Started on: 03-06-2001 11:10 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: StuGood on 03-07-2001 07:29 PM
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2001 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I made this elaboate so that people could use it on their websites. If you want to use it on a website then feel free to.

1. Find a pattern that you want for your tail lights, circles, bats, little fieros, etc. You need to cover the majority of the actual tailight with vinyl or else it will look like the tail lights are broken out.
2. Remove the tail light buckets (2). There should be three long screws in the top that you remove with a phillips screw driver.
3. Carefully disassemble the tail light buckets with a medium sized flat head screw driver and a lot of patience. The buckets have snap clips holding them together that break easily, there is also a lot of weather stripping inside so BE CAREFUL.
**If you do happen to break a clip then glue it back together with a very strong glue and put some sealant around it**
4. Remove the Red and White inserts. While your at it go ahead and clean the inside of the tail light lense real good, its going to be A LOT more visible. Do not use anything with ammonia, this could cause the vinyl to not stick properly and make the whole project a failure.
5. Go to an Automotive Vinyl shop, or a Vinyl Sign maker and get them to put the vinyl on in one of three ways.
A. Your chosen pattern on the outside. Make it go up over the black plastic some for a flush factory look. Light shines through dimly.
B. On the inside only. This lets light shine through some more, especially on the outer edges. This would be the worst one to do.
C. Both A and B together, no light shines through. This is by far the best way to go.
6. Go to an Automotive Off-Road shop, A Catalog such as J.C. Whitney, or a Customizing shop and get Red tail lights. The outside ones have to be red to make it not so noticeable to law enforcement, the 2 in between the red and white can be Amber or Red, and the inside 2 need to be Reverse lights in White or Super White.
7. Buy weather stripping, sealant, etc. whatever works for you best and put it in the crackes where the two assemblies go together.
8. Clip all the clips and onc together further repair any damaged ones.
9. Replace the tail light bulbs with the red ones.
10. Put the tailights back in and screw down.
Price Estimates:
1 phillips screwdriver $1.00
1 flathead screwdriver $1.00
6 new tailights $6.00
Inside Vinyl $10.00
Outside Vinyl $10.00
Sealant $2.00
Glue (if needed) $1.00
Max Price: $40.00 (varies with local prices)
Min Price: $20.00

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
My7Fieros

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2001 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
11. add uncle bens
BN Boomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2001 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BN BoomerSend a Private Message to BN BoomerDirect Link to This Post
Oh my God! Please, please tell me that somewhere someone isn't ricing out a Fiero with those clear lenses. Might as well get a V-TECH to go along with them.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2001 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
havent we had this rice discussion a million times.... these are in no way making my car look like its faster, in fact, I've never had anyone say anything negative about them in person, they shine red like normal fieros, they look ALOT better then normal fiero tailights (IMHO), and they arent like normal clear tailights, you cant see the bulbs, they shine very distinctly red, and they look like factory mustang tail lights (the deep look). This is all in my opinion, Im not flaming, and I dont mind the rice comments!!
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2001 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post

Formula

5339 posts
Member since Jul 99

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2001 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post

Formula

5339 posts
Member since Jul 99
and here are my middle, and before pics of them.....the clear ones look the best!

danny boy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2001 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for danny boySend a Private Message to danny boyDirect Link to This Post
Ive seen them. They look good.

BN Boomer, let me guess, You're one of those guys that lost a race to an Import and now you have to talk sh*t to feel good about yourself.

TwisT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2001 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TwisTClick Here to visit TwisT's HomePageSend a Private Message to TwisTDirect Link to This Post
Here we go with the rice crap again! PEOPLE, GET OVER IT!!! The rice thing is getting old. Every person here who does ANYTHING to modify their Fiero in this forum ends up getting "riced" by the "anti-ricers," no matter how UNRICEY it may be.

Now, if it's a GReddy-sticker covered, silly-ass wing wearin', "I've got a Sony Playstation in my center console," grape-fruit shooting, slammed-so-low it's scrapin' kind of Fiero, then by all means, RICE 'EM!!! But ricing a guy just because he modifies his tailights to look better? GIVE ME A BREAK! Just because some modifications are popularized on "ricers" doesn't mean they are ineffective or "stupid" be used on American cars, or for that matter, exotics. Anyone into car customizing knows this. Not flaming here, just want people to wake up a bit.

That being said, nice job Formula, I like the effect. Definately better than the stockers IMHO. Makes me wonder how effective it could be done on fastback tail lights...

Brett

StuGood

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2001 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StuGoodSend a Private Message to StuGoodDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking of oating-out my car. Kind of goes against some people's grain, but it's my car, so I can do what I want with it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock