Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  At what Temp should the radiator fan come on? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
At what Temp should the radiator fan come on? by weloveour86se
Started on: 06-13-2011 07:19 PM
Replies: 48
Last post by: an88_fierodiva on 12-23-2011 01:14 PM
an88_fierodiva

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for an88_fierodivaClick Here to visit an88_fierodiva's HomePageSend a Private Message to an88_fierodivaDirect Link to This Post
Received it today - it has part number 13819 on it and it says its Made in the USA

[This message has been edited by an88_fierodiva (edited 12-15-2011).]

IP: Logged
an88_fierodiva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for an88_fierodivaClick Here to visit an88_fierodiva's HomePageSend a Private Message to an88_fierodivaDirect Link to This Post

an88_fierodiva

80 posts
Member since Feb 2010
I appreciate your comment but don't forget I am over the other side of the pond and our suppliers have limited stock on these items.

Originally posted by Patrick:

That's why I posted the part number to get, as the regular Stant thermostat is probably just another made in China piece of garbage. Oh well, cross your fingers.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick:

...get this superior 195ยบ thermostat - Stant SuperStat 45819.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by an88_fierodiva:

Received it today - it has part number 13819 on it and it says its Made in the USA

Too bad its not a Stant SuperStat, but at least it's not made in China!

an88_fierodiva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for an88_fierodivaClick Here to visit an88_fierodiva's HomePageSend a Private Message to an88_fierodivaDirect Link to This Post
Ok so hubby has replaced the thermostat and I did a couple of runs round the block to get her warm. She got up to between 160- 170 and that's where she sat

Could my gauge still be faulty at lower temperatures?

Is there a fix?

I also only seem to be getting 130 miles out of a tankful - could this be because she's still running cold and using more fuel?

an88_fierodiva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for an88_fierodivaClick Here to visit an88_fierodiva's HomePageSend a Private Message to an88_fierodivaDirect Link to This Post
Just driven to work this morning (about 5 miles) and she didn't go no higher than 160 (indicated on the gauge)

I tried it with my internal fans on and also off but it didn't go any higher :'(

Any more ideas please
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
It would stand to reason, if the t-stat is working correctly, then it must be the gauge. I think of my gauge as a trend meter. If it gets to the red part it's bad. If the overheat light comes on then it's real bad. If you want a more precise reading you will need a more precise tool to measure the temp.

Have you tried using WinALDL software (free) with an ALDL cable and a laptop to read what the CTS is telling the ECM?
an88_fierodiva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for an88_fierodivaClick Here to visit an88_fierodiva's HomePageSend a Private Message to an88_fierodivaDirect Link to This Post
Hi, no haven't tried winaldl

Silly question but where would I get this download from

Are the cables easy to find - would I get one over here?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by an88_fierodiva (edited 12-16-2011).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
The author is from Sweden: winaldl.joby.se

And if you have an old serial port laptop you can make your own cables. I think Dodgerunner may also still make them for sale. Or buy one of the USB versions.
Here is the serial port version: http://winaldl.joby.se/aldlcable.htm

I made one then broke down and bought one that was better made. It allows you to see what the various sensors are reporting to the ECM.

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 12-16-2011).]

an88_fierodiva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for an88_fierodivaClick Here to visit an88_fierodiva's HomePageSend a Private Message to an88_fierodivaDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully over the Christmas break I will test it - have downloaded software and hubby thinks he has a cable that will do the trick!

Will let you know how I get on.

Seasons greetings to you all from this side of the pond
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock