Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  The Highly Criticized 86 GT 2.8 Supercharger Build starring NYRANGER6830 (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
The Highly Criticized 86 GT 2.8 Supercharger Build starring NYRANGER6830 by nyranger6830
Started on: 04-14-2013 05:40 PM
Replies: 90
Last post by: nyranger6830 on 06-16-2013 09:41 AM
nyranger6830

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post
Just got my BOV in the mail and im a little confused about how exactly this will fit into the intercooler piping.

The BOV is made of aluminum i presume.

And the flange this guy sent is made of steel and he said that "people usually weld these into their setup"

So how the hell is that steel flange supposed to hook up to aluminum tubing? Or do I ditch the flange and just connect the BOV to the pipe? If so, how the hell do I do that! haha sorry this whole BOV thing has been confusing the crap out of me.

Thanks

------------------

Fieros......Gotta Love Em!

Dawn: My 86 GT!

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

IP: Logged
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
Be sure to go here for the ultimate blowoff valve modification

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbNxugO-uf0
arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
I imagine you would slip a rubber hose onto the bov and weld the adapter to your intake tube
nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post
Aluminum pipe and steel flange?

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post

nyranger6830

681 posts
Member since Oct 2011
Gunna guess something like this and a snap ring?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5...em1c2ed72e69&vxp=mtr

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

1fast2m4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Direct Link to This Post
your charge piping doesn't have to be aluminum but it can be. you'll need to grab an aluminum BOV fitting if you want to weld it to an aluminum charge pipe but is may be easier to use a short section of steel charge pipe 3-4" long just to get the BOV muted.

PS why are u using a BOV anyway? with a turbo setup the turbo will continue to spin even after the throttle shuts this creates a surge of extra boost, which can be blown off by the BOV. with a supercharger it's belt driven so when the throttle closes the rpms drop on @ the crank at the same rate as the blower. there wont be a rush of extra air.
DefEddie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DefEddieSend a Private Message to DefEddieDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering that myself.
Supercharger's generally have an internal bypass valve,but that isn't the same as a blowoff.
It does something similar but for different reasons,and eatons have the bypass built in.
Are you twincharging?
Never seen one on a supercharger,are you just buying parts or do you have a plan layed out?
You're kinda all over the place here with not much thought it seems.

Your using a blowoff valve in place of a bypass valve when you don't actually need either one and already have a bypass valve built in.
Your also using a divorced mount SC as a top mount,which makes zero sense unless i'm missing something.
If you got it free,sell it for a top mount.
You need to an intake adapter anyway,just chop down the existing flange on the top mount so it is narrow enough to fit and then attach your adapter.

What part am I missing? I've got everything but the time to do this but would have never thought of doing any of it this way.
Really seems like you have a great idea and started buying parts with no plan or any idea how boost even really works?

NOT saying that is what your doing,just saying give some more detail why your doing it this way to clue us in on your plan.

Personally,I would have simply divorce mounted it since it would be simplest.
Barring that,I would have sold the existing divorce mount thunderbird m90 and bought a low mileage gen3 from an L67 for $100.
Then (i'm assuming you have metal working/welding skills) chop up the mounting flange to cut it down as much as possible and then mount directly to the lower manifold with a box-type adapter between.
The hardest part would prob be adapter and accesory drive,the rest is just building an intake (took me 10m to build one with scrap metal and a spectre filter that was laying around shop).

So what is your drive for doing it this way?
Give us the rest of the details.
nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DefEddie:

I was wondering that myself.
Supercharger's generally have an internal bypass valve,but that isn't the same as a blowoff.
It does something similar but for different reasons,and eatons have the bypass built in.

First off the stock bypass valve will no longer be attached to the SC because the intake tube that came with the SC will not work for this application and I made a plate with a pipe in its place to accept outside air from the stock Fiero intake area. So I want something to help combat compressor surge and If you had actually read the thread you would see I recieved input from other members on using a BOV.

http://forums.corvetteforum...-for-procharger.html

Give that guy a read ^^^ Quote from that thread (and yes I know vortech make centrifugal superchargers):
Originally Posted by Busarider
The tech support guy from Vortech told me that if the car has a MAF that you have to use a bypass. If it doesn't you can use either bypass or BOV.
As long as a BOV is before the MAF, it doesn't matter.

Never seen one on a supercharger,are you just buying parts or do you have a plan layed out?
You're kinda all over the place here with not much thought it seems.

I appreciate the comments.

Your using a blowoff valve in place of a bypass valve when you don't actually need either one and already have a bypass valve built in.

See my earlier quote response.

Your also using a divorced mount SC as a top mount,which makes zero sense unless i'm missing something.
If you got it free,sell it for a top mount.
You need to an intake adapter anyway,just chop down the existing flange on the top mount so it is narrow enough to fit and then attach your adapter.

What exactly makes no sense about putting the SC on top? Its my car and thats where I want it.

What part am I missing? I've got everything but the time to do this but would have never thought of doing any of it this way.
Really seems like you have a great idea and started buying parts with no plan or any idea how boost even really works?

And like I said earlier I do have a plan already and If you took two seconds to read my earlier posts then you would know what im looking to do. And I do know how boost works guy. I knew this build would bring criticizim like this so I guess Ill have to get used to it.

P.S. Your not missing anything!

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post

nyranger6830

681 posts
Member since Oct 2011
So the real question is should I even worry about compressor surge at 5-7 psi and just ditch the BOV idea? I dont have to have one, I just figured id make my system safe from compressor surge.

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by nyranger6830:

So the real question is should I even worry about compressor surge at 5-7 psi and just ditch the BOV idea? I dont have to have one, I just figured id make my system safe from compressor surge.

and the answer to that is......... when you down shift does your belt slip....., I've heard '03 cobras have some belt chirp on down shifts but they are running 8-rib 2.6" pulleys and pushing over 800WHP with kenny bell blowers and under 10.5x 1/4 miles. so IMO i'd say no don't sweat it until you hear the belt slipping on down shifts.

Consentrate on getting that blower mounted as low in the valley as you can.
DefEddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2013 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DefEddieSend a Private Message to DefEddieDirect Link to This Post
Sorry,didn't mean to offend you.
I did read the whole thread,but never saw mention you were taking off the bypass valve or that a divorce mount type system needs a blowoff valve.
Maybe I missed it,I skimmed over to refresh since several posts have been added since I last looked,oops.

None of my post was meant as criticism,it was meant to ask for info cause I could not understand where your going with it and wanted to figure out a way to help with it cause it is a cool project regardless.
Thought I made that clear.

Since you got it all figured it,i'll just step off into a corner and let you do what you need to guy.
PFF
System Bot
nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post
Well after a month, it runs! Nobody said it was close to driving condition but it runs (I have no exhaust passed the o2 sensor currently):

So when I went to start it up today, It would not start unless I held my foot down on the gas pedal all the way which is indicating to me that for whatever reason it needs more air. So once it starts, I had to keep tapping the gas till it finally "caught" and stayed on. Ran at around 2000 rpm and ran very rich as indicated by the smell and my narrow-band. After a few minutes I tried pushing the gas to see how it would react but all it did was drop to 500 rpm for about 30 seconds then died. Then I started it up again doing the same thing I did the first time and it again stayed at 2000 until I noticed that one of the idler pulleys was melting on a coolant hose coming off the water pump So I turned it off and the coolant pissed out but no big deal, I can return the pulley and get a new hose.

Heres the second start up and this is were pulley destroys itself:

Things Ive done:
  • 2 BAR MAP
  • Intercooler (Not In Videos)
  • 85 ECM w/ New EPROM
  • Knock Sensor
  • EGR Delete
  • Run on 93 (Do you have to do anything for the timing?)

So the problems seem to be the following:
  1. Hard to start without hitting gas
  2. Stumbles upon startup (Like a cold condition)
  3. Runs very rich
  4. Practically dies when you hit the gas
  5. Vacuum looks low on my gauge
  6. And I obviouslly need to make a new mount for that pulley!

If you guys can help me out by giving me some insight into how to get this guy on the road, that would be awesome!

Thanks alot!

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

[This message has been edited by nyranger6830 (edited 05-31-2013).]

nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post
I went out today and changed out the parts that got messed up yesterday and I also replaced the Coolant temp sensor and nothing changed. the following still happened:

Hard to start without hitting gas
Stumbles upon startup (Like a cold condition)
Runs very rich
Practically dies when you hit the gas

So then I took the plug out of the CTS and ran fine for a good 5-10 mins and would occasionally bog down and then revive itself, but if you try to open the throttle at all it will drop from 2000 to 500 and dies. I tested the two wires from CTS to see if either were no good but they both were fine. After I did that once I really couldnt get it back alive. Multiple attempts at trying to start it with my foot all the way on the gas and will turn over for no more then 2-3 seconds and dies. I read to try and remove the MAP and see if that works so i will try it but other than that, Im out of ideas.

Anyone have suggestions?

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

bcampbell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellDirect Link to This Post
Sounds to me like you need to datalog and tune it. Sounds like the tune is way off. Why not get a chip burner and learn to tune yourself?

I'm helping a friend of mine with a similar 'build' in a 93 Sonoma but we're using a Gen II aluminum headed 3.1 and mounted the charger on the side (same charger as yours). It should be running within a week.
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Direct Link to This Post
what have you done tuning wise? where do you have your MAP sensor getting it's signal from? where to you have the Fuel pressure regulator vacuum signal routed to?

I would suggest that you make sure both of those vacuum lines are routed before the S/C and never see boost.

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96)
1985 GT 3800SC (swap in progress)

nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post
Well today I tried starting up the car and would only turn over with my foot all the way down on the gas and will stay on as long as I tap the gas. So I'm curious as to what the problem can be there but without a doubt the problem has to be air getting into the engine because the car will not start without the throttle cracked open. Confirmed getting spark and fuel. Anyone understanding this?

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

[This message has been edited by nyranger6830 (edited 06-02-2013).]

bcampbell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellDirect Link to This Post
The MAP sensor vacuum line NEEDS to be hooked up POST-SC (to the plenum) Also, I'm curious why you wouldnt hook up the FPR vac line post-SC (to the plenum). Lots of boosted Gen III guys running the stock FPR...

Sounds like the tune isn't allowing enough air in the engine via the IAC. You could change that via the tune or see what happens when you adjust the throttle stop.
nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post
Ok so with MAP and CTS changed and performing normally, I had found yet another problem. This time it was the battery voltage and the fact that the battery would run down and die everytime I let the engine run. So I decided to replace my battery for free anyway since my warranty was about to expire. Threw the battery in today and I confirmed that the battery wasn't the problem. I had guessed all along that the alternator isn't charging the battery since my previous battery was only a year old. So I decided to try taking the car out for the first time since adding the SC and Id say it was half successful. Started the car up and it hunted around 1000 -500 until i was done backing up and finally got off my driveway. Then I started to drive down the road and I had to put my foot into it much more than I would normally just to get the car down the road. I felt the car was very sluggish. I got down the road at one point and turned around because I didnt know if I would make it home due to the unpredictability of the new SC added on. So I started back home but I wanted to see what would happen if I go a little bit further, I passed my house and headed down a hill. I got to the bottom and turned around in a court and started my way back up the hill. Like when I first left my driveway, it was still hard to get any speed without putting your foot into it. But despite that, I did get up a pretty steep hill with not much of a problem at all. I got back to my driveway and by the time I got at the top, it died.

Im really not sure to take this as a positive or negative but at least I now know that the alternator is not charging the battery. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Couple of pictures:

Decklid off:

View from inside:

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post

nyranger6830

681 posts
Member since Oct 2011
Went out and ran the car again. Before I did that, I tightened up the serp belt, as it was a little loose. Ran the engine, battery had a little over 12 volts while running. Checked the case of the alternator with the positive probe and i got .05 volts. Is that enough to say theres a bad ground somewhere? Also learned that the warm idle is around 500 RPM which I feel is a little low. Noticed im getting some smoke or steam at times out of my crankcase breather filter on my firewall side valve cover.

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

[This message has been edited by nyranger6830 (edited 06-12-2013).]

zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsDirect Link to This Post
The smoke or steam is probably normal, it is blowby from the cylinders that would usually get sucked into you intake and burned, the filters stop oil vapors from escaping but maybe some still are.
nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post
*Some Updates*

Took off my blocked off EGR to replace a gasket and it was jet black on the bottom from soot. So I went ahead and pulled the O2 sensor and this is what I saw:

After I cleaned it:

I also cleaned the ground for my MSD 6A and that seemed to have taken care of the draining battery issue (FOR NOW!). Heres it running afterwards:

Somewhat better than usual but the idle hunts after about 30 seconds until it winds up dieing. My throttle stop screw was touched so im going to go through the reset procedure and get that back to normal. Took it out again and once again it backfired the entire time and I really had to put my foot into it to get it moving. I noticed the vacuum was extremely low while driving, so much so that my brake pedal could barely be pressed down. I have a feeling the timing needs to be adjusted.

With a stock 2.8, running 93 octane with 2 BAR MAP, Knock Sensor, Air to Air Intercooler with around 5-7 PSI of Boost, what should I set the timing to?

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

PFF
System Bot
armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like the ECM is just badly out of tune. If there doesn't appear to be any mechanical problem then it needs datalogging and chip work. I don't know what chip you're using but with a custom build it's not going to be plug and play. The tune has to be customized.
I've done a little tuning on a stock 2.8, and even with something that standard, I once had a chip that was off enough to make it run crappy and hard to start. It doesn't take much for that to happen. It's virtually guaranteed to happen with the first tune of a custom build.

Unless you're really loathe to do it, you should look into the equipment needed to at least datalog, and possibly also look into how to tune. First thing I would do is hook up to the ALDL port and check all the sensor signals, to at least make sure all of that is looking valid. If you don't do the tuning yourself, whoever does it is going to need datalogs that you record from the car as it runs.

There's a lot of tuning discussions for ECMs of this era at sites like gearhead-efi, 60degree6, and thirdgen.org. Although you'll find way more people with experience with the 7730, not the 85 Fiero ECM. Those would be good places to go if you want to do the tuning yourself but need some help with it.
Thirdgen has some lengthy tutorials on the subject, maybe other sites do also. It's recommended to read some of those and get acquainted with the basics before you start asking for individualized help.

Otherwise, if you don't want to deal with it, there's people who will do mail order tunes. I think somebody mentioned one earlier. Being able to datalog your car would help them though.

As far as the battery drain, you mentioned that it's fixed but the picture still shows your "Volts" light on, which normally means it's not charging.

I don't know forced induction, but it seems to me that the MAP and FPR both need to see pressure after the SC, not before, or they can't measure what they're supposed to. I understand you've done this with the MAP, but I don't know if you mentioned what you did with the FPR. My understanding of the function of the FPR would imply it needs to see the air pressure that the injectors are spraying into.
bcampbell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellDirect Link to This Post
What ECM are you running and are you able to tune it yourself? Do you have a wideband installed? I personally wouldn't try tuning a FI car without a wideband. Typically timing should be stock when not in boost and retarded under boost. Some say 1* for every PSI of boost. In any case it sounds like the tune is way off causing the driveability issues....
bcampbell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellDirect Link to This Post

bcampbell

260 posts
Member since Nov 2011
Also, if you're actually using an 85 Fiero ECM perhaps it's time to upgrade to at least a 7165; vastly superior, more tuning options, and nearly plug'n'play for the stock 2.8 engine harness.

IIRC the Fiero ECMs only update the ALDL info every 1.5 seconds or so, making them virtually useless for datalogging.
nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post
The base tune was done by a tuner that I gave my specifics for, so it's probably gunna needed to be tweaked of course. I have my Aldl cable coming in the mail so I will datalog as soon as I get it. I have a willem EPROM burner and eraser so I have what I need for tuning but of course I need to learn the basics first. I'm sticking with the 85 ECM since I haven't given it a chance yet but I do need more EPROMs . So timing should be at 10* at idle?

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

bcampbell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellDirect Link to This Post
Are you talking about base timing? 10* I believe is the factory setting for base timing, and any other changes should be done with the ECM. That being said, if the ECM is only commanding 10* at idle that seems low. How has the ECM been setup to handle boost?

No offence, but it sounds like your tuning situation leaves a lot to be desired. You could probably pick up a 7165 for $50 or less and run $12p which has a lot of extra features and is setup for a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor already. I think there is a thread somewhere on here on how to run a 7165. I think only a few wires need to be repinned.
sleevePAPA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPADirect Link to This Post
seems like the BPW is way off
nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post
BPW?

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

sleevePAPA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPADirect Link to This Post

BPW?

base pulse width/or constant.

who is your tuner, anyone here?

nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post
Tuner was a local guy, Alex at PCMperfomance.com

I got my ALDL cable and got some numbers at idle from WINALDL that I need looked at:

Car off:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

At idle:

I also datalogged about a minute just to test it out. Here's what I got:

1. Time RAW:MW2 RAW:PROMIDA RAW:PROMIDB RAW:IAC RAW:CT RAW:MPH RAW:EGR RAW:RPM RAW:TPS RAW:INT RAW:O2 RAW:MALFFLG1 RAW:MALFFLG2 RAW:MALFFLG3 RAW:MALFFLG4 RAW:MWAF1 RAW:MAT RAW:MCUIO RAW:BAT RAW:BLM RAW:O2_CNT RAW:MAFA RAW:MAFB RAW:BPWA RAW:BPWB SENSOR:PROMID SENSOR:IAC SENSOR:Coolant Temp SENSOR:SPEED SENSOR:EGR SENSOR:RPM SENSOR:TPS SENSOR:INT SENSOR:O2 SENSOR:MAT SENSOR:BAT SENSOR:BLM SENSOR:rich / lean counter SENSOR:MAF SENSOR:BPW MW2:Vss Pulse Occured MW2:ESC 43B Ready for second Pwr Enrich MW2 RP Occured MW2:Factory Test Mode (3.9k Ohms MW2 iagnostic Mode (0 Ohms) MW2:ALDL Mode (10k Ohms) MW2:1st time Idle Flag MW2:Idle Flag MWAF1:Clear Flood Flag MWAF1:BLM Enable Flag MWAF1:Low Battery (IAC Inhibited) MWAF1:4-3 Downshift for TCC unlock MWAF1:Asynchronous Fuel Flag MWAF1:Old High Gear Flag MWAF1:Rich Flag MWAF1:Closed Loop Flag MCUIO:AIR Divert Solenoid ON MCUIO:AIR Divert Solenoid ON MCUIO:A/C Disabled MCUIO:TCC Locked MCUIO:Park/Neutral MCUIO:No High Gear MCUIO:Not Used MCUIO:No A/C Requested MALFFLG1:24 VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) MALFFLG1:23 IAT / MAT low (Air Temperature) MALFFLG1:22 TPS low (Throttle Position Sensor) MALFFLG1:21 TPS high (Throttle Position Sensor) MALFFLG1:15 CT low (Coolant Temperature) MALFFLG1:14 CT high (Coolant Temperature) MALFFLG1:13 Oxygen sensor MALFFLG1:12 Engine not running MALFFLG2:42 EST (Electronic Spark Timing) MALFFLG2:41 Not Used MALFFLG2:35 Not Used MALFFLG2:34 MAP low (Manifold Air Pressure) MALFFLG2:33 MAP high (Manifold Air Pressure) MALFFLG2:32 EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) MALFFLG2:31 Governor Fail MALFFLG2:25 IAT / MAT high (Air Temperature) MALFFLG3:52 CAL Pack missing MALFFLG3:53 Not Used MALFFLG3:54 Fuel Pump Relay Faliure MALFFLG3:55 ADU error MALFFLG3:51 PROM error MALFFLG3:45 O2 rich (Oxygen sensor) MALFFLG3:44 O2 lean (Oxygen sensor) MALFFLG3:43 Knock ESC MALFFLG4:52 CAL Pack missing MALFFLG4:53 Not Used MALFFLG4:54 Fuel Pump Relay Faliure MALFFLG4:55 ADU error MALFFLG4:51 PROM error MALFFLG4:45 O2 rich (Oxygen sensor) MALFFLG4:44 O2 lean (Oxygen sensor) MALFFLG4:43 Knock ESC
------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

[This message has been edited by nyranger6830 (edited 06-13-2013).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
Check the last pic. The RPM shows 0 so I don't think you have the proper one of it idling. Also, the raw data pics don't help. Need the converted info.
PFF
System Bot
nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Check the last pic. The RPM shows 0 so I don't think you have the proper one of it idling. Also, the raw data pics don't help. Need the converted info.

How can I get you the converted data? What Infor would you guys like for it to be more helpful?

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

bcampbell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellDirect Link to This Post
Are you able to datalog with TunerproRT and get us a log file to look at?
nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by bcampbell:

Are you able to datalog with TunerproRT and get us a log file to look at?

I tryed but I believe dodgerunner's cable is not recognized by TunerproRT.
bcampbell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellDirect Link to This Post
You set the com port correctly? I don't see why the cable wouldn't work; its more or less just raw serial data I think.
nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by bcampbell:

You set the com port correctly? I don't see why the cable wouldn't work; its more or less just raw serial data I think.

Tried it again and this is all i get:

I can do stuff in winaldl for the time being!

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

bcampbell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bcampbellSend a Private Message to bcampbellDirect Link to This Post
I don't think your ECM is capable of 8192 baud rate; have you tried loading the correct adx file and connecting to the ECM?
nyranger6830

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post
To be honest, Im not up on my computer lingo! haha I did a quick datalog at idle and viewed it through Cliff's ALDL View.

Heres the link to download ALDL View:

https://www.fiero.nl/downloa...DLViewSetup0.1-1.exe

Here's my WinALDL file. To vie all the different graphs, just download this file and open it in ALDL View.

(Click the link and click the grey "download this file" button to get the file. I know the website looks sketchy! haha)

------------------

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

sleevePAPA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPADirect Link to This Post
check out the TP tutorial since you are learning how to properly configure for datalogging....

http://www.gearhead-efi.com...is-is-a-must-read!-)
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

The Build
The basic design is roughly going to look like this:

Don't know if this helps, but looking at this, it made me think... maybe you don't even need to modify the intake plenum. Is there any reason why you wouldn't simply just want to mount the supercharger on top of the intake manifold, and just eliminate the runners and the plenum all together?

This would solve much of your engine height issues... I'm not even remotely an expert, but it seems like the intake runners don't really serve much use when you're using a supercharger anyway. Just a thought!

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 06-13-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock