replaced alternator still no charging by pontiacfierokid1985
Started on: 12-02-2009 12:41 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Formula88 on 12-02-2009 10:24 AM
pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Direct Link to This Post
hi its me againg i still cant figure it out i dropped my car off at a mechanic s and here is what he told me "Cehcked all battery feeds. its all good, Alternator not charging" i replaced the alternator what and still nothing whta the hell can it be please someone tell me how i can by pass the whole charging system to a one wire set up step by step helllllpppppppp please i am sick of this just want to drive it again without it dying on me in my driveway
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
Is your Alt. light in the dash working ? If the bulb is burnt out the alternator wont work.
JohnyGt67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnyGt67Send a Private Message to JohnyGt67Direct Link to This Post
Check fusible links. See Ogres Cave at top of page.
kyote

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyoteClick Here to visit kyote's HomePageSend a Private Message to kyoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Gonzalez:

Is your Alt. light in the dash working ? If the bulb is burnt out the alternator wont work.

????????
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
On the SI alternators the field power is delivered through the volt indicator lamp in the dash cluster, if the bulb is bad it doesnt allow power though that circuit. With the key on you should be able to read some voltage on the brown wire on the alt connector, possibly less then 12v but not "0" If you ground the brown wire with the key on run, the Alternator light should light up. Also check your gauges fuse, this is where the Alt light gets power from.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Is the battery charged? Some alternators won't start charging if the battery is totally dead. It keeps the alternator from burning itself out trying to charge a defective battery.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock