high beam switch by jmex
Started on: 03-16-2010 12:48 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: jmex on 03-16-2010 03:34 AM
jmex

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmexSend a Private Message to jmexDirect Link to This Post
My 87gt steering column was swapped out before I got it with a non-tilt, non-cruise column. I swapped it out with one I had from a 86se, tilt, cruise etc, then noticed the plate covering the high beam/turn signal area was missing and the high beam switch didn't work. Everything else works and I can operate the rod and make the high beam work but what am I missing on this switch? Nothing is making contact with the high beam rod. Would I'd be better off looking for a whole new column or can this be fixed? I completely tore apart the column that was in it and I still can't get the turn signal lever out of the housing, is there a trick to it? Also its made different, the high beam actuator rod is not bent on the end on that column. Anyone have a diagram of this switch. TIA

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmex

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmexSend a Private Message to jmexDirect Link to This Post
Well after some searching, (google), I found this by Jazzman:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/088020.html

So it looks like I'll be looking for a new column as I have pieces missing, so please ignore.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jmex (edited 03-16-2010).]

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock