Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  TPI SBC refresh with G6 6 speed trany upgrade (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
TPI SBC refresh with G6 6 speed trany upgrade by Alex4mula
Started on: 10-07-2006 10:39 AM
Replies: 130
Last post by: Alex4mula on 01-14-2009 05:54 PM
arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
You sure take the saw to your car a lot but everything has turned out awesome so far. Great work! I'm interested in seeing that scoop also.

------------------
-Kyle
Email: kakagiraffe@gmail.com
Aim: Littlechugger
1988 Notchback 4.9 V8, 5spd Isuzu
True Dual Exhaust, Delta Cam
1993 Ford Probe 5spd

IP: Logged
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. Drove it today and you can hear the hissing sound when you open it up similar to when you put a pipe in the other side in a V6. But it is much less annoying. I like it.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2007 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I just cut the original panel and installed this temporary "flower pot" scoop. I think it looks less bad than the previous. I also painted it practicing with the BC/CC I have for the whole car soon. It hisses a little at partial throttle like my old one with the V6

Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Well to keep this around let me post the latest on this car. I committed the mistake to tackle the paintjob myslef. Bought couple books, some equipment and talked to a lot of people. A V8 swap seems like piece of cake compared to this. Too much prep and sanding when all I want to do is paint! LOL! Oh well. Here is an extreme summary.

I wanted to solve this peeling all over the top.

Then started sanding. And sanding and keep sanding. Oh well. This was just at the begining. All roof went down another layer plus I needed a new front hood to speed up as I was having some bubble primer reactions on my original

Yesterday I finished all wet sanding and almost all is ready to paint. I only need to finish sanding the interior of the rear hood as I decided to go red inside too. So bye bye my 35+ decals.

Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2008 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Went to the body shop today to complete the job. Should be ready this Saturday Ever driven one without the front hood on? Got some funny looks. Was so excited that drove over 10 miles without tag because I forgot to put it back

Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
So to finish this (by now) here is the final result. Later on I still need to build a passenger side scoop for the final intake. But now the yellow car needs some long due (say 2yrs down!) attention.

Matt Hawkins

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matt HawkinsSend a Private Message to Matt HawkinsDirect Link to This Post
It looks fantastic. I have always been impressed with your cars.

------------------
62 Buick Special
86 GT, 5-Speed
87 GT, 3.4l DOHC Turbo 415 WHP, 11.9 @ 118
88 Toyota Supra Turbo

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Matt Hawkins:

It looks fantastic. I have always been impressed with your cars.

Ditto!! You want to trade??
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys! It is feedback like that what keeps me motivated when the going gets tough
mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Direct Link to This Post
The paint looks great, especilly with all the moldings painted as well.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Just to keep this alive. Nothing too new. It went from FL to MI and back for the 25th without problems. I finally finished these and installed them. The only other thing I plan for this car are some 13" brakes and the low profile double round headlights.

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock