Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What is the ugliest Fiero or Fiero mod youve seen? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
What is the ugliest Fiero or Fiero mod youve seen? by My7Fieros
Started on: 09-25-2000 08:20 PM
Replies: 85
Last post by: HYPTNOTiSE on 10-02-2000 01:47 PM
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
The ugliest Fiero is anyone with me in it.

------------------

SC 3800

IP: Logged
BellaFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BellaFieroSend a Private Message to BellaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Incidentally, I say Bad Form to you Hypnotise. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, or maybe it's an inside joke, but those cars? I think those BELONG to Fiero5... I think those are his pride, his collection, and I think your last post just completely dissed them. Seriously... Bad Form. Even if they aren't Fiero5's cars, they belong to someone...
...this next comment isn't directed at Hypnotise, so don't flame me man, but this is bad business right here, boys and girls. It's going to get alot of feelings hurt, and alot of pride will get tarnished. Flames will fly. Your talking about different cultures, different styles, regional attitudes, ethnic backgrounds... this could get ugly very fast.
HYPTNOTiSE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
User Banned

Report this Post09-27-2000 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HYPTNOTiSEClick Here to visit HYPTNOTiSE's HomePageSend a Private Message to HYPTNOTiSEDirect Link to This Post
OH man sorry fiero5, i didn't know those were your cars. I appologise for any feelings hurt, but i was just stating my opinion
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Yup! Those are a couple of our babies )

------------------

the need for speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the need for speedSend a Private Message to the need for speedDirect Link to This Post
flamer
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BellaFiero:
But I prefer my Fi-Air-O scoops, my tinted windows, my booming bass, my Kameleon CD player over the stock radio, the 6x9s under the dash, my polished aluminum black cherry –automatic- shifter ( with shift button cleverly disguised in the top ! Woohoo! Good for ten HP gain! ), black cherrry / wine paint job, my neon interior kit, my underbody neon kit, the Cobra Mini Jet hood scoop up front, my Custom sail panels with a blood-red Pegasus proudly proclaiming it’s Jayse’s Bella Donna, my Trans Am Ram Air racing stripes that vorpal the hood, and my…

man, you gotta post pics!!!

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

BellaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BellaFieroSend a Private Message to BellaFieroDirect Link to This Post
I will! Soon! I swear! Over the last weekend, it's been raining every day! Grrr and stuff! I swear, I go to grab the camera, and a rain cloud comes up. but here in Illinois, we're supposed to be having good weather for the next few days, so I'll be sure to get pics. Good ol' Wolf Camera will put them on CD for me, and I'll post them up here ASAP. I was a little hesitant at first, alot of the purists and what not WILL scoff at my car, but... then I figured, it's MY car... I didn't BUILD IT for anyone but ME.

And that concludes today's lesson

80's BOY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 340
User Banned

Report this Post09-27-2000 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 80's BOYSend a Private Message to 80's BOYDirect Link to This Post
i'll admit i had my feelings hurt after seeing the pictures of the Mercury cruiser. my interior looks EXACTLY like that without the cheesy console and gages. the outside was kinda ugly, and it DID resemble a boat in many ways, but it has a V8 and i don't so props to the guy that did it. as for me posting pics of my custom targa top and interior, honestly i'm scared to death to put them on here now!!!! i have a white car with slanted yellow lines and the rear of the car checkered black and white wrapping around to the rear deck lid from the doors back. custom targa, white and yellow seats with a grant black/yellow wheel. i just bought that cool security kit where you take the wheel off and lock the center cap on the column. i was so excited to share all these pics with you guys and now i'm hesitant to do so. just remember that everyone's got their own bag, and people shouldn't be scolded just because they do something to their cars that they like. let's all remember that there is a fine line between subtle mods and god-awful ugly mods that alot of people do not follow. some of those cars were really overdone in my opinion.
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
80's Boy,

Who care what people think... post em'. I've got a bone stock 87 GT that's factory Bubble Gum blue. Some people think that Fieros should only be Balck or Red. Who cares? I like blue. We may not prefer your color combination but different strokes for different folks! I would like to see your targa top.

Roy

HugGRRRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HugGRRRFieroClick Here to visit HugGRRRFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to HugGRRRFieroDirect Link to This Post
80's boy,

I hope I didn't offend you. I was just saying that the car mrfixit was talking about had a Mercruiser engine in it (actually it's a unique and neat idea, and the thought of making it into an amphibious vehicle would be "cool" and very unique too).

Whether you post pictures of your car or not, you shouldn't be ashamed to post them. It's your car, make it yours, it's what customizing is all about. If I was worried about what others think of my Fiero, it would have been just another plain ol'black and 84 2M4 SE. I hope I didn't offend anyone with a plain ol'black and 84 2M4 SE.

<zips up fire suit just in case>

This thread is starting to unravel in a hurry. I hope it doesn't start World War Thread Three! It's all fun and games until someone's car gets poked fun at.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
I saw a Countach replica once that was for sale and it had been used in a few movies too. It was able to drive right into the water, as it had been designed to be air tight and float. It must have had a boat motor or some way to move once it's wheels lost contact. I will try and find the pic and post it. That was my favorite Kit car if I was to get one. Imagine going to the beach, and then just driving it right into the water and cruising around with the boats!!
Steve
PFF
System Bot
HugGRRRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HugGRRRFieroClick Here to visit HugGRRRFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to HugGRRRFieroDirect Link to This Post
Now that you say that, I remember a Countach that was in one of those "Cannon Ball Run" movies. I remember there was one scene (bridge was out or something) and it skipped across the water and to the other side of the small river! I wonder if that's the same car!
DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning to keep my GT appearing fairly stock.. on the outside at least.

(I want to scrap the entire interior... I hate the fiero dash and gauges.. heheh)

as for the exterior, however, I would like 17" wheels.. a 1" drop.. tinted windows.. IRM sidescoops.. tom's decklid scoop.. custom hood scoops (based on corvette stingray side vents) low profile popup headlights, front airdam, driving lights, brighter tail light bulbs.. and *possibly* a VERY small and unobtrusive windshield banner.....

I think that's it.. I'm hoping it will look cool yet conservative enough that no one will think it's ugly.

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

KitKar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitKarClick Here to visit KitKar's HomePageSend a Private Message to KitKarDirect Link to This Post
Personally I don't like stock fiero's. Or much anything else stock for that matter. So no matter how ugly a mod is, I think it is cool that somebody did it. At least they wanted to do something different.
Same thing with the ricers. I question their choice of cars to modify, but at least they are doing something to improve their cars. Be it appearance or performance. So what if those combat wings aren't functional. They are different and look cool.
Oh yeah, Fiero5's cars look cool too. Too stock for me, but at least he did something to improve them.
Ok, I will step off my soap box now.

------------------
Rick Lord
Webmaster
http://www.KitKar.com

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
oops..

[This message has been edited by DaRkLoRD (edited 09-27-2000).]

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

DaRkLoRD

7001 posts
Member since Feb 99

Originally posted by KitKar:
but at least they are doing something to improve their cars. Be it appearance or performance.

I don't think this counts as an improvement...

in fact most true Ricer mods don't improve performance, OR appearance..

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

Seanh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanhSend a Private Message to SeanhDirect Link to This Post
When I was in Ogden UT last year. Parked in the Wal-Mart parking lot was a Blue 8?GT. He had done a bad job masking it off and painted it with what looked like common spray paint. The ground effects on it were painted yellow. From a distance it looked really good, but up close you could see his mistakes. It would look really cool IMO if he either did a better job painting it, or had it professionally painted. He had those Pep-boys leater seat overs on it and a woodgrain dash. I actually really like the car overall. The only fault was the bad masking job. Blue with Yellow ground effects looks great IMO.

------------------
Sean Heberly
Silver 86 GT 2.8
Killer Stereo System

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Lighten up people, dont start any flame wars. Be concious of criticizing forum members cars as well. This was simply meant as a light hearted discussion. Dont let it get out of hand, and if someone does bad mouth your car, blow it off. Everyone has the right to their own opinion.

---------------
"Always remember there are three kinds of people in the world.....those who can count, and those who cant."

[This message has been edited by My7Fieros (edited 09-27-2000).]

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
How can you say stickers improve a car? No flaming intending, but I just want to know. Does it add 15 Hp or something (j/k - lol)
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
"How can you say stickers improve a car?"

Isn't the style/look of the car one of the things that makes it special? What makes sports cars turn heads at first? The first impression is the look. No, the graphics don't give me hore HP or help me go faster, but when you are cruising down main street, it's not the extra horse power that turns the heads at 35 miles an hour, it's the LOOK!
Just my thoughts :o)
Steve

Seanh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanhSend a Private Message to SeanhDirect Link to This Post
That movie your talking about it called "Speed Zone" and I am pretty sure that is the fiero your talking about. I probally shouldnt have posted about that car I saw in UT under this topic because by no means did I try to hint that is and ugly car. I know there is someone on this Forum from Ogden UT, might even be his car. I really love the color choice, but the masking job has room for improvment and I do know how dificult masking correctly is.

------------------
Sean Heberly
Silver 86 GT 2.8
Killer Stereo System

PFF
System Bot
StuGood

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2000 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StuGoodSend a Private Message to StuGoodDirect Link to This Post
Saddest-looking Fiero I ever saw was at a gas station here in Wichita, several years ago. I was driving by, and the owner(?) was filling it up. It might have been a 1988, because it was yellow.

...and the thing was melted down. Engine fire, I assumed. Poor thing looked like a dripping cheeseburger.

BTW, I apologize for my earier remark about the Fiero pickup. I'm probably just jealous, because whoever owns that one can drive to the lumber yard in a Fiero, but I can't!

BBBAD GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2000 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BBBAD GTSend a Private Message to BBBAD GTDirect Link to This Post
I'll give you guys a little info on the Mercruiser Fiero, because I just met the guy a couple weeks ago.

He does work for the boat industry (big around here in southern Illinois), and its obvious what his intent was. That Mercruiser motor is straight out of a boat, and runs great. He did something I've never seen, and thats running a 4cyl waterpump basically where the AC compressor was, and not haveing to cut anything. That takes some time and effort to do, and I give him the highest kuddos for having the patients for it. He's a really nice guy also, and I hope to go to other shows with him.

I know not everyone on here is intentionally putting down other owners Fieros, but please maybe think before you post. Its the old "treat people how you want people to treat you" saying that I'm thinking of.

------------------

BBBAD V8

BBBAD GT

BBBAD 5.0

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2000 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
One reason I add graphics to some of them, is that when you see a bunch of "plain" Fieros together, none of them really stand out. I still love the look of an "original" Fiero, which is why only a few of mine are done up like they are.
I am sure that is why many customize their Fiero and add mods. It is to make it unique, their own and to make it stand out above the crowd and really get noticed!
I drive my plain Fieros around alot too, but I don't get a fraction of the response I get when driving one like my Fiero5 for example.

------------------

Pontiaddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2000 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiaddictSend a Private Message to PontiaddictDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I don't like red/gray Fiero fastbacks with those turbo scoops on them.

--------------------

Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
Darn spaces in photo names.......

[This message has been edited by Robert (edited 09-29-2000).]

Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post

Robert

433 posts
Member since May 99
Pimpmobile mod?

Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post

Robert

433 posts
Member since May 99
Now I see how we get so many multiple messages

[This message has been edited by Robert (edited 09-29-2000).]

2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm not a big fan of large graphics but, I have to saw that Fiero5s Fieros would catch and hold my eye!!
Darklord, I want to see pics when you're done...hehe.
I like the stock look of the Fiero, it's timeless, I remember one Fiero owner who said" it will always look like a new car" he was of course spaeking of the body design. I agree.

I have to give props to the mercruiser guy, now that's customization.
Imagine what the first guy to put a sbc in his Fiero had to go through, I get deathtrap comments with only my stock 2.8.

No one should feel ashamed of the work they've done to their cars. Only be ashamed if you don't treat it with respect!!!

OK....I'm done now.

Sorry for the long post.

------------------
Jeff
85GT

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post09-29-2000 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2xsess:
I have to give props to the mercruiser guy, now that's customization

Pun intended? hehe

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robert:
Pimpmobile mod?

Yep.. that's it.....

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com

PFF
System Bot
2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessDirect Link to This Post
OK, I have to withdraw me previous statement, that is one butt ugly car that Pimpmobile thing!! gawd I vomited all over my keyboard!!

------------------
Jeff
85GT

StuGood

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StuGoodSend a Private Message to StuGoodDirect Link to This Post
Fiero5, I kind of like that deep red car with the white graphics ! It's not for me (I wouldn't own it myself), but it looks pretty good. It'd be easy to find in a big parking lot, too !

It's kind of like how I feel about the new Beetles and PT Cruisers - they're distinctive - I don't want one, but I like seeing them around.

[This message has been edited by StuGood (edited 09-30-2000).]

rockcrawl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlDirect Link to This Post
The pimpmobile is a Zimmer Quicksilver. Definately different! It's a "kit car" from the 80's. I beleive they were only made for 4 or 5 years.

I still think the red/white Fiero 5 looks great.

------------------
Jon Lagler
'86 GT 3800 (for sale)
'87 GT (noisey 2.8)
4.9 liter V8 Testarossa Spyder (under construction)

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
"Fiero5, I kind of like that deep red car with the white graphics ! It's not for me (I wouldn't own it myself), but it looks pretty good. It'd be easy to find in a big parking lot, too !"

"I still think the red/white Fiero 5 looks great."

Thanks everyone. I kinda like her too :o)
BTW: The coolest Fiero mod I have seen lateley was the Indy fastback GT at the Rutland MA 2000 show.
That was pretty cool! Check it out.

------------------

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Psssst.... Don't tell anybody. In the unlikely event that you happen to run across a Zimmer in a wrecking yard...
They had power steering. Ssshhhhhh!

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula T-Top
88 Coupe (soon to receive transplant.)
88 "pretzeled" Formula

Out of my mind.
Back in five minutes.

gkozlov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gkozlovClick Here to visit gkozlov's HomePageSend a Private Message to gkozlovDirect Link to This Post
Its only a matter of time before we start on big racing stripes and whaletail spoilers. Well, I like them.

------------------

GKozlovs Fiero Site

[This message has been edited by gkozlov (edited 09-29-2000).]

Pontiaddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiaddictSend a Private Message to PontiaddictDirect Link to This Post
I kinda like the Zimmer. I need a blue one to go with my Fedora with the big feather in it though.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Here is a nice updated pic of Fiero2 from the Rutland 2000 FOCONE fall Fiero show.

------------------

Pontiaddict

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiaddictSend a Private Message to PontiaddictDirect Link to This Post
I was trying to remember where I had seen that Gator hood before.

And then, it hit me.

If you take the headlight things out and paint them, it kinda changes the prospective of things. Doesn't it?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock