Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Stock-looking GM keyless Entry System? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Stock-looking GM keyless Entry System? by RWDPLZ
Started on: 05-30-2010 02:30 PM
Replies: 54
Last post by: L67 on 12-05-2011 07:27 AM
HTXtremes

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2011 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
On a 94 4 door S 10 Blazer with bucket seats in the front the RKE was under the console in the center between the seats. Four screws and the entire console came out. I think it only had one plug in it though, not two.
IP: Logged
outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
i had a question.....i have the 8pin and 3 pin module. i would like once press unlocks my door and twice unlocks both. it says to wire both tan wires to the black wires? like just splice two tan wires to one of the black wires? also.....how many remotes can one module remember? i know its all right there in front of me but i just need a bit of clarification since i spent my day tearing my doors apart to put in new mirrors and fix my locks to where they function in one press. i think i need the knucklehead version....with pics installed and such. just want to know which wire goes where. when splicing.

[This message has been edited by outlawfiero17 (edited 03-23-2011).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
It's been a while but I remember trying to get that to work, I think at one point I got it so one click unlocked the passenger door and two unlocked both, but I couldn't get it to work the other way around. I was fine with one click opening both, so I just left it that way. If you look at the wiring diagrams it's definitely possible, but you'd have to rewire the lock solenoids so they work independently.

[This message has been edited by RWDPLZ (edited 03-24-2011).]

outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
Ok I guess ill have to have trial and error as my guide. How do I program the remotes? I know I have to ground the module. But then what?

Oh and how many remotes can the module use?
outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post

outlawfiero17

1450 posts
Member since Jul 2009
Could I bother you to post a pic of how your wires are set up? Just so I can get a rough image of what I'm aiming at?
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
I can get you some really bad pics Just have a cell phone, and the wires are still just plugged in in the test setup, since the car has been un-driveable since shortly before I installed the system. But should be obvious which go where.

Programming the remote:

Just successfully trained the remote to the unit on the bench:

ORN to 12V, BLK (from black 8-wire harness) to ground, and BLK/WHT to an aligator clip test lead. Connect the BLK/WHT to ground, and you'll hear the relays click in the RKE. Press a button on the remote, and the RKE relay will click again. Unplug the BLK/WHT wire. Now if you press the trunk release or lock and unluck buttons, you can hear the relays clicking in the RKE. This should make testing the unit in the car easier. The RKE retains the remotes programmed to it even without battery power.

Basically, after it has power and you ground the program wire, you just press a button on the remote(s), and disconnect the program wire. You can program at least two, I want to say 3-5, but I don't have access to that repair manual right now.
outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
ok i have 2 sets of remotes two pontiac and one blank one olds. im going to use one pontiac and use the rest for back ups and parts. thought about maybe painting the arrowhead red and the cross white. make it stand out a bit. would a basic arts&crafts paint work?

im just concerned about the black and blue wires. do i splice them both together? as in when i splice the gray wire do i have to tap into both other wires or just one?

[This message has been edited by outlawfiero17 (edited 03-24-2011).]

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Probably, I'd clean it well and use automotive touch-up paint, Duplicolor NGGM398 is 88 Fiero red, and NGGM338 is Fiero white
outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
sweet. ill try that. im still waiting for them in the mail.
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by outlawfiero17:

im just concerned about the black and blue wires. do i splice them both together? as in when i splice the gray wire do i have to tap into both other wires or just one?

8 wire connector:

red/black - not used
orange/black - not used
white - not used
gray - light blue wires
tan (splice both together) - black wires on door lock/unlock connector next to light blue wires
black - ground screw for power lock relay
orange - orange/black wire at power lock relay

The two light blue wires are both connected to the gray wire. The black wire (on the 8-wire connector) is just a ground, and the ground screw is right there so it's easiest to just connect it there.
outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2011 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
well i got it wired in last night and i guess its nearly impossible for it to unlock just my side with one click. so i just have it unlock both. i havent run the trunk release or switched 12v which i assume turns the dome lights off when you turn the key on b4 the 30secs after you unlock it. i do have to say im not impressed with the range of my remotes. im gonna try new batteries. is there an antenna for the module that i can perhaps alter for better range?

and is there a way to make a module forget a remote? i figure i might sell my current one when i get my pontiac ones in.
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2011 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

and is there a way to make a module forget a remote? i figure i might sell my current one when i get my pontiac ones in.

That one is easy, just put it back into program mode, and program only the remotes you want programmed. It will forget any previously programmed remotes, that's why you have to program all the remotes at the same time.
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Addition to the 3-wire connector wiring:

Apparently in 85 and 86, the correct wire to connect to is yellow with a black tracer. They changed it in 87 to the gray with black tracer.

3 wire connector:

Pink - switched 12V from fuse block
black - trunk release black on 84, at trunk release switch, yellow/black on 85-86, gray/black on 87-88
black/white - leave disconnected, ground to program remote
mickeyswing52

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mickeyswing52Send a Private Message to mickeyswing52Direct Link to This Post
RWDPLZ, He is a great member. Thanks for all your help on getting my RKE hook up to work. YOU DA MAN !!!!! Left a positive rating for you.
L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post12-05-2011 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

well i got it wired in last night and i guess its nearly impossible for it to unlock just my side with one click. so i just have it unlock both.

Nearly, unless you wire it correctly. Mine's set up to unlock the driver door first, then the passenger, it's a really nice feature.

You can see how I wired my box here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087243.html
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock