325 4L REVERSE LAMBO photos by XMXRACER62
Started on: 10-17-2008 09:40 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: fieroguru on 10-20-2008 04:36 PM
XMXRACER62

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XMXRACER62Send a Private Message to XMXRACER62Direct Link to This Post
IM still trying to get used to the picture adding. Again anyone intrested in the spins, calipers, hubs and rotors let me know proally go on ebay this weekend. all is new or reman.. Thasnks Ron
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
interesting looking mechanicals. details on them please?

------------------
1987 Fiero GT built by my brother, merlot566jka, 3500 LX9 from 06 Malibu, WOT-TECH.com 1280 grind stage 3 cam, LS6 valve springs, 1227730 ECM conversion, Darrel Morse solid aluminum cradle mounts, Truleo headers modified to fit the 3500, 36# inectors, 70mm 4.3 throttle body adapted to 3500 intake, ported heads, upper and lower intakes, lightly polished, tcemotorsports.com crank trigger wheel, CenterForce dual friction clutch, Flowtech Afterburner muffler, 2.5" piping, cat deleted, EGR deleted, SinisterPerformance tuning, C6 Corvette exhaust tips. projected to be 35 MPG with a guesstimate of 250 hp at the motor

3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post
more info on the tranny plz!
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayDirect Link to This Post
How are you planning on sealing the transmission? and get fluid to the differential? am I wrong thinking that the tranny fluid gets to the differential? never really look into the idea of strectching the pumpkin out there, well done looking forward to see how you get it to work out.

What are your plans with the motor?

Chris
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by XMXRACER62:

Please understand that I am not trying to flame you or insult this idea, but do you realize that if your engine makes at least 350 ftlb and your trans has an approximate 3:1 first gear, this coupler will have to react to about 1000 ftlb of torque? This will be a problem unless you mount the diff and the engine both firmly to the subframe and do a re-design on the coupler.

These parallel rods in your setup are great for loadings in tension and some compression, but will deflect easily under the torsional and bending loads (The important ones) and either break the bolts, perpetually loosen them, or fail bearings in the trans.

If you could do a torque tube like a Corvette and just weld your flanges on, you'd be golden.

Otherwise a sharp design! How is the toe curve (bump steer) of the rear suspension?

[This message has been edited by KurtAKX (edited 10-17-2008).]

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
KurtAKX Read my mind. That extension has very little to offer for torsional and lateral stability.
It looks cool, but you MUST use some sort of enclosing tube to have any intregrity to that assembly.

I do think that the idea of moving the diff past the harmonic balancer is very beneficial for a lambo car.
XMXRACER62

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XMXRACER62Send a Private Message to XMXRACER62Direct Link to This Post
Sorry I havent told much on this post , Im moving it so its easier to find - the title was for pic help. pretty much all guess work with most of the strenght issues here, if anything goes wrong Im blaming crawler for getting me intrested in this setup. Not Really JK. This is just the rough fit of everything axle wise. Ya, the dif has a internal bearing that the diff fluid will lube and a outer bearing that I or the trans fluid will lube with a tunnel Im rolling for the inside around the output shaft. the trans fluid lubes that one. I will solid mount the motor, trans, and diff to the cradle with the motor mount attaching to the diff / trans point and also at the bottom front. Also once everything is fit proper im sealing, trussing and guessing -baffleing somehow the extension tube. the trans a 325 4l which is a twin to the 200s found in camaros, grand nationals ect..producing 800+hp -- jus cut in half. All their mods can be done to my 325 and if so 600hp protection should be obtainable. The diff being a GM diff it will accept a posi setup and I can loose the spider gears. Also Im not sure but I think if you were to replace the guts of the diff with regular gears and not the FWD cad stuff I wouldnt have had to flip the diff because that is in oppisite rotation with the cad setup. Not sure and dont want to change my direction just yet. My eng is a fresh 010 blk 350 SBC .30 over w/low comp blower pistons, not 2 crazy cam, rollers, bigger heads, balanced ect.... 400hp on pump gas, with the twins on, not sure, havent got that far yet. The blower on the motor was around 6 so turbos should be close. Ill keep progress posted, problem is I cant move as fast as some of you guys do. [img]
XMXRACER62

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XMXRACER62Send a Private Message to XMXRACER62Direct Link to This Post

XMXRACER62

51 posts
Member since Mar 2007
XMXRACER62

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XMXRACER62Send a Private Message to XMXRACER62Direct Link to This Post
p.m. me if anyone intrested in the spindles, calipers, rotor, setup. all stock fiero. 150 takes all
megafreakindeth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for megafreakindethSend a Private Message to megafreakindethDirect Link to This Post
whats a 325? looks like a chevy engine but 325 isnt a 4 liter nor can i think of what chevy had a 325, is it some kinda bored out 305?
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by megafreakindeth:

whats a 325? looks like a chevy engine but 325 isnt a 4 liter nor can i think of what chevy had a 325, is it some kinda bored out 305?

The transmission/differential is a TH325
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock