Started on: 04-15-2001 04:00 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Phil on 04-16-2001 09:57 PM
batboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2001 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
It's alive! I've brought the beast back to life. Got the license plate tags and insurance caught back up, ($$$) so I tinkered around on it this weekend in between other projects. Of my 3 extra batteries, only one would hold a charge. Changed a leaking valve cover gasket on the ol' 350 and fixed the exhaust manifold donut leak. Did a few other repairs that I had been putting off, then cleaned it up a little (interior was a mess).

Considering I haven't drove it since maybe last November and that motor is dang near wore out, it fired up fairly easily. Ran a little rough and grumbled for a while until it warmed up good. Looks like it's still burning a little oil (smoking a bit under load), but at least all of the leaks are under control now.

Just got back from a little Easter Sunday cruise, since the weather if fine today. Had the Sunroof open, windows down, and the stereo blasting. SWEET! Almost forgot how much fun my little Batmobile was to drive. Nothing like a V8 noisily rumbling a few inches from your backside.

------------------
BATBOY
1985 SE auto with 350 Chevy V8 (Batmobile),
suspension mods, lowered, GA brakes, battery
relocated up front, stereo mods, etc...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2001 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post

got pics!?

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2001 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
V8 Fiero.
Got Cubes?

It's a great feeling, huh? I just got my beast running after it was broken down for 2 weeks, and that was after only having her running for a week after putting a new clutch in (down for a few more weeks waiting on parts). Yea, it's a great feeling and summer is almost here!!

Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2001 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
When ya gonna get that built 350 in there? It'll be a freakin' monster when ya get that beast in there!
batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2001 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
It's a real shame, huh. I've had a 1988 Z-28 roller 350 short block built for well over a year now. TRW forged flattop pistons, bored 0.030", decked, reconditioned truck rods, crank turned and straightened, balanced, Comp Cams 270 roller cam and roller lifters, true roller timing set, etc... Just need to find a good pair of high performance aluminum heads to finish it off the top end. First it was not enough money, now it's not enough time. Hopefully, one of these days...

Oh, so you wanna see pics. The old timers used to get tired of me posting pics all the time of my raggity ol' Batmobile (haha). Check out my website if you really MUST to see more.

http://sites.netscape.net/batboybain/batmobile

[This message has been edited by batboy (edited 04-15-2001).]

Galen
No longer registered
Report this Post04-15-2001 05:47 PM   Send a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Batty, sweet hehe..

------------------
Galen - 1988 Hawaiian Orchid Coupe - My Fiero Website
Spinrpg.com - Free URL & e-mail Forwarding

BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2001 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
Hey Bat,

Nice to see a post from one of the charter members. Rough winter here, but my swap should be finished any day now. LOL. Nice to see the famous Batmobile again.

Bill

batboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2001 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Bengal buddy! You ain't a kidding about it being a long and crappy winter. If I remember right, you're installing a 3800 V6 in your beast, right. I have a 3800 in my 98 Grand Prix and really I love it. Has to be the best V6 made in the U.S.A. Are you going supercharged?
BENGAL4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2001 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BENGAL4Send a Private Message to BENGAL4Direct Link to This Post
Hey Bat,

Yes it will be supercharged. Didn't here from the shop doing the work today. Having ECM problems. Seems the newer,(97 and up),are alot harder to bypass sensors. Hence the computer thinks the car is being stolen so it shuts the engine off. They are putting a 95 ECM in it and this should solve the problem. LOL. I will be posting pics when it is finished.

Bill

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2001 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
You could post your mental pics(I'm sure you have them).

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock