Isuzu clutch fork lever pictures by A Woodward
Started on: 03-07-2013 07:28 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: A Woodward on 03-08-2013 07:36 PM
A Woodward

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A WoodwardSend a Private Message to A WoodwardDirect Link to This Post
I am swapping an Isuzu 5 speed in to my 84. I picked up the transmission from a guy scraping a 87 2.5L 5 speed Isuzu. It looks like someone tried to add a washer stack to the clutch fork lever to change the throw. Does anyone have a good picture of the clutch fork lever for an 87 Isuzu? I need close ups of where the slave cylinder arm pushes on the lever.

Thank you.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
Does yours have the cast iron arm or the multi-piece welded steel arm?
A Woodward

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A WoodwardSend a Private Message to A WoodwardDirect Link to This Post
It is a multi-piece welded arm.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
This is the only picture I have... hope it helps:

A Woodward

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A WoodwardSend a Private Message to A WoodwardDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the photo. It looks like the one you have has been modified also. Whom ever owned the transmission before I got my hands on the trans, drilled through the plastic insert and took a large allen head bold and ran that through the plastic insert to change the throw of the arm.

However from your photo I now understand what it should look like.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
An original un-modded stamped Isuzu arm next to a cast Isuzu and cast Muncie

Another view of the stamped one...

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Inserting anything into the release arm doesn't really change the throw. Since it's a hydraulic system without means for adjustment, all a spacer in the release arm accomplishes is to cause the piston in the slave to retract further into the bore of the slave. It still moves the same distance in the bore when the clutch pedal is depressed. Because it's sitting against the release arm, the travel is still the same.
A Woodward

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for A WoodwardSend a Private Message to A WoodwardDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for all the photos.

I have removed the other persons spacer modification. I have removed the factory plastic insert. I made a new insert from 7073 aluminum for the slave cylinder rod to push on.

I just hope the arm is not bent. I did not see any cracks in the arm.

I do plan on getting the reproduction arm from the Fiero Store as soon as possible.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
You need a cast iron arm, or completely box in and fully weld the steel one. The steel ones will flex and crack every time. That's why they were replaced with cast iron.

Been there, done that.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
CowPatoot's images makes me wonder if they waited until 88 to go to the cast release arm? If they didn't, the OP's transmission might not be an 87, but an earlier model. When did they change to the cast arm?
A Woodward

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A WoodwardSend a Private Message to A WoodwardDirect Link to This Post
I am going to call The Fiero Store first thing Monday morning and order up a cast arm. I convinced my money manager it was a very good idea to spend just a few more dollars for security.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock