Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  swap a GT3000 interior in the fiero and give it a real Carbon look ;) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
swap a GT3000 interior in the fiero and give it a real Carbon look ;) by my pride
Started on: 01-18-2010 05:16 PM
Replies: 81
Last post by: Gambit on 01-05-2013 04:54 PM
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by my pride:

I hope That i can install the AC controler i wanted to delete the Fiero AC
But i still looking For THE wiring diagrams

If you mean the wiring diagram for the 3000GT dash / AC, I still have it.. It's about 35Mb though, so I'm not sure how to send it.. Think it's too big for Gmail to handle..
IP: Logged
NullHead

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NullHeadSend a Private Message to NullHeadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riceburner98:
If you mean the wiring diagram for the 3000GT dash / AC, I still have it.. It's about 35Mb though, so I'm not sure how to send it.. Think it's too big for Gmail to handle..

Use http://stashbox.org - I think the limit is 100mb, and your files will last forever afaik.
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

That is great thanks

Or u can use www.yousendit.com
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

That is great thanks

Or u can use www.yousendit.com

Also: https://www.wetransfer.com

Boonie posted that site in T/OT awhile back.
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
so i am looking for engine mounts and contact Rodney dickman he sell poly engine mounts ,but i wanted to know if it will fit and he did not know he told me to ask it here , so my question is will the poly mounts fit that Rodney sell ??

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...th=22&products_id=73
http://rodneydickman.com/ca...th=28&products_id=35
http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=22&products_id=226

let me know so i can order it
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

so i am looking for engine mounts and contact Rodney dickman he sell poly engine mounts ,but i wanted to know if it will fit and he did not know he told me to ask it here , so my question is will the poly mounts fit that Rodney sell ??

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...th=22&products_id=73
http://rodneydickman.com/ca...th=28&products_id=35
http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=22&products_id=226

let me know so i can order it

^^

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Tried stashbox a couple of times but it just goes and hangs on a white screen for an hour after selecting the file with nothing uploaded in the end.. Yousendit seems to have worked... It says the file is at https://www.yousendit.com/download/UnlCMFhwbWdEbUpjR0E9PQ until June 25th, I don't know if anyone can download it, or only the person who's email was entered..
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
I see the file but I can't download it with my iPhone
I wil try it when I get home

PS thanks for uploading it for us
Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
No problem! Hope it helps. It's a ZIP file, so you'll need to unzip it after downloading..
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
i got the file's of yousendit

i have a question did u make the sheets and rewire diagrams?

[This message has been edited by my pride (edited 04-14-2012).]

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
LOL I almost sent those too.. Yep, that was me that did those..
PFF
System Bot
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
I never found out to get the speedo to work the puls it send to the gauge is not the same I got a sgi-5 c signal interface and I just don't get it to work. I will upload some pics of it so u can see
http://www.dakotadigital.com/pdf/sgi-5c.pdf

[This message has been edited by my pride (edited 06-20-2011).]

my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

my pride

300 posts
Member since Jan 2004
this is how the unit looks like

got the 12V
ground _
sensor connected
and output to the gauge on 5
Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Do you mean the stock 3000GT speedo, or are you using an aftermarket one? If I remember right the stock 3000GT speedo wants a 0-5v pulse. I had it running with a 3800SC / 4T65HD auto transmission, I think I had to use a little circuit to drop it down to 5v.. I would think the Dakota Digital box would be perfect for that though..?
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

Do you mean the stock 3000GT speedo, or are you using an aftermarket one? If I remember right the stock 3000GT speedo wants a 0-5v pulse. I had it running with a 3800SC / 4T65HD auto transmission, I think I had to use a little circuit to drop it down to 5v.. I would think the Dakota Digital box would be perfect for that though..?

I'm using the stock GT3000 speedo and I got a getrag transmission,
So now it will come to read read and read and that is my problem hahaha

I need to read all the info I got to install it the right way
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
so in the meen time i was working on making a new quarter rear window

this is the mold i made of the window

this is the mold just taken the window out

and this is how it is for now,this will be my prototype from this one im making my turbo scoop
from carbon with window i hope this wil work,

will work on this in a few days

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I ran a 3000GT speedo direct to fiero VSS signal, and it read perfectly, without modifying anything. I verified it with GPS. Now the tach, that's a different story.
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I ran a 3000GT speedo direct to fiero VSS signal, and it read perfectly, without modifying anything. I verified it with GPS. Now the tach, that's a different story.

I did the same thing with the VSS .this works great
I always mix the tacho and the speedo up
My problem is the tacho signal that goes to the meter
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
What do I need to do/know before I install the 3800 supercharged
Engine. I don't like doing thing 10 time's

I want to use a intercooler (still looking)
For a good one.

revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
ZZP will have what you need.
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
They got a lot of nice things there. So i contact zzp to know i it will fit on my buick engine , i got a reply from them and told me how much hp i want to get , and say to me to get a other cam fast way to get 35 to 60 hp .i do not know how much i gain just want a smaller pulley with a bigger throttle body and maf sensor and a cam but they got a few so I do not know what I need

Still waiting on a reply

Hope to get some info on this
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2011 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

They got a lot of nice things there. So i contact zzp to know i it will fit on my buick engine , i got a reply from them and told me how much hp i want to get , and say to me to get a other cam fast way to get 35 to 60 hp .i do not know how much i gain just want a smaller pulley with a bigger throttle body and maf sensor and a cam but they got a few so I do not know what I need

Still waiting on a reply

Hope to get some info on this

Searching PFF for "3800" in "All Active Forums" will yield you way more information about the 3800 than you could ever want to read:

http://www.fierosearch.com/...3800&Action=DoSearch
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
If I do that I can read for over a week and than I can start over to read it again
To much info over everything

no wil wait to get some info of the thing ZZP got and il share the info that they wil give me over the:

VS Cam
GT Camshafts
or the
X-P HOT Cam this one i love but cost a lot to get it done the right way , and not only doing the cam

[This message has been edited by my pride (edited 06-26-2011).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2011 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
How much HP are you trying to make with this engine?
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
I really don't know wat I wil gain if I use all the things . Wil it be 100 hp ??
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

my pride

300 posts
Member since Jan 2004
I really don't know wat I wil gain if I use all the things . Wil it be 100 hp ??
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
It's not a matter of how much you will gain, it's a matter of how much you want out of the engine. You don't buy a bunch of parts and then hope they will give you some more power. Doing so means you may have just bought a bunch of parts that won't even work right together, so you might end up with a car that just runs horribly. You decide first what you want out of the engine, and then you buy the parts that will get you there, and that fit together correctly. A stock L67 already has about 100hp more than a stock Fiero 2.8, so if that's all you want, then just keep it stock.
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
i dont have the stock fiero engine in there no more
I had a 3.4 1997 LQ1 dohc 210 hp in the car but it was to slow
so im going to put in this engine

and yes i know what parts i want but if u ask me about Cam's i dont know so i contacted ZZP

for the VS Cam NIC Cam and the X-P HOT Cam

this are things i do not know wat i wil gain on top of the stock 3800 engine
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-28-2011 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
Well I don't know what the specs on those cams are, though I'm sure they're listed somewhere. And I don't know the specs on the stock L67 cam either, but again, I'm sure it's listed somewhere.

What other things are you doing to the engine already, such that your only unknown is the camshaft?
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
Northstar throttlebody and 3.2 polley ported LIM and charger
This is what I will do
And x-p hot cam with:

Roller master timing chain set
Comp lifters
105# valve springs
Modified Retainers
Machined oil Punp cover
2 paper Front cover gaskets

[This message has been edited by my pride (edited 06-28-2011).]

my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2011 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
whoeps something went wrong

[This message has been edited by my pride (edited 07-17-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2011 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

my pride

300 posts
Member since Jan 2004
i started to disassembly the engine to see if everything is ok,and nothing was damaged or broken (the seller submits that the engine was good) so apparently this is true

here is the engine and I have moved my alternator and using s dummy for the A/C

going to Rebuild my m90 Eaton charger

here i fond out that that the intake gasket had some crack's in it

most dirt removed

my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2011 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

my pride

300 posts
Member since Jan 2004
need a new Supercharger Coupler from ZZP

what a nice small block

I'm going to disassemble the entire block so they can fine bore it and a give it a new paint

and since everything got disassembled im going to look for all the things i can do with this engine

tomorrow i wil post some pic oh the head and exhaust manifold gaskets to see how much i can take away for porting my heads
using the CNC machine

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
any update on this?
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

any update on this?

I'l will update my build in a few day's still ordering parts and modifying things

Got the XP hot cam with 130 springs double chain ported heads arp bold's
I got the engine line boring .polley 3.0 Porting the charger intake and out to the lim
Now i'm waiting on my northstar trotle body 42# injectors intercooler

And so on and on
joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
i dont see your photos. They are saying the photo has been moved or deleted from photobucket.
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshh44:

i dont see your photos. They are saying the photo has been moved or deleted from photobucket.

For some odd reason my a map in my account from photobucked was gone deleted
I'l upload them again and put them back on

[This message has been edited by my pride (edited 02-04-2012).]

my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
i fixed a few broken links of photo bucket
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
here are some picture's of making the door panals
from the GT3000

my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideDirect Link to This Post
So The Engine is almost done , still waiting on the intercooler housing , ;(

So I wanted to start on the body got all the products to make the body kit and molds
And I'm going to start with the hood scoop il upload some pictures when I got some progress

------------------
Fiero 87GT interieur GT3000 cabon. engine 3800 SC 1997
Stage 3 heads 130# springs double chain totall rebuild low end . Nortstar trottle . 60# injectors . Full size intercooler Delete balancer . XP cam ZZP . Spec stage 3+ aluminum flywheel and more to add , still not done

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock