wreck by Kagen
Started on: 06-04-2008 09:27 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Ace McCloud on 06-14-2008 09:21 PM
Kagen

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KagenSend a Private Message to KagenDirect Link to This Post
I was going around a blind turn monday when my front passenger side wheel hit a large piece of concrete some nice guy left in the middle of the road. I guess I hit the corner of it because it put a huge hole in my tire and DESTROYED my gt rims. But I thought that was the extent of the damage so I jacked it up to put on a spare. When I took the wheel off I saw the real damage, my rotor was cracked and control arm was bent a lot. I had it towed to a shop and today they gave me a list of things that need to be replaced but they have problems finding parts for them. I live in hawai'i and I have only seen 2 other fiero's so thats understandable. Does anyone know a good place to get parts, I haven't found a junkyard that has a fiero yet.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
They will cost more than used but you can find what you need here

http://www.fierostore.com
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I believe the state should pay for it, considering you pay taxes day after day to have driveable roads.

Unless the road said "use at own risk" or "assumed road" or something along those lines..then your screwed.
Kagen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KagenSend a Private Message to KagenDirect Link to This Post
the roads in hawai'i are horrible, but who would I have to tlk to to get the state to pay
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-05-2008 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
If the concrete chunk was related to a state activity, such as nearby road construction, then you would contact the state or city offices and find out where to file a claim. If it was due to private construction then you're out of luck unless there was some way to identify where the concrete came from.

JazzMan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
The city or state would just deny it. Taking pic where and when it happened would help. That story sucks man I feel for ya!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

The city or state would just deny it. Taking pic where and when it happened would help. That story sucks man I feel for ya!

Unfortunatly this is usually true, unless you have a lot of documentation, pics, other witnesses, etc.

Oh.................and if you need used parts, LMK I have more than you can imagine.
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
What parts?
Kagen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KagenSend a Private Message to KagenDirect Link to This Post
well my rim is destroyed but they said someone might be able to fix it. hey said the upper and lower control arm for the front, I need a new rotor as it was cracked, like a saddle in the back, the guy I talked to didn't know exactly what because he was like the assistant, i'll call them and get a list and post it up
Kagen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KagenSend a Private Message to KagenDirect Link to This Post
I finaly got the list of parts he needs to do the repairs. Right upper control arm, Right lower control arm, Right front spindle, grease seal, Right inner wheel bearing, Right outter wheel bearing, right front brake rotor, front end link set, bar to frame bushings, right front wheel, SS535 P205/50R15. I noticed also that the passenger headlight is sticking up a like one inch.
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Best bet is to check all the yards in the state and see if you can find one, you could get all the parts in one shot. You might still want to replace the rotor and bearings though. I would be highly dubuios about someone repairing a "destroyed" rim. Its either destroyed or its not. If its just bent a little it might be workable. Probably cost less just to get a new one rather than pay someone to beat on the old one though.
PFF
System Bot
Kagen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KagenSend a Private Message to KagenDirect Link to This Post
There is not a single fiero in any yards in the entire state, it really sucks. If I could find one it would be easier to get a whle another junk fiero for parts
Ace McCloud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ace McCloudSend a Private Message to Ace McCloudDirect Link to This Post
try car-part.com shipping might hurt but you could find one in a CA and see what shipping would be.

[This message has been edited by Ace McCloud (edited 07-02-2008).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock