Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  A Valuable Tech Tip when Installing a Fuel Pump (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
A Valuable Tech Tip when Installing a Fuel Pump by Dennis LaGrua
Started on: 06-04-2009 06:46 PM
Replies: 53
Last post by: nitroheadz28 on 07-14-2011 12:15 PM
tomsablon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomsablonSend a Private Message to tomsablonDirect Link to This Post
had a girl friend tell me that extended submersion in alcohol would make a hose go bad. i guess this is what she meant?
IP: Logged
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious if anyone has used this pump ? http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/17933/10002/-1 http://www.jegs.com/Install...00/350/350-17933.pdf

[This message has been edited by rourke_87_T-Top (edited 01-04-2011).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tomsablon:

had a girl friend tell me that extended submersion in alcohol would make a hose go bad. i guess this is what she meant?

Yes. GF is right.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Wow, as a new owner I sure find this one great thread.

Our 87 GT has around 50,000 mi. and was in storage for 17yrs. prior to hitting the road again in '06 where it got its last 10,000 mi.. My question is, what kind of service life can I expect before the OER fuel pump fails or leaves me stranded??

As for when that time comes, hopefully I'll replace the pump before it fails, I will surely use the submersible hose mentioned above.

Kevin
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
I have a 87 GT with the fuel pump (the original) having 55k on it. It is still working. Dont know how much longer but I plan on changing it.

Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
That's good news So your saying I have 5,000 mi. of easy sledding. Figure on doing the fuel pump next year, if it doesn't fail me sooner.

Like brake lines, distributor parts, sensors they all are pretty old.

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 01-05-2011).]

AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post
The only place I can get the hose is at NAPA, and its not 10 bucks... try 26 for a foot...
I'm glad I only need to use an inch, that means I can do 11 more Fiero gas tanks...
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's expensive. Maybe you can sell the rest by the inch.

Did you try Rock Auto?
AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post
No luck there, I tried a search for known manufacturers submersible lines... nothing.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
This is the first time I hear about these pulsators failures. I have my tank on a table right now with a new pump I just installed (second in 200k miles) and was ready to throw away that little hose with the clamps. No idea what is was for until I found this. Should I scrap the pulsator because it is 200K old? How much is a new one? I can do the hose but still not fully convinced about these major pulsator failures. Who had one actually fail?
AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post
I wouldnt use a pulsator, and I'd remove one if i found it on my fiero, it looks to me like a tube with two fuel tolerant O-rings on the inside... not really good if you want to clamp things down to ensure no decrease in fuel pressure.
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Bump

Out of curiosity, anyone have any leftover submersible hose they could part with? (For $$ of course) Didn't have any luck finding it online and I don't want to take my chances. Also don't have Napa or Orielly's remotely near here and the retards at the local Autozones can't tell the difference between a hose and a braided steel line.

Thanks.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I have some left over - I'll have to dig thru the stuff in the garage to find it. PM me your address and I can send you some for the price of shipping.

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

I have some left over - I'll have to dig thru the stuff in the garage to find it. PM me your address and I can send you some for the price of shipping.

Thank you sir!

Pm sent.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock