Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Alternator Belt.....Belt Routing Diagram for 4 pullys 2.8L 6 Cylinder

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Alternator Belt.....Belt Routing Diagram for 4 pullys 2.8L 6 Cylinder by fawnhansen
Started on: 03-30-2011 07:45 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: fawnhansen on 03-30-2011 02:55 PM
fawnhansen

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fawnhansenSend a Private Message to fawnhansenDirect Link to This Post
I have a problem, I need some serious help. I have searched everywhere for a belt routing diagram on my fiero, even auto parts stores have one that looks completely different from mine. There are only four pullys on mine. I am not exactly sure how many belts and where they should be (the correct way). I have 2 belts on it right now I placed them based on their size and where they would fit.

With the two belts that I put on the car will run and runs fine! There is no belt on the alternator though, and so the battery is not recharging. The battery light is on and the battery will now eventually die without the belt on the alternator (is this correct?)

I have the service manual and nowhere in its 1303 pages does it have a diagram either!!!
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

------------------
FAWN HANSEN

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
If that can help ?

The one on top goes from crank front pulley groove , water pump , alternator ( Big belt ribbed )
The one hanging loose at the bottom goes from the crank pulley back groove to the A/C compressor ( Small belt )

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 03-30-2011).]

fawnhansen

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fawnhansenSend a Private Message to fawnhansenDirect Link to This Post
That is great, thank you very much!

------------------
FAWN HANSEN

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock