I caught the paint bug... by GT86FASTBACK
Started on: 06-24-2010 02:28 PM
Replies: 49
Last post by: 2farnorth on 08-27-2010 08:13 PM
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Interesting, if it dries that fast then it could be lacquer based? Usually enamel takes at least a little while to dry.... You say you are wetsanding with 1000 grit before the clear, I am assuming you just tack it off and then shoot the clear. How is it affecting the color?
IP: Logged
GT86FASTBACK

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
It seems to lighten up when you wet-sand it, but once the clear goes on, its brings it right back to the right shade before the wet-sanding. On the can its says its a protective enamel, but I dunno exactly what it is. All i know is, i sprayed it, cleaned my gun by running some thinner through it, and when i touched the paint, it was completely dry...
GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post

GT86FASTBACK

757 posts
Member since Jul 2009
Here are some pix I took of my first coat. Please keep in mind, this is a pic from my cell which only has a 1MP camera. This is with no wet sanding or buffing. What u see is how it laid and dried... The pix do it absolutely no justice.

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
aah,...... I see....... PICS PLEASE......... that is all..... peace

Pete
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post

Pete Matos

2291 posts
Member since Jan 2010
NICE!!!! Hurry and get it done and shoot the money shots outside in the sun for us lazy bones... peace!!
GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
I will borrow a digital camera tomorow after the final coats are on and take some pix for ya. Valchers!!!! LoL
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Gloss enamel colors are just as protected without clear on them. Gloss colors have the clear already mixed in the paint. If you do one panel with clear and one without, after your done Im guessing you wont see any difference. Remember in the spray cans, most of it is propellent and the little paint in it is soooo thinned down to go thru the nozzle, there isnt much of a clear film . Prob take 1/2 dozen cans to equal a pint .... so thats over $30 @ pint.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Updates? Pics? Anything to see here?

How did your training go, by the way?
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Seems you already tried it. I was going to say that I thought Rustoleum was a plain straight enamel paint. You would not be able to put Duplicolor clear on it....its laquer and would bubble up like paint stripper hit it. Urathane clear would be questionable. Suggest trying it on a single small panel first. If its too 'hot' for the Rustoleum, it will also bubble up and krinkle.
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86FASTBACK:

Here are some pix I took of my first coat. Please keep in mind, this is a pic from my cell which only has a 1MP camera. This is with no wet sanding or buffing. What u see is how it laid and dried... The pix do it absolutely no justice.

This is why I hate photobucket

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock