Started on: 10-13-2009 03:33 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: fieroguru on 10-13-2009 04:52 PM
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Obviously nobody has heard from Fiero Addiction, so how are people addressing the shift cable bracket like he used to sell here:
http://www.fieroaddiction.com/4T60_bracket.htm

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
It is quite simple to do the mod yourself if you can weld:

From my 4.3/4T60 install:

Originally posted by fieroguru:

This morning I modified the shifter linkage/brackets on the 4 speed auto to work in a Fiero. I printed out the sketches from fieroaddiction. The 125C parts are at the top and the 4T60 parts at the bottom:

Mock up of the modified shift bracket:

Shift bracket and shift cable bracket welded in the new configuration:

Installed and tested - works great!

Gotta go get more welding wire to start on the engine/tranny brackets.

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Where did you find the spec sheet?

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Jncomutt has a thread where he installed a 3800 with a 4T65 HD transmission. after reading it I saw where he had flattened the shift cable mounting bracket and used exihisting holes to mount it on the transmission.
His picture borrowed from his thread:

So I says to my self " Self, I wonder if this will work on my 4T60E also. It does. Here is Jncomutt's thread for some nice reading This picture is from about 3/4 way down on the first page:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/102326.html

Here is a picture of the transmission shift cable mounting bracket. I had the 90* angle heated and straightened. Notice also the two brackets we used are not exactly the same I am not sure which one is the most common on 125's. I purchased mine from a member in the mall and can not be sure what it came off of. But they both still worked the same:

After a test fit I had to take a round file and remove about 1/16" of metal from both the two mounting holes. If you lay yours on your transmission you will see where the hole needs to be extended out. I also had to notch the bracket where it was against the shift position switch on the transmission. About 5 0 clock on the top right hole you can just make out the notch.

Here ya go with it mounted on my transmission with only 10 min's of work. No welding needed on this bracket:

There isn't much information about moding the transmission shift arm out there. Fieroaddiction just tells us to flatten it out and make it 1 5/8" center to center, (41mm) Spacecoastfiero's in their 4T60 conversion information tell us to make it 1.6875"or about 1 11/16",(42.5mm). Center to center. About 3/4 way down the page.
http://spacecoastfieros.com/tech/440-4T60/
Jncomutt's 3800 thread didnt give any measurement.
When I had mine welded at the shop they made mine 1 3/4" , about 44.25mm. I cut the flat sides on a bolt that was the proper size and added a nut on top. This time they can find the center and make it about 42mm. This measurement will split the difference. I'm sure this isn't critical.

I do not have the adjustable shift cable that were put on some of our cars. Jncomutt's picture shows the adjustable shift cable. You an see the end of my cable where it fits into the bracket is different. Might need to try to locate an adjustable one.
Found one in the mall, Its on the way $30.00 including shipping. Thanks Blacktree

I cut and pasted this right out of my 4.9 swap thread. I havent got to try it out yet with a running car. This is sort of a gray area, no one much wants to show what they did to get theirs going.
Joe
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077299.html

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 10-13-2009).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Where did you find the spec sheet?

PM me your email address and I can email you a copy of the file.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock