3800 wiring diagram -- easy to follow l67 by ssquire
Started on: 07-16-2010 08:17 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: stickpony on 07-18-2010 02:51 PM
ssquire

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ssquireSend a Private Message to ssquireDirect Link to This Post
This is my first post, but I've been stalking aroud this forum for awhile to help with a 3800SC swap into a manual 88 Formula turned GT. I finished my swap and I thought some one else might be able to benefit from the wiring diagram I made that might make it more simple to do a quick and "easy" swap. I put in a 3800SC engine from a 2000 GTP in with a stock computer.

Sorry if the image is not as clear, it was a lot bigger but I reduced it to fit on the server.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting that! My background is in electronics and I like schematics. Mike Gonzalez did a great job with my conversion but I like schematics to see what he did and to help me troubleshoot it if it is ever needed. Thanks again and please post often. And welcome to the madness.

Richard
IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Direct Link to This Post
Welcome to PFF!
Nice schematic. that should help a lot of people doing swaps.
When I did mine back in 2000/2001, I used an excel spreed sheet I made, but that is much easier to read.
I am used to the spreed sheets, so every swap I have done (engine, gauges, etc.) has one.

-Dave

Adding: you and I have the same engine donor, a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix.

[This message has been edited by IFLYR22 (edited 07-16-2010).]

jsketcham

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jsketchamSend a Private Message to jsketchamDirect Link to This Post
Nice work Squire.
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
ssquire -

There's ways around that w/ thumb-nailing & URL Linking your images. If you'd like send me the full size image and I can see about getting it up for availability at the full size copy.

--Allen

------------------
Is this where I insert something witty?

[This message has been edited by mcaanda (edited 07-17-2010).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Great Reference, great job. I wish that we had these diagrams here for all model years and engine swaps. It would really simplify the questions.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Neat! There were a few of these in the past but I think this is better to visualize.

------------------
11.6@120 3800 turbo 88 coupe

Ultimate 3800 swap thread

flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
stickpony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ssquire:

This is my first post, but I've been stalking aroud this forum for awhile to help with a 3800SC swap into a manual 88 Formula turned GT. I finished my swap and I thought some one else might be able to benefit from the wiring diagram I made that might make it more simple to do a quick and "easy" swap. I put in a 3800SC engine from a 2000 GTP in with a stock computer.

Sorry if the image is not as clear, it was a lot bigger but I reduced it to fit on the server.

S-s-s-squire!

Bomb-ass diagram, blows away my spreadsheets i use...Bravo!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock