Turn signal light by 87GT2M6
Started on: 08-12-2009 12:29 AM
Replies: 43
Last post by: Bloozberry on 08-22-2009 04:00 PM
Sundowner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2009 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SundownerSend a Private Message to SundownerDirect Link to This Post
Great thread anyways! I'm sure somebody will see this and avoid having to go through the same aggravation someday +++
IP: Logged
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2009 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Now that you have it solved, clean it up and meet me at Towers Friday night. Unless of course it is raining.
I have some Fiero stuff for you.
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Ok guys here's what happened after I thought all was fixed. Yesterday (Friday 21, 2009) I went to the Tower Shops car show held every Friday weather permitting.

I wish more Fiero's would show up but that’s another story.

On the way home I was following LT188GT he noticed my left front running light was off however my blinkers worked fine, when we arrived at his house we checked for the cause.

The socket I had purchased from Napa seemed to be faulty if you tapped it the running light would come on along with the second filament and when you tapped it again only the flashing filament would work, this occurred with multiple light bulbs we tried.

Mystery once again but we had it narrowed down a bit.

(When my friend replaced the flasher module and everything seemed to be working fine the only thing we did not do was turn on the running lights we assumed all was good.)

So finale after tinkering with it for a while Clement for those of you that don't know him in person LT188GT gave me two sockets and supplies to change out the Napa bought light socket.

I did this and problem was fixed once again permanently (this time I've done all possible tests making sure the light is lit and blinks in all scenarios)

I also swapped out the variable load Flasher Module for the original one and the original one works fine as well (Bloozberry was right about the Module) but do take note that the orig. Flasher blinks my lights slower than the new one.

So I can only come to the conclusion that it was the light socket all along.
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
Ahhhhhh... THAT makes more sense. The faulty socket provided the same symptoms as a burned out filament. Damned intermittents! Glad you narrowed it down.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock