Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  International Research Motorsports (IRM)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

International Research Motorsports (IRM) by Ralph
Started on: 08-31-2000 05:50 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Monkeyman on 09-05-2000 11:31 PM
Ralph

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2000 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RalphClick Here to visit Ralph's HomePageSend a Private Message to RalphDirect Link to This Post
Only to anyone interested.....
I have seen some chatter about IRM. They are still in business. Since they are very close to my location I decided to find out. Yep, they sure are. As a matter of fact it only took two days to get a catalog from them and it is loaded. They even included a couple of photos because I was inquiring about quarter panel scoops.
They are located in Rockville, Maryland (in the DC suburbs) Ph 301-948-3301 or 800-367-8423. I am neither endorsing or recommending this company. Merely providing information.

------------------

Ralph

[This message has been edited by Ralph (edited 08-31-2000).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2000 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88formulaClick Here to visit 88formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88formulaDirect Link to This Post
I checked out there web-site and found out that they sell a turbo kit for the fiero. It costs about $2900 for the manual and $2600 for the automatic transmissions. I thought that Design One was the only one that sold a turbo kit. http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lane/1588/quickcat.html

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2000 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I have heard that the IRM turbo is the Design One kit.
All hearsay, mind you.

I am glad to hear that they are still in business. Bought a few things from them in the past. They seem like good folks.
Thought that Jim's health problems might be a show stopper. Thankfully, that wasn't the case.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula T-Top
88 Coupe (ISO big V-6)

Out of my mind.
Back in five minutes.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-31-2000).]

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2000 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
Ralph, where in Baltimore do you live? I would have emailed you but you blocked it apparently. How long have you had your yellow formula? I think I have seen it before. And yes the IRM turbo is the design one kit....

Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2000 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post

Black88GT

4271 posts
Member since May 2000
Ralph, where in Baltimore do you live? I would have emailed you but you blocked it apparently. How long have you had your yellow formula? I think I have seen it before. And yes the IRM turbo is the design one kit....

------------------
Jeff
'88 GT t-top 3.4
Baltimore, MD

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2000 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88formula:
I checked out there web-site... http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lane/1588/quickcat.html

That isn't actually their site. Someone was just kind enough to scan their catalog and make it into a site. I doubt it's up to date. I would suggest calling them directly and asking for a newly revised catalog.

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 09-01-2000).]

ThatRickGuy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2000 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatRickGuyClick Here to visit ThatRickGuy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ThatRickGuyDirect Link to This Post
Ralph, do you have an exact address? I'm just a little south of DC, and I'd love to get a catalog from them if not check out the store. BTW, were they the people who made the Fi-air-O scoops? (like the indy scoop, except it was 2 seperate scoops on either side of the rear deck)
Ralph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2000 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RalphClick Here to visit Ralph's HomePageSend a Private Message to RalphDirect Link to This Post
Rick,
IRM's address.......
18100 Cashell Road
Rockville, MD 20853

Originally posted by ThatRickGuy:
Ralph, do you have an exact address? I'm just a little south of DC, and I'd love to get a catalog from them if not check out the store. BTW, were they the people who made the Fi-air-O scoops? (like the indy scoop, except it was 2 seperate scoops on either side of the rear deck)

------------------

Ralph

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2000 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I just got off of the phone with Barbara @ IRM. She said that her husband is doing better and that they will go out of business when (and if) she ever dies. She said that she's a little behind in her work (to be expected) but she's still there. Their email addy is: irmfiero@aol.com in case any one is interested.

I inquired about a real website for them. She said that she doesn't know enough about it to make it happen and doesn't have the time. I asked if she would consider a site if someone else did it for her (and kept it maintained) for cheap. She said that she and her husband would consider it. I know that there are some mighty smart (computer literate) members out there in her neck of the woods. If anyone is interested in supporting a site for IRM, please email her directly. Most of the other major part players have a site. IRM should too, IMHO. Surely someone can help her out???

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2000 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
Monkeyman: I don't have email access at the moment (I'm working on that though.. hopefully by the end of the week) but I think I'd be able to help them out! In fact, I'd love to... I'd really appreciate it if you could let them know I'm interested in helping them get online (for a very reasonable price).. thanks a million..

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2000 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I'd be happy to email them tomorrow. I'll try to scan the business cards you sent (including the one for the motel thing--I'm still waiting on an answer for that one). If nothing else, I'll send them your site addy and email address.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock