Grand Am Ebrake how-to by Arns85GT
Started on: 06-13-2007 03:36 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: Arns85GT on 02-22-2012 05:11 PM
n_tensetuning

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n_tensetuningSend a Private Message to n_tensetuningDirect Link to This Post
1 more thing.

dpwood's brackets/adapters require you to tap the existing rear spindle assy's to 7/16" for the new 4 bolts that come with the adapters.

IF any of you guys are too lazy to do this, or just feel paranoid with re-tapping the holes while trying to maintain straightness, do like I did, just buy the following correct bolts. They are special M11-1.50 (.880" long) from ARP.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ARP-244-2901/
Expensive, yes. But a life saver.

I actually have a set of 4 bolts left. They come 6 to a package, but I had bought 2 packages so only used 2 off one set.

So IF someone needs a set, I will sell $20shipped to your door.

Thanks
Dave M
IP: Logged
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by n_tensetuning:

dpwood's brackets/adapters require you to tap the existing rear spindle assy's to 7/16" for the new 4 bolts that come with the adapters.

Dave M

Huh??? I didn't have to tap anything to use mine. And they didn't come with any bolts. I used metric bolts that fit in the existing threaded holes in the spindles.
KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoDirect Link to This Post
I recently purchased a set of DPWood brackets also and in an email he told me the the hub carrier needs to be tapped to coarse 7/16ths
andy_c

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andy_cSend a Private Message to andy_cDirect Link to This Post
Hey all,

I have not been on this site for a while. I am interested in doing this conversion and I am unclear on some details (forgive me if I have missed something).

Are the brake pads for the rear, the Seville pads?

Are the rear rotors Seville or Grand Am/Beretta?

Do the Seville rotors use the same kind of ratcheting pistons that the original Fiero calipers use? To me getting rid of that would be part of the reason to make the change.
Just in case anyone is curious my Fiero is a 1987 that has been sitting (a couple of years) waiting for an engine rebuild. It is the whole time/money thing.

Andy
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
The rear calipers are Seville and they take Seville pads.

The rotors are Grand Am

The pics pretty much walk you through it. The parts are easy to get through Rock Auto.

I do, however, highly recommend the Pontiac 6000 driver side cable

Arn
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock