My Car audio show me yours!! by BabyVet
Started on: 04-01-2009 04:50 PM
Replies: 62
Last post by: Quinto on 10-30-2009 03:32 AM
IFLYR22

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lisas 86 4cyl:

Nice work!! Some years ago I found a Jensen double din cd/cassette player that fit right in the old delco slot. But I do have a question regarding wiring in your amplifier. Would you mind sharing what wire you spliced your amp into. I also put in an amplifier and ever since then the battery drains pretty quickly if I didnt' drive daily and I assumed I must have spliced into an always hot wire. I would love to hear how you did it!!

See if your wiring matches this simple example schematic. Sounds like your remote wire is hot at all times.

The capacitor on the +12V and ground leads of the amp are optional. I just put it there to show where one would go.

For more advanced (complicated) audio wiring diagram

[This message has been edited by IFLYR22 (edited 04-08-2009).]

IP: Logged
BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post
pics always help that for sure
chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryh86GT:

Here are pics of my audio system:

I don't understand why people kill leg room for more sound? Seriously, how loud do you want your Fiero to be without compromising the cool sound your engine already makes? This goes out to everyone who has those silly subs (or whatever they are) in between the seats.

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site and don't forget visit our google ad sponsors
http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

[This message has been edited by chrismclubm (edited 04-08-2009).]

Maloso

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalosoSend a Private Message to MalosoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrismclubm:

I don't understand why people kill leg room for more sound? Seriously, how loud do you want your Fiero to be without compromising the cool sound your engine already makes? This goes out to everyone who has those silly subs (or whatever they are) in between the seats.

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrismclubm:

Still pleny of leg room. I didn't see any pictures of your sound system in this thread. Seriously, Do you have anything positive to offer to the thread???

Maloso: You agree? Where are the pictures of your sound system??

BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2009 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post
please lets not start a flame war just pics and comments of goods a bads of your guys different ideas

thanks
chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BabyVet:

please lets not start a flame war just pics and comments of goods a bads of your guys different ideas

thanks

you're right... but I have one more thing to add for Larryh86GT -- what I stated is only an opinion, surely you have opinions of your own.

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site and don't forget visit our google ad sponsors
http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Direct Link to This Post
I wish I had taken pictures of an install I did about 8 years ago (when I worked for an electronics store).
A customer came and asked for a custom install. He wanted to make his car look like the stereo was already stolen. very odd request, but I did it.
We pulled the factory stereo out of the truck (chevy S10). The stereo we put in was a Kenwood.
I soldered a 15 pin conductor to the Head Unit's faceplate connectors (on the inside, so no wires were immediately visible). The other end of the 15 pin conductor was soldered to the faceplate contacts. The Head Unit was installed in the glovebox.
The faceplate was installed into the visor. The faceplate was only visible when the visor was down.

-dave

[This message has been edited by IFLYR22 (edited 04-09-2009).]

BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IFLYR22:

I wish I had taken pictures of an install I did about 8 years ago (when I worked for an electronics store).
A customer came and asked for a custom install. He wanted to make his car look like the stereo was already stolen. very odd request, but I did it.
We pulled the factory stereo out of the truck (chevy S10). The stereo we put in was a Kenwood.
I soldered a 15 pin conductor to the Head Unit's faceplate connectors (on the inside, so no wires were immediately visible). The other end of the was soldered to the faceplate conductors. The Head Unit was installed in the glovebox.
The faceplate was installed into the visor. The faceplate was only visible when the visor was down.

-dave

thats very different but kinda cool
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IFLYR22:

Did somethiong similar when I had a flush mount SONY.

I went to the wreckers and pried off an AM radio faceplate with knobs and glued the knobs on. I then epoxied 1/2 a CD to the back of it.

Whenever you parked, it was a simple matter to side the 1/2 CD into the SONY's slot to hold the fake AM radio faceplate to the front of it.

------------------

My 3.4L S/C 87 GT
& My SD4 Indy
World of Wheels Winners

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Did somethiong similar when I had a flush mount SONY.

I went to the wreckers and pried off an AM radio faceplate with knobs and glued the knobs on. I then epoxied 1/2 a CD to the back of it.

Whenever you parked, it was a simple matter to side the 1/2 CD into the SONY's slot to hold the fake AM radio faceplate to the front of it.

Back when they had full pull-out stereo's we took a plastic sleeve and epoxied ripped out wires to it. When you pulled out the radio and slid the sleeve in, it appeared that someone ripped the radio out of the dash already.

PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I installed a 10" under the dash on the passenger side.
My amp:

What my sub box looks like... (Not my car)

I need to fine tune the design a little, and then can get photos of it.
Maloso

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalosoSend a Private Message to MalosoDirect Link to This Post
[ Maloso: You agree? Where are the pictures of your sound system??
[/QUOTE]

Coming soon...its gonna kick @$$!

BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post
looks good guys keep them coming
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
Found some of the pictures of the sub in the spare tire location.

Then ported into the cab on passenger side floor.

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

The best audio system is heard, not seen

I disagree:

2500 Watts RMS to 5 subs with no loss of leg room. (Digital rearview mirror/camera too)
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2009 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
All I got to say is wow! I will even say it backwards, wow! ^^^^^^^^^ Awesome looking setup.

------------------

BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post
thats feaking sweet man!!!!!!
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
ClayTonto - thats freakin bad a$$
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2009 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I used to own a stereo shop and built systems for all kinds of cars, but this was mine and my favorite.
Quinto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QuintoSend a Private Message to QuintoDirect Link to This Post
Five subs, thats pretty insane.

That pics about a month old, and I've owned the car since mid-summer. Fell in love with it when I saw it on e-bay, and it turned out to be in my hometown a hundred miles from where I lived.

I paid 129.99 for each 8 inch L7 kicker sub, and today while i was at a car audio warehouse the guy told me that as a dealer he couldnt even get them at that price.
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
And I thought my car had bump
Quinto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QuintoSend a Private Message to QuintoDirect Link to This Post
The box isn't sealed yet, so its not thunderous. That was the second box we built, the first one fit perfectly into the groves in the back, but the subs wouldn't fit into the box and it was ugly. This one we actually threw together pretty fast (mainly because a different person was helping me build it) and it looks better but doesn't fit into those grooves in the back, so it needs to be sealed.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock