Started on: 12-14-1999 08:17 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: WKDFIRO on 12-16-1999 02:00 PM
Clint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-1999 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClintClick Here to visit Clint's HomePageSend a Private Message to ClintDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know where i can get a FUNCTIONAL over the roof air intake scoop (ALA Indy fiero). This scoop on the side just drags in to much dust to suit me. (i live on a dirt road) IRM has one but they say it isn't functional. I think FOCOA had one but didn't they go out of business?

clint

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-1999 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
If you can't find one, I'm sure you could make IRMs functional. Use a Dremel tool and go very slow. How about one with twin scoops?
Clint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-1999 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClintClick Here to visit Clint's HomePageSend a Private Message to ClintDirect Link to This Post
been avoiding those. Air is supposed to come up through those vents. These push air down into the vents. I.e. you have a big area of stalled air and the engine won't cool properly.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-1999 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
amsoil and Accell make oil foam air filters. You will need to clean them, but they should solve your dust problem. (Accel only makes a 6 cyl one. Amsoil has both 6 and 4)

In high dirt environments oil foam is as good as it gets. Don't think so? when was the last time anyone here cleaned out the filter on thier Briggs & Stratton. I'll bet the thing still runs even tho it's burried in crud.

I won't use K&N in high dirt. If you study K&N's own data you'll find they let thru quite a bit of trash. K&N is only at it's best filtration when it's dirty. Oil foam on the other hand is good from clean untill plugged nearly solid.

Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-1999 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I had those scoops on my coupe a few years back! Got them through the Fiero Store (FI-AIR-O scoops), but they no longer carry. Probably because they DON'T function properly. They sure look good though!
Clint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-1999 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClintClick Here to visit Clint's HomePageSend a Private Message to ClintDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what they would look like if you moved them to the center of the deck lid and switched the right and left sides? So the air was going down the middle of the bay instead of the current vents? kind of like the Indy scoop, but with a twist? hmmm
TOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-1999 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TOMSend a Private Message to TOMDirect Link to This Post
Cool idea but you would have to build some sort of pivot like the indy scoop to be able to open the decklid
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-1999 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
What about some sort of hood pins? You know the kind with the little round key as opposed to the pin. I'll bet Tom could make something. Tom--I double dog dare you to make something!
WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-1999 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIRODirect Link to This Post
First off FOCOA is alive and well and still selling Fiero stuff! I know that they have a shelf full of them! Making them functional? That would involve cutting into the trunklid. It has been done, one of our members had it hinged at the back and would put a towl on the roof for it to rest on when the trunk lid was opened. It would be easier on a 4 cyl than a six I would think.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock