Factory Subwoofer Help Needed by sjmaye
Started on: 05-28-2007 12:12 PM
Replies: 46
Last post by: sjmaye on 02-05-2009 05:06 AM
sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
A little more info. I looked more closely at the troublshootimg page on the one test I failed on. It was the one where you check the speaker voltage on the aub amp connector. The test said to look sor ~1V AC.

When switched to the AC mode each speaker put about 1 V AC in to the connector at high volume. I thought for chuckles I would try the same on the sub speaker connector to see if there was anything getting there. Sure enough, it was about 1V AC also.

Sounds like a bad speaker?
IP: Logged
cjgable

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cjgableSend a Private Message to cjgableDirect Link to This Post
Cool, it should be fine. The rims aren't too difficult to straighten using the edge of a table or workbench. Just make sure the voice coil wasn't whacked off center when it was dropped. You can check it by applying even pressure across the cone and carefully pushing the cone inward. If you do it in an even pressure, the voice coil should not scrape inside. You should feel/hear it, if it is off.

You will probably notice a big difference now.
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
So you think I was thinking right? That if I was getting 1V AC everything is probably working OK, just need a speeaker worth a flip?
cjgable

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2007 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cjgableSend a Private Message to cjgableDirect Link to This Post
That's what I have been thinking. I just wished I ran across your thread to help earlier.

[This message has been edited by cjgable (edited 06-08-2007).]

sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2007 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE- Looks like it was the speaker after all. I got the one shown above. Did some minor straightening, wired, and mounted it. The sub seems to work fine now.

Thanks for all the help!
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Direct Link to This Post
i put an 06 pontiac vibe radio in my 87 gt with premium sound and powered the sub with the radio antenna out put. sub sounded like crap and the slide on the overhead light pannel didn't seem to work. i should also mention that the sub sounded like crap even with the factory radio in it. any ideas.
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
My post above was last year. Although it states I had it working. In retrospect, it did not. I am not an audiophile, so it has been trial and error. I can tell you I absolutely have it working now. Aside from what I did before by routing the two pink power wires to the ignition wiring I performed this upgrade and I am happy with the performance.... FINALLY!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/097104.html#p0
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock