In Dash DVD wiring help by Winkie
Started on: 06-21-2008 10:22 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Winkie on 06-21-2008 05:48 PM
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
I need to hook up two wires to the brakes so that I can set the clock and other things. The headunit I have has a safety feature on it so it has to be hooked into the brakes to change the settings and so you can't watch movies while driving. I need to know which wires and where I have to hook these two wires up to. A pic would be appreciated.

Thanks, and a plus to anyone that can help
Ryan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Do you know if the wires are looking for ground or +12volts?

Or do they need to be connected together to work?
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
They are looking for pulses I think. To get into the advanced settings you have to step on the brake pull the ebrake let down the ebrake then pull it again then release the brake (something like that). I found something on ebay that imitates the brakes and you connect the 2 wires then the other end to 12V and one to ground. I ordered it, so ill see if that will solve the problem. I didn't want to splice into the brake wiring. Maybe this little box is the answer.

Ryan

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock