Started on: 06-16-2000 09:10 AM
Replies: 26
Last post by: Monkeyman on 06-28-2000 11:07 PM
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2000 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post

More info to follow. BTW--These aren't mine, but I think I'll do them. Pretty cool idea.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DXR_DAD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2000 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
THANKS MONKEY!!!

This is easy, the only trick to it is
finding long enough screws to mount the
lights, (2) on each light just like
some front turn signals on many cars

I had to use extentions = a 2 1/2"L
hex with a screw on one end and a threaded
hole on the other end, I think it was
8-32. You need this much to mount because
the steel/frame in about 2" in (deep) from
the facsia!

It looks like many cars have the lights that would work I don't remember the name brand of the lights off hand I got them from Grand Auto.

I hope this helps.

DXR_DAD

[This message has been edited by DXR_DAD (edited 06-16-2000).]

87ECO5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2000 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87ECO5Send a Private Message to 87ECO5Direct Link to This Post
Those look good!

Monkey, after doing this mod, you could take it one step further and mist them to match the body color (like your tail lights).

fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2000 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post
DXR_DAD: I'm gonna do that mod as soon as I get my paint job. I was wondering if these lights have frames around them, that would be easier to mount them and cover up spaces. I'm going to NAPA or Checker Auto to find some. Does anyone know stuff about wiring? I want to wire some new backup lights to the originals and have them work at the same time. How would I wire this? Thanks.
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2000 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
ANY TRAILER BACK-UP LIGHTS WILL BE EASY
TO INSTALL, THEY ARE MADE TO HOOK RIGHT UP TO YOUR BACK-UPS. NO FRAMES, THE SCREWS GO THROUGH THE LENS. JUST LOOK AT SOME CARS TURN SIGNAL THIS IS THE TYPE OF LIGHT YOU WANT. THEY ARE MADE THE SAME AS THE FRONT TURN SIGNALS ON THE FIERO!

DXR_DAD

sorry for the caps.

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2000 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Scott--Good idea! It'll probably be a couple of years until the Grape Ape gets repainted, but I'll definitely have them misted then. I hope the painter/body shop is good at misting the taillights/etc. I have a hole in one of mine so I'll need to do another set before then.
dogtired

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2000 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dogtiredSend a Private Message to dogtiredDirect Link to This Post
From the other thread, I think I know what the other thing is that MM FORGOT??

I really like this IDEA, also think they would look GREAT with the Tail-light stickers that MM Has??

MM is it a tail-light lens of yours that has a hole in it??? Let me know, if so I have one for you.

lowCG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2000 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowCGSend a Private Message to lowCGDirect Link to This Post
I like the exhaust tips,where did those come from do you know?
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Thanks lowCG

Those tips were a gift from my son. He got them from one of the local speed shops.

I think Super X sell this brand or some
very close.

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
OOhhhh Yeaaaa!!!!That's what I'm talking about!!!! Looks great..I guess thats one more mod to add to the list.
fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2000 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post
DXR_DAD: Do you remember the other cars with the same size back-up lights that will fit in this space? I went on napaonline.com, and they have a lot of fiero parts, and probably other parts for many types of cars. Well, if anybody knows what kind of car that has a back-up light with the size of 4 7/8 "long, 1 3/4" wide, and no more than 1 3/4" deep. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by fropuff (edited 06-18-2000).]

PFF
System Bot
fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post
Hey, went to Checker Auto Parts (Big Wheel Rossi) yesterday, and they had no Pilot PL250 Back-Up lights. That sucks. I was wondering if anyone knows of a vehicle that has back-up lights with the sizes of 4 7/8" by 1 3/4" by 1 3/4". Does anyone? Also, does anyone know where I could also try to find these lights? They are found by the brand name of PILOT, part # PL250, Halogen 50 WATT lights. Thanks a lot. If I can't find them, I'll have to buy some more reflectors. I busted them out to measure the dimensions. That was pretty stupid of me.
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Puff, I don't have time to go by the boneyard
and look for what will fit, that is what I was going to do, but I found the PILOT"S at the parts place, But just looking at some of the older cars (80's) it looks like some of the front turn signal lights would work. Even some of the side marker/signals look like they would fit. You just need to go on the hunt!! . There's got to be a parts place that have these or has the brand.

Sorry I can't be more help, but you got all the info I have.

DXR_DAD

fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post
How come I can't delete my screwed-up posts anymore? What if I said something stupid?

[This message has been edited by fropuff (edited 06-21-2000).]

fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2000 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post

fropuff

2052 posts
Member since Jan 2000
Don't feel bad, DXR_DAD. You've been a big help to me already! I think tomorrow I'll try at U-Haul and Miller Hill Auto. If I can't find some, I might have to special order them. I'm not in a hurry at all, can't even drive 'till February. Not drivin' my newly-painted Fiero though!!!
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2000 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Bring this back to ya Puff, Here is Pilot's link. I did not see the PL-250 but I did email them. Don't give up yet!!!
http://www.pilotautomotive.com/pilotautom_lighting/pilotlights/index.htm

DXR_DAD

fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2000 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post
Good deal!! I found the new part number for the PL-250 part number. I looked all over their site and found a part number NV-803. They are called something like Pilot Navigator lights. By the way, is there a way that I can order off the site? I can't find prices or an order form. Thanks a lot.
Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2000 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

These are it..

[This message has been edited by Haze_Performance (edited 07-06-2000).]

fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2000 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post
Yep, those are the ones!!! I can't, for the life of me, find a price or an address or an order form however. I looked and the site was last updated something like 3/99, might have given up. God, I hope not. DXR_DAD told me all the facts, and those are the ones he's talking about. I also can't click on it to see all the specs. Does anyone know if Pilot Automotive Lighting is still in business?
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2000 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Yes, those are the ones!! that is the exact package, but with out the navigator name. I hope you can find them. It was just luck that I came accross then in the first place!!!
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2000 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
If anyone finds them, please let me know. If the price it right, I wouldn't mind having someone send me a set. Doesn't look like those could go for very much.
PFF
System Bot
fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2000 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post
I think I will go to the auto parts store again today. It is called Custom Concepts, and they sell Pilot Products. Before, I asked the guy at another parts store to look up the part number PL-250. I bet that's why he couldn't find them! He said that he could special order them, but couldn't find the part number. Also called another guy but no luck. I bet if I have him look up NV-803 he should find it.
fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2000 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post
I finally ordered my backup lights! It's about frickin' time! Went to Custom Concepts in Duluth, and sure enough, they could order them. $38.46 later, I had them. They should be coming the end of this week or early next week. It's about time! Now I just need a paint job.
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2000 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
ok!!!!!! Glad to hear that, see what the forum can do!

Let me know when it's done and post some pics.
Good luck

DXR_DAD

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2000 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
DAD--Are those the same lights that you used?? If so, I'll have to go out and find a set. I was hoping they were a little cheaper. $40 is a lot of $$, but then this is a cool mod, IMO!
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2000 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Thaanks Monkeyman those are the lights I have, but I don't think I paid that much, I thought is was more like $25.00 or so??? The other thing is to get a set of tail lights to get the red inserts to make the all red tail lights. The set I had was given to me but the clear lens were cracked, (not worth anything)
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2000 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
$25 sounds a little more reasonable. I'll have to start looking for them soon. I'm not sure exactly what I'll do with my tail lights. I have a custom pearlized purple paint on the Grape Ape and the tail lights are misted with the same color. I like Paul Vargas' "PONTIAC" tail light treatment and my own "FIERO" tail light treatment so I might do a combination of those. (I'll have to look into how Pauls tail light thing is wired up, though. I don't know if I can cut the back up light wires and still use his mod.) I'm sure that, when I get your back up light mod done and when I get the car repainted, I'll have the paint shop mist the new backup lights just like my tail lights.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock