------

mrgone
From: Barrie Ontario, Canada / Bridgewater Nova Scotia, Canada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2001 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrgoneSend a Private Message to mrgoneDirect Link to This Post
the pic has been flipped for comparison
see the backwards GT on the sail
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2001 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the comments everybody. I plan to post BETTER pictures on my website later.

sjp777... I replaced my rear quarter windows and had tinit film applied before installing them on the car. Tint film can be applied on installed windows. Just be sure to remove the black trim piece surrounding them first.

MRGONE... absolutely correct

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-02-2001).]

88CoupeV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2001 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88CoupeV6Click Here to visit 88CoupeV6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88CoupeV6Direct Link to This Post
Wow, It looks super sweet. I know you will love the tires. I have the same type. Good product.

------------------
Josh (known by TheFiero64 for first 1239 posts)

My pics

sjp777

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2001 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjp777Click Here to visit sjp777's HomePageSend a Private Message to sjp777Direct Link to This Post
I asked about getting the sail panel windows tinted when I did the door glass. The guy wouldn't do it because those windows are exposed to the elements on both sides. He said eventually the moisture would cause the tint to seperate.
Tonker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2001 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TonkerSend a Private Message to TonkerDirect Link to This Post
Looks really nice...

Re: the sail panel windows, mine seem to be cracking and starring a bit. Is this common? Is it easy to replace them? Cost?

Thanks.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2001 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
sjp777...
I was told the same thing, and had it done anyway. They wouldn't warranty the quarter windows. The tint stayed on and looked pretty good for about 7 years. It can be removed and redone at that time. I just replaced the windows when I repainted the car (one was cracked anyway).

Tonker...
GM still makes windows for the GT. Any GM dealer can give you a price (expensive). I went with repro windows from Fiero Warehouse http://geocities.com/fierowarehouse/gtwindows.html . Installation is easy, getting the old windows off is hard. F/W also has already tinted quater windows available.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-05-2001).]

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock