Started on: 12-07-2008 04:40 PM
Replies: 46
Last post by: stickpony on 12-21-2008 03:21 PM
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero STS:

I will look in my book for the 4.9 but I cannot imagine that the whole instrument cluster lighting, heater control etc. would change just because of a different engine. Maybe some program changes but I would not suspect much else. Just another note, I am using an analog gauge cluster not a full digital display. That might be where the extra 16v power supply and no visuals come from.

I think part of the problem is the engine change also brought the change to OBD2. New PCM, BCM, ect. They may use the same dash but the way the components process everything is different. Let us know what you find. I would love to see this setup working in a fiero, especially with all the 4.9s already running.
IP: Logged
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroseverywhere:

I think part of the problem is the engine change also brought the change to OBD2. New PCM, BCM, ect. They may use the same dash but the way the components process everything is different. Let us know what you find. I would love to see this setup working in a fiero, especially with all the 4.9s already running.

Early N*s used the modified OBDI ecms .They did not go to OBDII until 96 I think. My N* was a 98 using a 95 ecm. I actually have 4.9 dash that I hooked up to the N* this way. So I know the dash worksthis way.
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post

Early N*s used the modified OBDI ecms .They did not go to OBDII until 96 I think. My N* was a 98 using a 95 ecm. I actually have 4.9 dash that I hooked up to the N* this way. So I know the dash worksthis way.

Thats right. I always forget they had 4.9 and northstar caddy's in 95. How did you connect the serial data wire if you are not running a BCM? According to all I can read in the service manual then PCM does not wire firectly into the displays. It must go through the BCM first.
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
According to my service manual and wire diagrams all the ecms use a common data link. They are all hooked in parrallel to the two tan wires. I just hooked up two tan wires from the engine module to the dash module.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The early Caddys had both analog and digital dash, but the codes were displayed on the Fuel display or Environmental control.
stickpony

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyDirect Link to This Post

According to my service manual and wire diagrams all the ecms use a common data link. They are all hooked in parrallel to the two tan wires. I just hooked up two tan wires from the engine module to the dash module.

how was your 4.9L setup wired? deville or seville/eldorado? what year was your ecm?
stickpony

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stickpony:

how was your 4.9L setup wired? deville or seville/eldorado? what year was your ecm?

bump
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock