Replacement muffler 2.5? by Salmonbum
Started on: 06-04-2008 06:13 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: jaskispyder on 06-04-2008 10:38 AM
Salmonbum

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SalmonbumSend a Private Message to SalmonbumDirect Link to This Post
Was on my way to work this am and the exhaust got loud. Looked under the car and It looks like a 1"plate of some type blew out of the muffler. Where can I get a good deal on a stock replacement? '84 2.5l....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Salmonbum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SalmonbumSend a Private Message to SalmonbumDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I think its the Cat. Its not at the rear of the car, but in the front of the motor underneath. there are 3 plugs in it and one blew out. Can I just have someone weld a plate back over this?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
it may be possible to weld it up. Otherwise, you will need a new cat. No biggie. If you want it do it yourself, then Rodney Dickman sells a replacement clamp on cat.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
If a plug blew out, it's clogged. Get a new one.

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

Salmonbum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SalmonbumSend a Private Message to SalmonbumDirect Link to This Post
There were a few different ones on his site. Which one woule be the best? The OEM or the Borla? Would there be a downside to a say, 18" pipe replacemen??

[This message has been edited by Salmonbum (edited 06-04-2008).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2008 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Well, the replacement is really up to you and the bank account. The straight pipe will work, BUT the car will be louder. It is ok, but I wouldn't recommend it. The new cat. will flow much better than the old one anyway.

J.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock