Started on: 01-18-2007 04:01 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: americasfuture2k on 04-05-2011 11:08 AM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2009 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
im bumping the low gas light threads

EDIT: woot! page thr33 pwnage
------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | 87 GT Inside Test Run | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 01
3500 Fiero GT Test Run 02 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 03 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 04
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 07-26-2009).]

IP: Logged
jdv

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2009 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvDirect Link to This Post
(With all the messing around I did....)

I discovered that there is a real easy way to correct a fuel gauge to read properly when it is out of wack without having to pull the tank and clean, fix or replace the sending unit in the tank.
This mod will work just fine if the gauge is consistently reading about the same amount out of wack. ie 1/4 tank or so left in the tank = Empty on the gauge, or some other variation on the theme.

If anybody is interested? I'll post it, just let me know.

Cheers,

Sidecar

That would be nice not having to remove the tank at least till the fuel pump goes out .
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
well i just bought this one from an ebay seller

ill see exactly what the components are to remake these. i have no idea what the silver do-dad is and no idea what the transistors are. ill soon find out.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i got my low fuel light in. sadly this is a different design than what GM produced. but it is an upgraded version made by an aftermarket company. this one light up at 1/4 tank and when it drops down to 1/8 tank, the light flashes. pretty good. i still need to find a stock one to toy with.

i payed almost double :\ but i never knew these existed till i bought and received this from the ebay seller. clever guy, clever guy.

here is the site that sells it: http://www.kirbanperformanc...OR+UNIT+%237244.html

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 04-05-2011).]

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

i got my low fuel light in. sadly this is a different design than what GM produced. but it is an upgraded version made by an aftermarket company. this one light up at 1/4 tank and when it drops down to 1/8 tank, the light flashes. pretty good. i still need to find a stock one to toy with.

i payed almost double :\ but i never knew these existed till i bought and received this from the ebay seller. clever guy, clever guy.

here is the site that sells it: http://www.kirbanperformanc...OR+UNIT+%237244.html

On the site it's only listed for Buick. Is that the one?

The Riv
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
thats the one. most gm vehicles today, the fiero inlcluded, use 90 ohms at full and 0 ohms at empty being sent from the fuel level sending unit. since that is an add on device to alert you when your fuel level gets to a certain point, there is nothing special about using this in a non-buick car as long as the fuel level sender meets the 90Ω full and 0Ω empty.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock