Project Tuesday by fierofinder
Started on: 11-24-2011 11:36 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: fierofinder on 12-07-2011 12:35 AM
fierofinder

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I'll say it, I love my fiero. I want it to last me awhile and I want it to look nice. Now that it is raining I'm going to take time to work on my fiero. I've decided to call my fiero Tuesday, she is an 88 GT, and here is her build thread.

Some of you already know that it already has a 3.4 pr in it and I recently did the 7730 swap with DIS from my other threads. I'm still having issues with the idle, but I'm going to pull everything out and clean things up and fix a few things. Plan on giving it some of my own touch from engine to body to interior. I'm not going to do anything real drastic, no chop top or anything of that nature.

My first step in this is to pull off body panels and remove engine and front cross member. I'm going to remove any rust I can find and give it fresh paint. Going to do a body off paint job. Going to add some scoops for the front and rear and replace the gt quarter windows with a scoop molded to the body.

Now for some pics of the last couple days.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post
More pics

it broke coming out. Wasn't planning on reusing, but still a bummer

My finger from when the window broke. The driver side broke worse and did this. It actually even went through the fingernail a little.

Most of the rust is around the front.

My brother in town helping me out.

Don't want to remove the roof panel, and the rear clip bolts that are in the roof are just spinning so both of those panels will stay on.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post
A few things I have picked up recently for Tuesday

Actually going to use this gauge for fuel pressure right on the fuel rail.

LED lights. I have red, clear, and amber. I will be using these to do the tailight setup and other stuff.
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
You are doing what I should be, I just haven't gotten up the initiative to get started yet. I'm still driving it and the last time I tore it down for a 3800 swap it ended up sitting nearly a year for my shoulder surgery. I don't like the thought of it sitting there looking at me. Are you doing any body alterations?
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2011 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I will do some body modifications. Going to add some scoops and vents in the hood and quarter panels. Going to change up the tailights and blinkers. I'm sure I'll think of other stuff as I go.
Here is what I got done today. Engine is out and car is up on blocks.

fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2011 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post

fierofinder

636 posts
Member since Apr 2007
Wanted to add a link to my 7730 swap thread.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/114651.html
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderDirect Link to This Post
Little update. I removed most of the stuff from the engine compartment. Fuel tank is out, and coolant lines are removed. Slowly but surely.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock