Started on: 05-03-2001 07:35 AM
Replies: 37
Last post by: AusFiero on 05-06-2001 07:12 PM
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Here is a couple of detailed pics of my door speaker pods that people requested.
The original post was. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/006816.html
Long overdue, sorry. But between running my business, and other stuff I don't get a lot of time.
Update on plans for console sub box from the same post will follow soon.

Sorry about the image file sizes but they are large for better detail.

And a couple of off topic detail shots of other interior bits not visible in the original post.

Yes I put the speedo needle back on in the wrong spot.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KRMFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
Where can i get those pods? what size speakers are in there? look nice!

Kyle

KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post

KRMFiero

2711 posts
Member since Sep 2000
hey post some pics of all your interier... how did you do the doors?
DISenchanted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DISenchantedSend a Private Message to DISenchantedDirect Link to This Post
Hey!!!

His steering wheel is on the wrong side...

DISenchanted

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
looks real good. did you adapt some q-forms or something, or are they something you made yourself?
JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DISenchanted:
Hey!!!

His steering wheel is on the wrong side...

DISenchanted

Nawwww! Aus just used a graphics program and reversed the picture to trick you all!

BTW, take a look at his other thread if you haven't done so already. KEWL!

------------------

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
ME LIKE, ME WANT!!!!!
So are you gonna give us the "how to" on those things? I gots ta know! I also like the Pontiac on the guages...Ive often thought about somehow putting the pegasus logo on them, kind of like how Ferrari does.
BTW, shortend your shifter. Very nice!!! M7F
varnster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for varnsterSend a Private Message to varnsterDirect Link to This Post
I saw your interior pics a few weeks ago and
I still cant get it out of my mind! THE BEST
LOOKING INTERIOR, I HAVE SEEN POSTED. Good
form, and if you ever decide to make a few
of your goodies for the rest of us E-MAIL ME!
I will buy it all.AWESOME,CAR.
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
To answer some questions.

The whole interior is on the other post listed KR.

The pods are home made, shapped from layers or mdf board then sanded to shape, glassed over then sent off to have a moulded vinyl skin put over them. The last part of the process was not cheap.

The speakers are 5 3/4" but I made the pods to take 6" as well. The tweeter sections of the pods I designed to fit most makes as I may want to change one day.

If there is enough interest I will start making them. But to say costs will take a new mould off the now vinyl looking pods as the custom route cost big time . The new ones would look identical to the pictures but would require painting to you own colour and would be made of fibreglass. Heavy duty laminate, not paper thin.

I don't know if they are to dear for yous but I can sell them for $50 US a pair and appoximately $10 US shipping costs.

So anyone that is interested please e-mail me and I will start a list. If I can get 10 orders for them I will make them.

DrDave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrDaveSend a Private Message to DrDaveDirect Link to This Post
Yah put me down for a set. If they are heavy duty enough, they'd be worth $60.00 a pair.

The whole interior is on the other post listed KR.

The pods are home made, shapped from layers or mdf board then sanded to shape, glassed over then sent off to have a moulded vinyl skin put over them. The last part of the process was not cheap.

The speakers are 5 3/4" but I made the pods to take 6" as well. The tweeter sections of the pods I designed to fit most makes as I may want to change one day.

If there is enough interest I will start making them. But to say costs will take a new mould off the now vinyl looking pods as the custom route cost big time . The new ones would look identical to the pictures but would require painting to you own colour and would be made of fibreglass. Heavy duty laminate, not paper thin.

I don't know if they are to dear for yous but I can sell them for $50 US a pair and appoximately $10 US shipping costs.

So anyone that is interested please e-mail me and I will start a list. If I can get 10 orders for them I will make them.[/B][/QUOTE]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
YEAH, put me down for a set!!! Those are awesome!

------------------

James Essar
AOL IM Name: FieroMaster88
88 Coupe 30,000 miles

PFF
System Bot
DISenchanted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DISenchantedSend a Private Message to DISenchantedDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a set also.

DISenchanted

DISenchanted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DISenchantedSend a Private Message to DISenchantedDirect Link to This Post

DISenchanted

127 posts
Member since Sep 99
I'll take a set also.

DISenchanted

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
60 bucks a set? Put me on the list!!

Finally some realistic prices on Fiero mods...

------------------
Jeff (AOL IM - FieroTT)
'88 GT t-top 3.4
Baltimore, MD - MAFOA

"Once you go black, you never go back..."
"The Customer Can Have Any Color He Wants So Long As It's Black" -Henry Ford

85Josh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85JoshSend a Private Message to 85JoshDirect Link to This Post
One set here, too! Great work, AusFiero.

------------------
85 2M4(Lil' Bit)

mbramble

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mbrambleSend a Private Message to mbrambleDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a set.

Mike

jch82

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2001 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jch82Send a Private Message to jch82Direct Link to This Post
I would take a set as well....

Those looks kick a$$!

So how exactly do they mount on the door panels? And how much do they stick out? Thanks

Josh

------------------
Yeah, my girlfriend takes collect calls from the road
And it doesn't seem to matter that I'm lacking in the bulge
She laughs at my dumb jokes when no one does
She brings me mexican food from Sombrero's just because
-Blink 182

[This message has been edited by jch82 (edited 05-03-2001).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2001 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a set for sure. LMK whenever you decide to start producing them.

MM

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2001 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jch82:
So how exactly do they mount on the door panels? And how much do they stick out?
Josh

You mount them with 4 to 6 self tapping screws from behind your doortrim. I think 6 is better. The stick out approximately 3". I found at first I hit my foot on them getting in but soon got unconsiously used to them being there.

Ok now an update.
There seems enough interest to go ahead with this project and I have spent 6 hours today working out the exact logistics and exact costs of it all including: manufacture costs, transport viability and costs, payment methods and probably more things than I needed to investigate.

My initial estimates on transport costs was way out and I had not allowed for transaction costs for payments.

But to keep pricing down I absorbed the extra costs and have only added the transaction fee to enable me to process orders online.

The pods will be for sale as described earlier in this thread.

I will start production on them in approximately 14 days from now and will take pre orders now via e-mail.

Do not send credit card details but only a delivery address, contact details and full name.

When the first batch are ready for shipping all people who have ordered them will be notified by e-mail and given a URL to go to to process their credit card payment.

Within 1 full business day of receiving your order confirmation and credit card details your pods will be shipped by a reputable international shipping firm (DHL Worldwide Express) and you will receive a tracking number to trace your order online.

DHL informed me that it will take 3 working days, up to 5 in any extreme cases or locations for the pods to arrive at your door from mine, anywhere in the USA. Other countries can be shipped too as well but will be quoted only when required. Saves me trying to give a list of prices for every country.

I also looked into any possible taxes payable at your USA end on the USA customs website (what a hard site to get info from) and it appears if you did get hit for tax, which is very unlikely due to the package cost it will cost you 2.5%. That is from my investigations but I do recommend you confirm that yourself.

I felt using a reputable online payment company and a reputable shipping company would was the best way to do this to make the delivery process very streamlined and efficient. Yes it did work out a little dearer but I think it is worth it for yours and my own peace of mind.

The cost of the pods is now $67.50 US a pair, delivered to your door anywhere in the USA. $7.50 more than my initial estimates but I wanted to provide good service as well as good pods. Not give you headaches with uncertain payment methods and no way of knowing where your pods are after payment.

People already interested on this thread will be notified by e-mal individually to confirm their pre orders.
Thanks for the interest and be watching out soon for a new Fiero bodykit that I have now found I can export to the USA for an excellent price. Stay tuned!

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2001 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Count Me IN!!! I might want 2 sets
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2001 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
AusFiero,
Put me in for a set, they look KickA$$. Thanks

Rob

------------------
qwikgta@yahoo.com
88 T-Top coupe http://robsfieroproject.homestead.com/index.html http://vafiero.com

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 05-04-2001).]

PFF
System Bot
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2001 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Very nice!

Not sure if I'll buy a set anytime soon, but will consider it.

So, how often do you get up to 190 mph?

------------------
sqoach@yahoo.com

84 SE (project car?)
85 Coupe (parts car)
86 SC (daily driver)

RiceCooker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2001 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RiceCookerSend a Private Message to RiceCookerDirect Link to This Post
check the pic again sqoach - it's 190 kph

But it's probably been buried a couple times, eh

Those speaker pods look great. I have some custom 6x9's in my doors maybe i will get those pods for my next car

KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2001 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
i got no money right now, but if you deside to start making these E-Mail me! physcokyle@aol.com
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2001 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Wow, less then $70 for handmade fiberglass enclosures? Hell of a deal, folks. Get while the gettings good, cuz I can't see how Aus Fiero is going to ake a thin dime off of these. This is pure Mother Theresa style charity here. Hmmmm, I may have to ditch the map pockets and get me some seperates.
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2001 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RiceCooker:
check the pic again sqoach - it's 190 kph

Doh!

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2001 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Ok response is good. even my local stereo installation guy wants some as they will fit lots of different cars.

Anyone have any ideas for other speaker locations in Fieros. I might make them too.
How does 6X9 speaker housings for behind the seats sound mounted down near floor level?

Could incorporate another handy little storage area into them to?

Throw some ideas at me. If I am tooling up for this project I might as well do others.

Am also considering releasing my centre console sub box as a kit. You would get all the cutout pieces and instructions on how to assemble and upholster it. This I think I could keep really cheap as shipping it flat in pieces as a kit saves big bucks.

So anyone interested in that project just yell and I will work out a cost.

BAM-BAM

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2001 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMDirect Link to This Post
I am very interested in the center console sub enclosure. I was going to attempt one myself, but if you can produce yours at an affordable cost, I'll scrap that idea. Let me know how much.

Peace, B2 OUT!

P.S. Will it accommodate a 10"???

------------------
Knowledge is POWER!
That is why the ignorant remain Weak!

85Josh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2001 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85JoshSend a Private Message to 85JoshDirect Link to This Post
I really like the behind-the-seats 6x9 idea, and anything to do with extra storage helps(I'm a packrat that likes to be prepared for anything). Post anything you decide to do, and I'll keep an eye out for your posts, as always!

------------------
85 2M4(Lil' Bit)

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2001 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
I like the idea of the "behind the seat" boxes. Please keep me in mind when you go into developement.

Roy

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2001 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
I really like your pods, I'd order them instantly if I had some cash, but things are tight right now. I also really like the idea of the kit, that'd also allow for customization so we wouldn't all have the same ol' box

Here's an idea I've been pondering lately. Since the first four or five inches of the area in front of the seat aren't used (by me anyway) I was planning on making a pod to hold some speakers there. It would be triangular looking at it from the side, with flats towards the seat and floor, and a 45 degree angle pointing towards the dash. With a 4" speaker for midrange (room for two if ya want) and a couple tweeters in each, this would really add to the "equality" of the bass, mid, and high end. Obviously quality wouldn't be as good as other setups, but this would be completely removable without leaving any traces of installation. It would also be very easy to install, just a few bolts/nuts. This is a project I was going to tackle in the far-future when I do my stereo, but since the drivetrain comes first, and the bodywork second, I figured I should share this idea and see what you folks think.

So, what do you think?

Bryce
88 GT

PFF
System Bot
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2001 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Two reasons for this post one I miss seeing flames on threads.
And two. I like the speaker enclosures but isn't there a company that makes these already? I know I've seen similar at BestBuy and other audio shops. Would ones designed for the doors on a F Body work?
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post05-05-2001 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Uaana:
I like the speaker enclosures but isn't there a company that makes these already? I know I've seen similar at BestBuy and other audio shops. Would ones designed for the doors on a F Body work?

Q-Logic makes some universal fit pods but only for 5 1/4" size, not very deep ones either. Kinda hard to find, too, but they are obtainable. Cost is about the same. Made outa plastic.

Cheever2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2001 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever2Send a Private Message to Cheever2Direct Link to This Post
Nachco, that sounds fine, but would they be fastened somehow to the seat, allowing them to slide with the seat adjustments? Or would they just be mounted to the floor at the point where the seats are at their most forward position? Another possibility is to always have the seats all the way back, and not allow any forward motion.

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2001 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Cheever,

Well, for my car I always have it almost all the way back. I was planning on making them about one inch forward of my seat, so that would allow the seat to go about two inches forward from the rear-most setting. For a production piece, I figured we could mount it to the seat, possibly between the seat-track mounts. I will look at my car today and see if this is feasible, and if so where/how to do it. So, it could be done either way. I'll get back to ya in a while and let you know more of my thoughts

Bryce
88 GT

87GTjoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2001 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTjoeSend a Private Message to 87GTjoeDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a set.Just tell me when and where to send payment...Joe

------------------

flyntus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2001 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusDirect Link to This Post
The speaker panels are great. Where did you get the carbon fiber for the shiftplate & dash?
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2001 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by flyntus:
The speaker panels are great. Where did you get the carbon fiber for the shiftplate & dash?

The carbom fibre is actually a stick on replica. Took 2 rolls to do my interior and cost me about $30 US to do it. Oh and many hours of stretching cutting and removing air bubbles to get it right. Stuff I used is made by a local Aussie company but I am sure you must have similar stuff there.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock